[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/, How would you advertise on vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: giphy.gif (983 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
983 KB, 250x250
Any good example of advertisement IN-GAME that works really well?
>>
>>331675487

In game billboards or places you'd expect to see an ad in real life.
>>
>>331675487
1. Stop the game
2. have advert popup
3. have to stuff the dragon dildo (that came with the game) up your ass (especially on xbone with the camera) to go end advert.
>>
In games set in cities, I wouldn't mind seeing real products on billboards etc.
>>
The way MGS does it.
>>
going into a store, and real products are on the shelves
isn't this how shenmue/yakuza do it? haven't actually played them so correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>331676458

No, you are correct. You can even read actual mangas in convinience stores in Yakuza 5.
>>
File: pig.png (32 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
pig.png
32 KB, 800x600
So, you'd have an ad for something pop up on your screen, and the only way to get rid of it would be to yell the name of the product!
>>
File: 17x23gpus9421jpg.jpg (23 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
17x23gpus9421jpg.jpg
23 KB, 636x358
>Freeze the game randomly in any place as the player is starting to get into the game
>Play an advert the player has to watch
>Have the player type out or yell the captcha word "PIZZA"
>Let the goyim continue playing.
>>
>>331675487
I'd probably make something like Doritios/Mt Dew on MGS PW.
>>
>>331676594
UNTRANSLATED
>>
>>331676018
>>331676675
>even freezing the game
Just have a 30 second ad pop up during a boss fight with no way of skipping it, and it covers half the screen
>>
>Health Potions are your product
>Poison Potions is a parody of your competitions product
>>
>>331676821
I'd tolerate that if it were just a logo icon or something, but if it said MOUNTAIN DEW™ Potion every time I went to use one it it'd be annoying
>>
File: cool-spot-usa.png (7 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
cool-spot-usa.png
7 KB, 320x224
have the entire game be an ad
>>
consumerism and materialism is a disease that society needs to get over.
I do not want ads in a game.
>>
They would be good on loading screens, but that'd just push the publishers to request intentionally longer and less optimised loading times.
>>
>>331675487
Think of how Tiger and Bunny did it with adverting real companies and only tying them into the lore of the world but never making them too prominent
>>
I like when I'm going through an urban area in a game and I see real models of cars. Better than seeing generic cars.

That type of in game adverts I don't mind.
>>
>>331677750
Says the idiot posting from a pc or other device made by several large companies.

It's the way of the world, accept it and move on you unwashed hipster faggot.
>>
>>331680207
Says the consumer who ignorant to the fact that he had no choice to be born into a society of slavery of the masses.
You cannot opt out of it.
if you do you get socially rejected till you end up homeless
which is complete brainwash of the human soul.
I refuse to participate in a society till it is about fulfilling the wills OF EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THE PLANET.
not
BUY ONLY 9.99
Hipster
Nigger
i listen to grunge
and 1990s alternative.
>>
>>331675487
Billboards
Vending machines
Litter
>>
>>331676786
SHITTING
>>
Branded, useable items which are familiar. Instead of canned meat in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. have a can of Spam. Instead of a generic M4 a Bushmaster M4 with textures and a logo behind the item's icon. Billboards and shit that are distressed so as to fit the atmosphere. Nothing that ever stands to forsake the realism of the game and nothing that stands to compromise its internal styling.
>>
SOAP shoes, nigga
>>
Dark Souls 2 did it well
>>
>>331684280
they should of had jnco jeans,32xl white t shirts and frosted tips too
>>
>>331675695
Which game was it that had actual billboards which updated when you were online.
I want to say Prototype.
>>
In-game billboards that have a pre-downloaded ad, but can also go online to grab a random ad to pop up instead.
If you watch movies and look for product placement, that type of discreet promotion does best for a game.
>>
>>331686004
Well.
Fuck.
>>
>>331686004
Mercenaries 2
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.