[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh shit anon, you just pulled Sakurai and his wife out of a burning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: deletethis.jpg (20 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
deletethis.jpg
20 KB, 343x343
Oh shit anon, you just pulled Sakurai and his wife out of a burning car! He reveals to you that Smash 4 is getting an NX port, and, grateful as anyone would be, is offering you two options:

A
>Melee Mode
As the name says, it makes the game play exactly like Melee. This is an option that, switched on, affects ALL gameplay.
>one veteran returns
He has his fingers crossed that it isn't Snake, of course, but would happily do what it takes if so.
>Melee-style Adventure Mode
Short but replayable, has some hidden secrets and challenges a la Giga Bowser, actually finished this time and every area is like the Mario and Zelda parts in Melee.

B
>add three Nintendo characters of your choice
Yes, even Ridley.
>one iconic or once-iconic third party
One that would have made sense to include in Brawl or the base game and would fit among Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, and Pac-Man
>any character that originates from a video game
Simple as that. Could be a semi-known protagonist, could be your main from a forgotten old fighting game. Anything you want, Sakurai will see to it that it is included.
(all five characters are unique and well-implemented, of course)
>SSE-style Story Mode
About as long but a bit less repetitive. Much less focus on OCs (although some will be necessary for the finale when all characters are united) in favor of actual areas and enemies straight out of Nintendo games (and no bias toward Sakurai-made content). Characters will actually speak and there will be much more focus on interactions. It will be thoroughly enjoyable the first time through, but like the original, may be a bit hard to play more than once.

You will receive a console and a copy on the house, of course.

Feel free to give your answer for the option that you don't choose as well
>>
A
>>
>>331656405
I love how old content is enticing to Smashfags.
>>
>>331656405
A. The roster's already bloated enough as is, and it would be interesting to see how the current cast would fair in Melee's game engine.
>>
Bumpan, I can't fucking choose but don't want the thread to die. Looks like an interesting discussion.
>>
>>331656405

>rescue sakurai from a burning car

>mr sakurai now that I saved you, can I have my character be in the next Smash?

>sakurai stares blankly

>climbs back into burning vehicle

>locks the doors this time
>>
>>331656405

implying he wouldn't fuck up Melee mode and fail to make it as good as Melee
>>
>>331656536
All the Smashfags agree that the new games are shit.

Except the Tr4shfags
>>
>>331656405

I'd ask him to develop a new Kid Icarus game instead. Smash is a boring party game.
>>
>>331656665
they are good at copying old code, it's all they need to do

prime example would be when they decided to scrap the vectoring stuff and brought back old DI instantly
>>
No thanks necessary, I'll just walk home.
>>
I'll pass. I've given up on Smash entirely.
Glad I could help you two out.
>>
>>331656405
Option C:
Remove any Fire Emblem rep you want and replace them with another Nintendo character
>>
>there are people who would choose to add one fucking veteran instead of many new characters
absolutely disgusting
>>
A so everyone shuts the FUCK up.
>>
>>331656779
this
>>
>>331656405
I'd just tell him to make an option to turn off rage.
Done. Game is saved.
>>
>>331656735
Since when does 1% of Smashfags = all the Smashfags?
>>
>>331656872
>there are people who care more about the roster size than the actual gameplay
icky
>>
>>331656405

Fucking B why is this even a debate
>>
>>331656957
sorry i can accept that a new game has new gameplay specifications unlike you
>>
>>331656405
Pick A to bring back one veteran, or pick B and you can bring back one veteran along with 4 new characters.

Fucking duh, how is this even an option.
>>
File: 1454550320077.jpg (89 KB, 598x456) Image search: [Google]
1454550320077.jpg
89 KB, 598x456
I'd probably drag his wife back into the burning car for insulting me by thinking I'd ever be interested in the mlp of video games.
>>
>>331657119
>options are bad even when i don't have to use them and they don't affect me in any way if i chose not to
>>
>>331656405
Yeah nah
How about

>C
Sakurai uses his influence and Smash Bros money to reboot any dead Nintendo or Third Party IP of your choice
>>
>>331657119
>Hurr, all change is good. I don't even know why I dislike the old thing but its OLD AND PEOPLE LIKE IT.
>>
C
Missing veterans return
Smash Run on Wii U
Difficulty adjusting removed
>>
>>331656405
I choose option C that lets me stuff him back inside the burning wreck.
>>
>>331656405
>Melee mode

Why not just play melee?
>>
>>331656405

B.

>Wonder Red
>Takamaru
>Captain Rainbow

>Lloyd Irving
>>
>>331656405
>Melee Mode
don't worry, once in a while they'll release a melee like smash when they want to replace it at major events
>>
>>331657530
Not happening, these people are all nostalgic man-children
>>
>>331656405

Anybody who doesn't choose A is an asshat.
>>
>>331657691
No. You and your kind just enjoy eating literal shit.
>>
B
-Add Banjo with Kazooie on his back, Fierce Deity Link and Conker
-Add Sly Cooper (he's just I imagined it in PS battle royale, it be great in smash)
-Add Frank West (he's covered battle zones right?)
-SSE that include those characters in story
>>
File: 1457143820877.jpg (73 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1457143820877.jpg
73 KB, 413x395
>>331657378
Because Sm4sh has over twice the roster size as Melee, with a number of different stages to play on? What part of that isn't appealing?
>>
>>331656405
I would choose A, but B allows me to both put my waifu into smash, and get an amiibo of her.
So B.
>>
>>331656405
A
>>
I'm gonna say A just because I can't think of five new characters that I'd really want in smash more than having Snake, or failing that Pichu back. That and Melee's adventure mode was the most fun SP smash has had.

I don't really care about Melee mode but I'm sure it'll make some people happy at least, as long as it's only a mode.
>>
>>331656405
B.

Give me Serra, Rooks and Matthew for Nintendo characters. For iconic, give me Neptune of the Neptunia games and for the wild card character, Garen.

There, I think I managed to piss both him and everyone else off, including having a literal who for a Nintendo character that I don't think anyone even fucking remembers at this point in time.
>>
>>331658039
Implying meleefags play with anything other then Falco and Sheik on battlefield.
>>
>>331656867
You have the option to add a bunch of characters but you'd rather remove one instead?
>>
Option C: 64 mode
>>
>>331656405
B of course
>>
>>331658039
that 99% of smash 4 stages are shit and the characters are some of least fun in the series
>>
>>331656735
melee fag please leave
>>
>>331659060
you first, tr4shbag
>>
B
Ashley
Ashley
Ashley
>>
>>331658886
>there was a time in Smash 4's development cycle where people said it best resembled 64's physics
>>
>>331658039
What part isn't appealing?

The gameplay part
>>
>>331656405
B
-Dixie, Ridley, and Daisy
-Bomberman
-Crono
-No characters speak. That's a dumb idea.

Melee isn't worth scrapping the new games for.
None of the veterans are that important.
>>
>>331656405
B
if I want Melee, I'll play Melee
>>
Can't stand that face and that stupid haircut.

Wanna punch him in the face
>>
>>331656405
B. There is already a melee mode: it's called Super Smash Bros. Melee.
>>
>>331656405
>add three Nintendo characters of your choice
I would choose tingle a custom robo and elma from xenoblade X
>one iconic or once-iconic third party
master chief from halo of course
>any character that originates from a video game
lizardman from soul calibur
>>
>>331659247
Yeah, fucking retards I swear. It's understandable why Sakurai doesn't listen to fans regarding gameplay because no one knows what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>331656735
>everybody agrees with me
>except the people who don't

(You)
>>
>>331659815
>Master Chief
>Third Party
>>
>>331659921
yes?
>>
>>331658039
>twice the size of the roster
>would only play the 5 or so top tiers
>"muh viability"
>>
A, but if I knew it was him of leave him in the car
>>
>>331656405
I would strangle him whispering "this is for tripping in Brawl"
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.