[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udk U101fFOk If Nintendo re
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (69 KB, 836x396) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
69 KB, 836x396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udkU101fFOk

If Nintendo revealed this to be the handheld NX, would you buy it?
>>
>>331638172

But that's just a Vita
>>
>>331638172
Well I do enjoy wasting battery life on screen permanently hidden by my thumbs.
>>
Whst is the point of a screen like that. I mean the trigger scroll buttons i can get behind but that screen.
>>
>>331638478
>>331638542
I think the screen would be cool if the bits partially hidden by your hands were just an extended field of view.
>>
So cool

Would buy in an instant
>>
As long as it has physical buttons I'm okay.
>>
youre telling me that if I flip my vita it's the NX?
>>
File: Gameplay_(Skyward_Sword).png (2 MB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
Gameplay_(Skyward_Sword).png
2 MB, 1600x899
>>331638542
Reminders for contextual based controls

Nintendo is big into butting control reminders on screen, to the point that they take up a stupidly large portion of it.
If you treat the center of the screen like a normal one, then the screen around the buttons is just extra and can be used for shit like that.
>>
I really want NX to literally just be a Vita. Like they just repackaged Vitas and shipped them off as "N-Vita"
>>
Nice production costs.
Nice battery life.
Nice waste of space.
Nice assumption that it's a handheld.
Nice expectations that Nintendo can design something nearly as well made.
Nice Vita.
>>
I'd only get it if devs got the right idea and had their own custom shit added in, like a colorful border wrapped around the buttons during gameplay, or in rpgs having all the stats to the far right
>>
>>331639413
>Nice assumption that it's a handheld.

It being a hybrid home and portable system actually makes sense from a business perspective.

The primary selling point of Nintendo hardware is Nintendo software
Both their current pieces of hardware are lacking in their titles, the Wii U more so than the 3DS, but it's an issues with both.
If they had one unified platform, they could get all their dev teams working on projects for it and it's library would be that much better as a result.
>>
>>331639413
>Nice production costs.
this is the biggest one. making a screen that has holes for buttons and is the specific shape of the controller is going to be expensive and might double the price of the console. And if it breaks, you're shit out of luck, have fun paying 200 bucks for a new one. The wiiu controller was nice because it had off console play, but even that shit was expensive as hell with a standard, non touch, low res screen.
>>
>>331638172
Why is it that every single time some nintendo fans try to imagine the designs for Nintendo's next system it ends up looking like some playsation system? Is it some subconscious sign of them wishing they were sony fans who have it good?
>>
>>331638172
Not too bad. Maybe, depending on the price.
>>
>>331640992
It's just the shape ffs
instad of making a new shape from scratch he used the PSV as a base.
>>
Please stop Nintendo PLEASE. STOP.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.