[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
no meng sky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
this game looks so gud, surely it has to be shit right?

de-hype me /v/
what will go wrong
>>
Ask yourself, what's the point? You get infinite random generated planets, you vaguely go around thinking what to do but instead of being overwhelmed, you get frustrated at how little you can do, since it's all the same.

We don't know if there will be planets with intelligent civilizations, everything is just colored animals, colored water and plants.

Online won't work or it will be non existant.

Accept it, this game will bomb.
>>
spore 2

minus the small amount of fun making shit
>>
>>331656159
>We
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgjvv19Rsbk
>>
>>331655837
>what will go wrong
you already saw everything the game has to offer. It's not even multiplayer.
>>
>>331655837
It'll have the exact same issue as Elite Dangerous, after the novelty wears off unless you have very specific interests there'll be nothing to do
>>
When you're a just starting to learn programming, you start playing around with random number generation and how far you can implement it into your software

it means you have to make much less actual content because for every new random attribute the amount of possible combinations grows exponentially

this is that concept taken to the possible maximum, and it's fucking boring
>>
>>331656313
>It's not even multiplayer.
Shitposting is pretty low effort these days. Step ur game up m8.
>>
>procedural generation with a very limited set of assets
>barely any gameplay besides just holding forward

it's shit
>>
>>331656313
But I have no friends anyway
>>
>>331655837
We have seen no gameplay.
The game is made by the developers of Joe danger. The Joe danger games are the only games that developer made.

We have yet to see the actual HUD. It has all been stock footage.

They don't feel competent enough to tell use what we actually do in the game.

So far there isn't a point to the game they have told us.
>>
>>331656427
I didn't realize that simply having planets having other peoples names on them is considered multiplayer now.

Because that is all they have shown us of the "multiplayer" features.
>>
>>331657693
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCyu_aHPrgM
>>
>>331656159
Space Engine with gameplay.
>>
>>331656427
Its not multiplayer, its shared universe but you can never actually meet another player because its not programmed into the game
>>
Randomly generated content will NEVER be as good as handcrafted.

After the novelty of "wow it's so big!" wears off, what real gameplay are you left with? Every single massive random environment game has this problem.
>>
>>331656427
do you consider reading miiverse tags in a solo game a multiplayer experience?
>>
>infinite planets
>but they're all mashed together trash made up from the 100 or so assets.
>>
>>331659716
But some of them will be different colours anon!
>>
>>331659816
A sandwich where i injected food coloring into the bread is not a new different sandwich.
>>
>>331655837
>what will go wrong
Everything.
>>
>>331655837
>this game looks so gud
no it doesn't
all i see is low res textures with some shitty color filter
>>
>>331655837
Honestly I just think it'll be boring as fuck. Seems like it'll get stale really fast and the developers will be laughing all the way to the bank.
>>
File: 1428006249693.png (782 KB, 490x1015) Image search: [Google]
1428006249693.png
782 KB, 490x1015
>De-hype me
Why can't you just have realistic expectations?

Be hyped, but be realistic. Think about how the game is being made and what positives and negatives that has, and then whether you think the concept and the presented gameplay are something you'd enjoy despite the possible issues. Not sure? Then wait for reviews and more concrete assessments of the game.

You don't need to rely on other people to tell you whether your excitement is wrong.

I think it looks great, but I certainly don't think it'll be for everyone. To me it looks like it'll have the same slow paced exploration appeal as Euro Truck Sim 2 or Grow Home and I LOVE those two.
>>
at least it will run at 60 fps... right?
>>
>>331655837
>what will go wrong
A. Nothing to actually do.
B. You'll see everything the game has to offer in a couple of hours.
It's basically the very worst aspects of Starbound and Spore combined into one.
>>
>>331660107
nobody cares tripfag
>>
Seriously does anybody even bother to try to look up info about the game? Or since the diidn't spend half their budget on marketing to shove it down's people's throats you fuckers don't know because you rely on shit being spoonfed to you?

>>331656159
>We don't know if there will be planets with intelligent civilizations,
We do, you should actually do research. There are factions you can gain the favor of, the same factiions that sean has said you can raid and intercept their trade lines.

>>331657693
>We have yet to see the actual HUD. It has all been stock footage.

every piece of footage seen of the game has been actual gameplay, they've shown the inventory and in game menu's a few times.

>So far there isn't a point to the game they have told us.

They said the goal the same day they announced the game is to get to the center of the universe, the gameplay is that in order to do so, you need a good enough hyperdriive to jump from planet to planet to get there, and in order to get one that can jump the amount of distances you need and withstand the atmospheres of planets with corrosive atmospheres and shit, you need a good enough ship, with you have to buy with money, which you need to get by sellng elements you mine, and you need good enough mining tools and suits to mine certan minerals and withstand the planet's atmosphere, so on, since as you get closer to the center of the galaxy, the planet's compositions, tepature ranges, fauna and presence of hostile AI factions increases.

So the gameplay loop is Mine/trade/raid for resources > get money/resources > use money/resources to buy better shit/upgrade your shit > use new shit to access new systems/planets/resources you couldn't before, and so on.

---------

Also

>b-but everything will look the same!

Doe space engine ever get samey for you?
>>
File: 1386482680560.jpg (98 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
1386482680560.jpg
98 KB, 640x368
>>331660430
Oh look, the NMS viral marketing team has arrived
>>
>>331656310
That looks so cool, good to see the RPG elements at play.
>>
>>331661231
>he doesn't hate the game unconditionally, he must be a shill!
>>
im hyped as fuck for this game
Multiplayer confirmed, albeit not how you might expect, you can directly interact with other players your just not likely to see them that often, though i presume the closer you get to the centre the more players there will be.

Huge variety of planet types, flora, fauna etc

huge variety of ships

upgradeable suit and weapon

flyan through space, shootin pirates, lootin frieghters doing w/e t/f you want

piss of the robots!

go for comfy explorations of billions of random planets

this game gonna be the endgame for me i think, obviously it wont appeal to everybody but this will be comfy as fuck, narcotics in some form may be mandatory.

hyped as fuck

already booked my week off work.
>>
>>331661231
Quality post thanks.

& yeah most the neg posts have been disproven already / are just wrong
>>
>>331660430
Space Engine is free and upgrade loops aren't a purpose to do things. Its just a shitty version of ED with dinosaurs

I want the NMS shills to leave
>>
File: 1449955078666.jpg (15 KB, 384x372) Image search: [Google]
1449955078666.jpg
15 KB, 384x372
>>331662569
>having big essays prepared to advertise the game
>not part of a marketing team
>>
>>331665465
I just typed that up, feel free to check the archive
>>
>>331655837
seeing a different colored goat or a tree can't keep you entertained forever. In the first few hours or days at best, you'll get bored of the content. There is no story progression or so on and multiplayer aspect is almost nonexistent.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.