[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Think we'll ever get the closure expansion we deserve?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
Think we'll ever get the closure expansion we deserve?
>>
>>331654016
not until konami pulls a 180 on their AAA gaming stance which might happen since panchiko has been making them less and less money over the years
>>
File: 1455048178273.png (175 KB, 224x420) Image search: [Google]
1455048178273.png
175 KB, 224x420
Only if it has Pachinko-tier profit margins for Konami.
>>
>>331654016
>Kojima left
>The creator of the FOX Engine joined Bandai, after the rumors of Bandai acquiring the series
It's over, OP.
>>
>>331654016
You deserve nothing you autist.
>>
>>331654309
>The creator of the FOX Engine joined Bandai
really?
>>
>>331654016
Konami said no story dlc months ago.
>>
But the game wraps up perfectly, story-wise. And it leaves you with the Phantom Pain™ just as The Creator wanted.

All you really want is a cool cutscene at the end, you cinematic gamer. Admit it.
>>
>>331654456
Nope, it was a lie:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-21-fox-engine-creator-julien-merceron-joins-bandai-namco

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/jmerceron

>Worldwide Technology Director for Konami
>Konami
>October 2013 – November 2015 (2 years 2 months)

>He joined Konami in 2013 when the FOX Engine was already finished and the first titles running on FOX were already shipped or very close to shipping

>judging from his skills he probably was hired to translate technical documentation on FOX engine for western studios like Kojima prod LA

>press calls him Fox Engine director to gain more pageviews

Superb gaming journalism as always. Gold quality standard.
>>
>>331654016
The lazy thing they can do is just make a bunch of side-ops but all they focus on is FOBs and Metal Gear Online
>>
>>331654624

>Wraps up perfectly
>Ending mission just appears out of nowhere without any context, makes you fucking crawl through what is basically a tutorial again and just gives you a different cutscene and THAT'S IT

Compare that to the awesome ending bossfight gauntlet of MGS1 or MGS3. What a pathetic, wet fart of a sad trombone.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (5 KB, 188x251) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
5 KB, 188x251
Closure to a series that never made sense to begin with
>>
File: 1439298192876.jpg (49 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1439298192876.jpg
49 KB, 616x699
>THE SKULLS ATTACK YOU! PANIC!
>To be continued in the next mission..! Now go back to Motherbase and continue whenever you want :-)

What a fucking joke. Don't even get me started on MGO.
>>
>>331655225
No anon, it was a genius move to write a completely shit story, top it off with a repeat of the opening tutorial, and then pretend the feeling of absolute disappointment was intentional from the beginning.
>>
>>331655225
That is because V is a direct sequel to PW. And PW was very different from the mainline MGS series. Instead of showing everything in the end PW hides the real ending behind lots of seemingly optional gameplay content long after the game's story was technically "finished" in the eyes of a gamer. V uses the same design philosophy. The Creator himself has stated on many occasions that V will be very different from other MGS titles.

The Chapter 2 would felt a lot better if they didn't showed that stupid trailer that spoiled everything at the end of credits.
Just like in PW Chapter 2 was supposed to trick the player to think that the main story is finished and Chapter 2 is just an end-game package of additional side-ops and harder versions of old missions to replay. I'm sure it was the idea but then someone in Konami said: the players are stupid, if you don't show them a trailer they will just shut the game down and miss out all the content!
And they added the stupid trailer, The Creator had no say in it, because V is much more high profile release than PW = less freedom.
>>
File: 1449007288366.png (92 KB, 295x229) Image search: [Google]
1449007288366.png
92 KB, 295x229
>>331655397

>Kaz and Ocelot get introduced
>Their new designs are fucking awesome
>Yet all game the only thing they do is fucking talk. Ocelot fires ONE round in the entire game hitting the roof and not ricocheting anywhere even though he's THE goddamn gunslinger with new awesome Matebas and whatnot. Even Kaz has a gun but we don't even see what it is.
>You can't find them on Motherbase, nor see Ocelot in action anywhere. There really isn't anything to do in Motherbase at all. You can't even enter your own fucking facility.
>You only see Snake in action except he's not Snake and also doesn't fucking talk at all.

Jesus Christ Kojima
>>
File: 1457569142905.jpg (56 KB, 358x429) Image search: [Google]
1457569142905.jpg
56 KB, 358x429
>>331654016
>we deserve

you don't deserve anything in the first place anon
>>
>>331655605
>The game was disappointment because there are no COOL cutscenes like in MGS3
>video game
>>
>>331656127
>Just like in PW Chapter 2 was supposed to trick the player to think that the main story is finished and Chapter 2 is just an end-game package of additional side-ops and harder versions of old missions to replay.
PW had five chapters (plus the prologue) with 30 or so missions. The main story ends with Chapter 4, not 2.
>>
>>331656250

>Follow and play the series through my entire life
>Pay for the games with my own, hard earned money
>I don't deserve anything

Blow it out your ass.
>>
>>331656334
That doesn't change anything. PW could have had two chapters with the same amount of missions. It's like saying: "This book has a different table of contents structure so it's different".
>>
File: 1455259080146s.jpg (3 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
1455259080146s.jpg
3 KB, 104x125
>>331656346

>Follow and play the series through my entire life
>Pay for the games with my own, hard earned money
>I don't deserve anything

Nobody is going to reward you for that anon, konami its not your mom
>>
>>331656526
Yeah, the chapter structure in MGSV doesn't make much sense, but it's obvious Eli hijacking Sahelanthropus was a throwback to Paz stealing Zeke in PW. Wasn't Ground Zeroes originally planned as a downloadable epilogue to PW?
>>
>>331656346
But this series existed because The Creator was free to do what he wanted.

Now YOU want the series to be what YOU think it is supposed to be.

The assholes like YOU are reason why PW and V is so drastically different to MGS 1-4.

The assholes like YOU also the reason why Kojima left Konami.
>>
>>331656784
>Wasn't Ground Zeroes originally planned as a downloadable epilogue to PW?

Was something like this ever mentioned by Kojima or Konami staff? I never heard of it.
>>
>>331656784
>but it's obvious Eli hijacking Sahelanthropus was a throwback to Paz stealing Zeke in PW.
Or a throwback to Ocelot stealing the REX test data
or Ocelot stealing RAY and the list of patriots
or EVA stealing philosophers legacy...
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.