[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy Majora's Mask 3D or Link Between Worlds? MM3D
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: majora's mask 3d.jpg (14 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
majora's mask 3d.jpg
14 KB, 240x240
Should I buy Majora's Mask 3D or Link Between Worlds?

MM3D pros:
+runs at 30fps unlike original's 17fps
+many little improvements to improve gameplay (after playing WWHD I can't imagine ever going back to WW)
+portability is always great
+kickass boxart
---I can always emulate the original

ALBW pros:
+a new game unlike MM3D
+apparently good ol' exploration and adventure is back in full force
+a little cheaper on amazon
>>
>>331636669
Hack your 3DS, buy neither, pirate both.
>>
>>331636669
I'd say MM3D, because ALBW is too polarizing. Either you love it or hate it. MM is generally liked.
>>
>>331636709
I'd love to but I have launch 3DS with the super rare GBA games and a bunch of other eShop titles collected over the years. If that wasn't the case I'd risk bricking it.
>>
>>331636803
If it helps I really, really liked Link's Awakening because of exploration, but I've never beaten A Link to the Past
>>
>>331636669
I think that they're both worth owning, but if you could only buy one, get ALBW since, as you mentioned, you could always just emulate MM.
>>
>>331636864
If you've never beaten ALttP, get ALBW

It's a fantastic game.
>>
>>331636864
>I've never beaten A Link to the Past

I think you'll probably enjoy it more that way since you don't know 90% of the overworld beforehand.
>>
>>331636669
It should be an easy decision if you generally prefer bird's-eye view over 3D or the other way around.

Personally, I think that MM is one of the worst Zelda games, so I'd recommend ALBW in either case.
>>
>>331636994
>Personally, I think that MM is one of the worst Zelda games,

Why?
>>
>>331636669
>he fell for the HD meme
Shitposting aside, what's different about WWHD in terms of gameplay?
>>
>>331636864
ALBW is essentially an easier rehash of ALttP. It pays a lot of respects to the old 2D Zeldas but mixes in some fresh ideas as well. I recommend it.
>>
>>331637021
Parts of it are easier.
>>
>>331637089
Such as?
>>
>>331637021
The quick sail and the improved triforce quests make the HD version the best version. Not that the OG is bad at all.
>>
>>331637123
The triforce hunt is more streamlined.
>>
File: mmmmmmmmkay.png (188 KB, 492x440) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmmmmkay.png
188 KB, 492x440
Here's the spreadsheet for which one to get

Prefer Link to the Past over other Zeldas?
Played MM already?
Like exploration over story?
Get LBW.

Never played MM?
Prefer a great story?
Played MM, and it's your favorite Zelda?
Get MM.
>>
Majora's is one of those I absolutely love on the first run. But when I replay it it loses a lot of appeal. Wish I could forget everything about that game and play it for the first time again.

Get ALBW
>>
>>331636669
Link Between Worlds.
>>
>>331637021
Practically every little annoying thing about Wind Waker is fixed.

>grappling hook animation is much faster
>you can now change direction when swinging from a rope or grappling hook without stopping
>playing a song on the Wind Waker doesn't play the same song back with the "You played the Song of...." after the first time you do it, saves a lot of time changing wind direction or using the Command Melody in the last two dungeons
>you don't fall out of your boat whenever you get hit
>your boat cruises faster
>the Triforce Hunt was streamlined; now you find five pieces where you originally found charts meaning you don't have to grind for rupees and take them back to Tingle
>Swift Sail is an optional item that makes you go significantly faster and makes the wind automatically change direction
>the Wind Waker has its own item slot meaning it doesn't take up your three slots; while sailing the grappling hook and bombs have their own slot too again meaning that you don't have to equip them
>even then, the Wii U gamepad has all items on it meaning that swapping them in and out is the smoothest it's ever been since you don't have to pause the game and open the menu

I'm probably missing some but after all these I can't bear the thought of playing the Gamecube version again
>>
>>331637247
That's not a spreadsheet! That's not a spreadsheet at all!
>>
>>331636669
>+many little improvements to improve gameplay

No, it's still the same game
There are many little changes but it just makes you wonder why they even bothered with it.
Zora swimming has been butchered though

Get ALBW
>>
File: 1456922179367.jpg (69 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1456922179367.jpg
69 KB, 250x251
>>331636669
>buy
>>
>>331636808
Spend 60 dollars to get a refurbished 2DS and hack it to get it and the other 48 games that are worth a fuck on 3ds for free.

Literally 600+ Dollar value for 60 bucks.
>>
>>331636803
>MM is generally liked.
2nd worst 3D Zelda
>>
>>331637123
The spring water quest is a cake walk, because the game lets you sail twice as fast AND the time limit was increased. You don't have to change the wind direction to sail, and enemies can't knock you out of the boat. The Triforce Quest padding has been cut down. Enemies get shorter i-frames after you hit them, so combat is easier because you can spam attacks. In general, the UI is less clunky thanks to the Gamepad.
>>
>>331637534
says who?
you?
>>
>>331637279
On a side note, since I made this post, what are such gameplay improvements in TP HD and MM3D? Like I heard you climb vines faster and have to collect fewer bugs of light
>>
Majora's Mask sucks ass.

Currently playing ALBW, other than the awful rental system, it's pretty good. But this shitty rental system just robs the game of any feeling of progression or discovery. Pretty much every chest is rupees. So that optional puzzle room is wow 100 rupees, big deal.
>>
>>331636669
ALBW is soon? on the Nintendo Selects line.

Maybe you can buy the two
>>
>>331637685
Yes anon, that's how posts work. Welcome to message boards.
>>
>>331638052
and who are you?
im gona tell who are you, a faggot who thinks someone care about his opinions

like evryone in this place
>>
>>331637912
yes, but the rupees are more valuable than in any other game BECAUSE of the system.
>>
A lot of hate for MM in this thread with nothing said to support such statements.

The only reason I've ever heard given for MM being bad is the time limit. To that I can only say "Deal with it nerds".

MM great game but just emulate it. Buy something new.
>>
>>331636669
MM3D pros

None. The original is superior. Get ALBW
>>
>>331638293
>the original is superior

I love this meme.

No.
>>
>>331638201
That's how message boards work.
>>
>>331638281
>Majoras mask bad meme opinions
>muh atmosphere
>muh raimbowl stairs

>Majoras mask bad objective opinion
>the new swiming sistem is really bad
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.