[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Max Payne 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1132403453.jpg (45 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1132403453.jpg
45 KB, 500x281
Can we talk about this game?
>>
>>331646414
Okay. There i bumped your thread, you can thank me later.
>>
File: 400px-Max_payne92FS.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
400px-Max_payne92FS.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
MP3 was trash, and should not at all be a Max Payne game. It's completely out of character, and when I talk about Max Payne I don't ever like to think about the third game, or the movie.
>>
>>331646414
It was cool. My only gripe was the linearity and lack of replay value outside of MP. Which is the same gripes I had with MP1 and MP2. MP2 at least had the Challenge mode, though.

Oh, and the the presentation. I didn't like the presentation. The blatant Tony Scott rip-off was bad and immediately ejected me from the story and destroyed any chance I had at taking it seriously. Should've just stuck with traditional noir elements. Shooting was fun, however. Shooting was fun.
>>
>>331647973
It's the best Max Payne game though.
>>
>>331646414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMx1ILebEE
>>
>>331646414

It's the best TPS ever made hands down gameplay wise. The only issue is the setting which is bland and boring as fuck, also I really missed the interactive environments, looking in lockers, fucking with sinks and all that shit, instead we got collectable clues and golden guns which always pisses me off, collectibles suck. They should have just keep the game in New York and Jersey and have Max take down the mob, the mexican dude was also shit, basically all characters were shit except Max.
>>
>>331648796
He's talking about the superficial stuff.

Max Payne 1 had a great story, and 2's was okay I guess. 3's story IS trash, but I don't think a lot of people can deny that it's one of the most well-done TPS games ever. It feels so good and satisfying.

Yeah, the story is shit, but it's still a good game.
>>
max payne 3 is a 9/10 game, only thing that is blocking it from becoming a true 10/10 are the unskippable cutscenes
>>
>>331649416
Not on pc.
The cutscenes Hide the loading screens on consoles
>>
Its a half decent Third Person shooter but a fucking terrible Max Payne.

While Euphoria lead to some great looking shootouts its slowed everything down to such a degree thats its easier to just run around in normal speed shooting people in the head. At least then I don't have to wait for Max to slowly slide down a wall and then slowly and perfectly animatedly get back up again.

Shit story forcing its way in where it did not belong, giving Max a drinking problem for no fucking reason other than to make it even more obvious that Rockstar had seen the movie Man on Fire and thought they could do better themselves. Swapping to your pistol because you need to watch this door opening animation and theres no fucking way we can do it for every weapon you might have.

A really nice shootout at the end with cracking music that almost made up for the preceding 6 hours of tedium.
>>
>>331649629

Bullshit. Even with an SSD it takes a shit ton of time before you can skip the cutscene.
>>
Its like Rockstar completely mis-understood why people loved the Max Payne games but still managed to make a half decent shooter out the other end.
>>
>>331649708

Max having a drinking problem was the only good part of the story, it only makes sense for him to be an alcoholic.
>>
>>331649979

Not at all they took the fact that Rememdy made the med-kits in the first game bottles of painkillers and completely blew everything way out of proportion. Just because you have an addiction to painkillers does not make you anymore susceptible to being an alcoholic.

They just wanted shots of him holding a half full whiskey glass and that fucking terrible filter it shat out sometimes.
>>
I'm still waiting for the PS4 version Rockstar announced a year or two ago...
>>
>>331649629

You can't skip certain cutscenes on PC.

It's even more baffling considering the game has REALLY OBVIOUSLY LOADED THE FUCKING GAMEWORLD yet it won't let me skip them no matter what, or even more infuriating, it lets me skip them just as they're about to finish.

It's a great game to replay every two-three years though.
>>
It's a nice and satisfying TPS, that's all
>>
I feel bad for Max Payne fans who don't like MP3 because it's not a good story addition especially for a triumphant series ending

Because it's legit one of the if not the best TPS I've ever played.
>>
>>331646414
Friendly reminder: Noire isn't a brightness setting, you can have it without snowy New York night. MP3 is how Max lives his even shittier part of his lifespan and you cant do anything about it. Best gunplay in a game, ever, GOAT OST
>>
Let's just get it out of the way right now and post the legendary part of the game everyone brings up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M_-NCQlzhA

Still great. I know I'll fuck up the wording on this, but the throbbing music here worked perfectly for Max, if you get me.
>Implied to have Nordic berserker ancestry
>Dull, throbbing, monotonous beat
>Max pretty blatantly wants to die but no matter how long he goes on these suicidal rampages he always ends up the last man standing
>Scene ends up feeling like this is almost mundane for Max with his deliveries as this utter mayhem is going on

I'm probably reading too much into it, but I really, really like this scene.
>>
It's a great game, OP. I didn't really mind it was Max Payne in name only.

What I did mind was the long unskippable cutscenes. They made replaying the game a chore. Also, weapon sounds could have been better and way too many enemies wore body armor, but that's just nitpicking.
>>
>>331652660
>Way too enemies wore body armor

I liked this, it encouraged precision and weapons felt like a dream in this game so it wasn't hard to score headshots, anyway.
>>
>>331646414
there's no mp3
>>
>>331651502
The gameplay is actually better than the other 2.

I am replaying the whole series, started from 3, and oh boy, 2 feels so fuckin clunky in comparison.

That's what nostalgia does to you.
>>
Sure let me

*CUTSCENE*

first fin-

*CUTSCENE*

ish this sente-

*CUTSCENE*

ntence.
>>
>>331646414

Man on Fire: The Video Game: Based Off of the Remake was bretty gud.
>>
>>331651890
Why does he look exactly like Michael Townly?
>>
>>331646414
1 > 3 > 2
>>
>>331653402
Better question: Why does Michael Townly look exactly like him? MP3 precedes GTAV by a couple of years.
>>
>>331646414
Even with all its flaws (mostly the cutscenes and some of the writing) Max Payne 3 was still a great game. It's a shame the multiplayer never caught on. It was actually a lot of fun with friends.
>>
>Le Max Payne 3 is not a Max Payne game
>i dont get Noir when there are no skyscrapers
>>
>>331653402

He looks similar in build only, MP3 is the first time they actually use James McCaffreys face.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.