[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was dual wielding actually a good addition to the game? Did it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: SMGSMG.png (342 KB, 1024x751) Image search: [Google]
SMGSMG.png
342 KB, 1024x751
Was dual wielding actually a good addition to the game? Did it really add more than being able to carry two weapons did to begin with?
Or did it simply mess with the balance of the game and make a less concise experience.

If it was good why was it removed in each game after 3?
>>
>>331681127
Holding a gun with one hand is a mistake
>>
>>331681127
I actually kinda liked it. I just wish the pistol wasn't shit.
>>
it was pointless since the battle rifle reigned supreme
>>
>>331681289
That's not how you spell rocket launcher
>>
>>331681127
Duel wielding was decent enough, only problem is that it made duel wieldable weapons need to be weaker on their own so that they wouldn't be overbalanced when duel wielding. Look at how gimped the Plasma Rifle got from CE to 2.

It was alright but spawning with the SMG was bad since it did ruin what most players did. They would kill a guy, get another second SMG, and usually not do anything else unless they found a power weapon or a BR.

Having an AR type weapon to start with would be good since the duel SMG would still be viable if the player found them for close range while an AR type weapon would still allow for grenades and melee and all that good stuff.
>>
>>331681254
I feel like the pistol needed to be gimped as a sacrifice for making duel wield not completely broken.

Imagine if they kept the Halo CE pistol stats
>12 round magazine
>pinpoint accuracy
>five shots anywhere to kill, or three headshots
>and you get two of them

It would be ridiculous.
>>
>>331681127
I liked it in Halo 3 but in Halo 2 it kind of gimped the weapons into oblivion, the Needler being the worst.
>>
>>331681127
Its sad they got rid of it, why couldnt i dual wield those cooler looking pistols in halo odst? or in reach?

And am i the only person who kicked ass with dual wield pistols
>>
I'd say it hurt overall, but the problems were mainly due to tangential stuff rather then duel wielding itself.

>>331681289
that's what he's saying, did duel wielding cause that due to them making automatics shit to balance being able to wield two of them
>>
>>331681127
Sheeeeiiiiit he dabbin!
>>
>>331681127
Dual wielding was better in 3 but overall it was a bad addition to the game.
>>
>>331685591
Microsoft think they slick

HE dabbin
>>
>>331682767
How did Halo 3 keep it balanced?
>>
>>331681127
Weren't you in the last thread?
>>
>>331681127
It made the game pretty different.

In the first few months of Halo 2 (before the patch that made grenades worth using) it was a lot more of a CQC game than any Halo before or after it.

I guess it was ultimately just there for appearance, and after the trilogy they tried to make the Spartans more tacticool than super soldier, but I do miss having the option.
>>
Stupid feature that made every dual wield able gun useless on its own
>>
>>331681127
>overcharge plasma pistol
>carry pistol in other hand
>rek shield with plasma pistol
>headshot for instant death
We called it the noob combo and b& it from play when we did LAN parties.
>>
>>331681127
No, it was terrible, it meant that they had to balance guns so that anything that could be dual wielded was shit on its own.
>>
>>331681127
Yes, it was good. Every weapon in Halo 3 just had so little power compared to the BR and the AR that it just kind of made using any weapon aside from just those two pointless. Dual wielding was nerfed too hard in 3, and since nobody used it because of that I guess that's why they removed it.
>>
>>331686891
Other than being marginally quicker it doesn't really change anything from just having a plasma pistol as one weapon and magnum as your second. Weapon swap speed in Halo is pretty fast.
>>
Halo 3 is 10 years old next year. Where does the time go?
>>
>>331681231

Spartans can hold guns one handed
>>
>>331687360
down the drain
>>
>>331681526
they were going to gimp the CE pistol regardless, they admit it was a mistake

though it is a peashooter in 2
>>
>>331688353
They should have just made a rifle with the stats of the CE pistol instead of the shitfest that was the BR
>>
>>331686210
let's see
>they bought back single use weapons, making duel-wielding more of a choice now.
>weapons (while weaker) were better than their Halo 2 counter parts.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.