[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Popular/influential games that almost everyone seems to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Stickerbush not stickerbrush.png (366 KB, 450x351) Image search: [Google]
Stickerbush not stickerbrush.png
366 KB, 450x351
ITT: Popular/influential games that almost everyone seems to have played, except for you, and why.

Everyone calls this game a great platformer, but I have never touched the DKC series. I don't even know if the GBA port is good. I like the music though.
>>
I've never played a Nintendo game in my life, even when I was a kid. We couldn't afford a Gameboy so I've only watched people play Pokemon Red.
>>
>>331682931
You should get yourself a snes emulator and some roms and play those games anon. They really are great and hold up fantastically. DKC 2 is probably the best of the trilogy but they're all good so you might want to start from the first. Instead of paying $20 for the hot new 2 hour long indie pixel platformer, play these games first.
>>
File: 1449038315431.png (3 MB, 4096x4096) Image search: [Google]
1449038315431.png
3 MB, 4096x4096
Just get an emulator buddy. And don't emulate the GBA ports. I mean, there's really no excuse for you not to do it. Pic related is one of the comfiest overworlds ever.

I never played the Zelda games, started emulating them. Was a decision because I found another series I like. So you give it a go too.
>>
Never played
>Silent Hill-series
>Planescape: Torment/Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale
>Fallout-series
>Souls-series
>System or Bioshock-series
>Vib Ribbon
>LucasArts' adventure games
>probably a lot more
>>
>>331682931
The Thousand Year Door, keep hearing its the best of the bunch, just want to go into it with a good attitude.

Also will try to finally beat Majoras Mask on 3ds while I have the game rented, even back during the n64 days I bought this used and quit before the last dungeon.
>>
>>331682931
>super mario rpg

it just seems wierd to me. i think i even dropped it as a kid. chrono trigger and secret of evermore gave me a high bar for rpgs, maybe that's why i dropped it? maybe it was just too different from a traditional jrpg but i remember nothing about the game.
>>
>>331684650
>armor at shops gets slightly stronger
>every character has a god weapon/armor
>optional boss fight of grand proportions
>final boss ends the game

haven't played much rpgs to be honest, but I think this one formed a lot of opinions I have for how the most standard rpg would go
>>
Red Dead Redemption

I just never played it. By all means, it seems like a good game. I hear a lot of praise. I just never got around to playing
>>
>>331686076
are you talking about chrono or mario rpg? sounds like chrono but i don't know abour mario rpg.
>>
>>331686426
was talking about mario rpg, Chrono Trigger is another game I have to play but I'm not interested in it now.
>>
File: 7795944.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
7795944.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>331682931
Banjo-Kazooie, or collect-a-thons from the N64 era in general.

As a kid I ended up having a PS1 and not playing many 3D platformers, so I never really got into games like that. I see people praising Banjo as one of the best games in the N64 library, and all the hype for Yooka-Laylee, but when I look at gameplay for the former I just don't get it.
>>
I have never played any adventure games and any nintendo games except for pokemon.

Also no matter how much people insint until they get furious i'll never fucking play mass effect. After 2 hours in the first game i hated it.
>>
more of a general thing, but for some reason i am terrible at platforming games. grew up playing SM64 and still never beaten it even though i love it
>>
>>331687917
also street fighter. i love fighting games, but just can't get into street fighter
>>
>>331687120
super mario 64 was the best 3d platformer on n64 so everything that came after it wasn't some amazing fucking thing anyway. they were definitely good games though but i wouldn't say they are must plays unless you have an n64 emulator and looking for something.
>>
I don't see the point in playing influential games if subsequent games have bettered them in every regard.
>>
>>331682931
All final fantasy games, save for tactics advance, a little bit of 13, and the mmo thats out now
>>
>>331682931
Every single 90s console classic /v/ jacks off to.
I had a PC since the very first 60MHz Pentium. I missed out on all this shit entirely.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.