[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"This remake is pretty terrible - but it could be worse,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: ff1 ff2.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ff1 ff2.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>"This remake is pretty terrible - but it could be worse, I could be playing the original NES versions. Those have to be a million times worse."
>mfw I find out that the GBA games are almost exact 1:1 remakes of the NES games except for a tiny few modernizations like being able to save anywhere

So does Square actually legitimately think that these games are perfect and that none of the systems/stories needed to be updated? Here's an example of the games bad design:

>Earth Cave with the vampire boss fight
>Have to go through 3 stages of bullshit maze caves and horrible random battles
>Once the vampire is defeated(and I don't mean the Lich guy), you get a ruby and have to leave, which means means going through the same thing 3 times
>Then once you give a ruby to a giant and talk to an old man, you have to go BACK to the vampire caves and go down the same 3 levels just so you can then go into even MORE maze caves

Obnoxious backtracking like this is unforgivable.
>>
FF1 is legitimately my favorite one.
>>
>>331652849
I played the shit out of dawn of souls

my only gripe was a small one, that random battles would happen too frequently, like 3 steps and you go into another battle.

monk-monk-monk-monk master race
>>
>>331652849
>So does Square actually legitimately think that these games are perfect and that none of the systems/stories needed to be updated? Here's an example of the games bad design:

Probably not but a product like that is designed to sell off nostalgia (either your own, or a sense of 'so that's how it was'). If they changed anything there'd be a huge backlash about how it's dumbed down casualized shit.

There are also literally 0 RPGs that don't make you backtrack at some point, this game just does it more than most. If nothing else it shows how much more powerful you become on each trip, though that's a weak defense.
>>
>>331652849
It's definitely an improvement on the NES version. Random battles suck since they happen every 3-5 steps, well at least it feels like it.

Backtracking is pretty much a staple of early games like this. Better get used to it.
>>
>>331652849
Going from Golden Sun (babby's very first jrpg) to this was a bit weird.

But now I think solving puzzles between random battles is more enjoyable than going through a maze with LOTS of random battles. Sometimes it was frustrating but I persevered to the end.
>>
>>331652849
It's no surprise that FF1 and especially 2 are pretty awful

At least 1 is playable
>>
>>331652849
You made this exact same thread days ago.
Why repost it?
>>
>>331653770
I remember seeing it before but like a few weeks or a month ago
>>
>>331653770
He's been doing this for months. This guy is autistic as fuck.
>>
Every JRPG needs to be Lufia 2, basically. Also why no rerelease/remaster/eShop release? Who's sitting on Natsumes IPs now? The last Lufia related game was that weird "retelling" of 2 on the DS that was a hack and slash.
>>
FF: Dawn Of Souls is the GBA version, but I remember it being the weakest of the remakes. The PS1 version is called Origins, and there was also a recent remake on Android.
>>
Why do people consider it terrible? The 1 remake is one of my favorite RPGs.
>>
>>331652953
I'm with you, FF1 is the best.
>>
>>331652849
You're still posting this shit? You are truly autistic.
>>
FUCK THIS BAIT

POST YOUR FF1 TEAM
>>
>>331652953
There's something just pure and simple about it that makes it so great.

Also because it's all fairly straight forward that plot twist comes out of nowhere and is fucking great!

I also really enjoy 2.
>>
stale b8 desu m8
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.