[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This fucking hit detection So, how did you guys find this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (33 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33 KB, 460x215
>This fucking hit detection

So, how did you guys find this game?
Got it cheap and it can be quite fun, but really wierd sometimes.
>>
>>331696002
Ranked is still fucked.

Fuck my life.
>>
>>331696002
Literally lag comp the game.
>>
>>331696257
Only tried casual, feels kinda stupid that there is no map overview or so when playing vs players.

Like, when loading, show me the layout of the map like in CS:GO or something, I don't know half the stuff when I play with my mates.
>>
>>331696002
Shitty hit detection, shitty gunplay.

Lacks polish in a lot of other areas.

Still pretty fun, if a little frustrating at times. Got it for free when I upgraded my GPU, couldn't imagine paying $60 for it, or buying any kind of season pass for it.
>>
Gud game, many shitters
>>
Fun as fuck but slowly dying. Feels like a game i've been loking for pvp wise
>>
>>331696324
>>331696570
That was my general perception while I played.

Doesn't help FOV is barely 90 and player models can be annoying as fuck to see sometimes.
>>
>The good
It's fun with friends
Not a bad online game
Interesting in a way that no other game has done
Csgo small squad based tactics meets old school r6 cqb

>the bad
Everyone locked at 60 ping
Hitreg is shit
The player "camera" is at chest level on the model, which results in jank bullshit when trying to peek from cover.
Glitches with grenades,
Killcam in multiplayer
Tickrate of 60

I liked it, and it's probably my favorite shooter of this past year, but unless huge changes are made, it has no future competetively or as an esport (which orgs are trying to push)
>>
For the best experience, choke your connection out by seeding torrents.
>>
>>331697283
The player camera is actually at the teeth level of the model. What kind of glitches with grenades besides hitting through walls which makes sense anyway.

Also what's wrong with killcams? It's always a 1 life per round game, a kill cam is only beneficial and doesn't fuck over the killer at all.
>>
>>331696570
>gunplay
There's that word again. What's your definition of gunplay and what's wrong with it in Siege?
>>
>>331697736
There are gifs showing otherwise with the player cam, though it could be situational. I don't know for sure

There has been a mildly reproducible glitch where a rappelling player would toss a grenade through an open window only to have it never make it through the window and kill the player.

Killcams in casual, I have no problem with. But in ranked or top level gameplay, if you get the drop on an enemy and get the free kill without them ever seeing you, they now know where you are and can relay the information to their team.

Obviously it benefits you when your team is the one getting the information, but it doesn't make sense for anyone to have to worry about a dead player compromising your positioning for free.
The attacking team in this situation should never be punished for using solid positioning to gain an advantage, nor should the defending team be rewarded for getting killed.
>>
>>331698086
How shooting feels and handles in a game. Matters of accuracy, recoil, etc.

Siege's gunplay is a little unbalanced (what with how pointless pump-shotguns are, while Frost's semi-auto shotty is usually enough for a 1hk). Guns don't have recoil patterns but rather just have wider, random spreads, and gunfights are usually pretty much spraying at your opponent and hoping you land the three-to-four bullets required to down them.

I really liked the gunplay in Insurgency, where weapons were accurate but suffered from actual recoil and muzzle-climb. Put a laser pointer on a rifle in Insurgency and start firing, you can see the pointer rise with the muzzle, and still predict where your shots will land thanks to the pointer.

Put a pointer on your pistol in Siege and start shuffling, then fire, and your bullet will hit high and to the right, damn near a foot away from where the laser pointer is actually aiming at.

It just smacks of lazy programming. If you're going to make gunfighting fast and lethal, have accuracy actually matter and not just be RNG.
>>
>>331698585
Yeah I don't know, I have around 200 hours in the game and haven't had any of this crazy shit happen.

I understand that there are retarded weird glitch type shit that happen all the time in this game but stuff like that only happens like 1 in 20 games at most.

Now that you explain it yeah I suppose I understand how killcams are detrimental to the experience but if they weren't there it would be so hard to discover hackers unless they get the round winning kill. My biggest problem with this game on pc is the insane amount of hackers in ranked, I swear in the higher leagues 1 out of 3 people hack or toggle.
>>
>>331699043
How interesting. See, I haven't had too many issues with hackers, but a reasonable amount of bs with glitches and the like. I only put about 60 hours in before I went back to csgo.

I do know the hackers are the reason that ubi decided to return the killcam to ranked. Which of course I don't agree with but I'm not sure how else they would fix the issue.
>>
File: 1451604156550.jpg (111 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1451604156550.jpg
111 KB, 659x609
I like when roamers complain of getting killed.
>>
>>331699484
I've seen my fair amount of glitches but one that I feel affects the gameplay the most is the rubberbanding when you blow a hole in the wall or sometimes just when you break through a barricade. It can completely fuck you over and there's nothing you can do about it.

I've only seen a hacker in causal a few times but in ranked it's very annoying once you get in gold division and up. I've had games where a guy on my team decides to hack and then all of a sudden the entire team starts hacking. It's like all these players have it ready just for when things start going south it really sours the experience. The worst part is when hackers tell you to report them to fairfight because they know it will do nothing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.