[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For anyone who was in that FFVI thread last night, thanks for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: FF Anthology.jpg (111 KB, 1136x848) Image search: [Google]
FF Anthology.jpg
111 KB, 1136x848
For anyone who was in that FFVI thread last night, thanks for discussing the game. OP here is gonna boot it up and work on that character fetch quest.
>>
>>331623074
Oh fuck, no wonder you're having a nightmare of a time with the game, the shittastic PS1 port has load times that weren't in the original game that makes it drag and take over twice as long to play compared to the original game because you are CONSTANTLY getting stopped for several seconds at a time.

I mean, I still don't think VI is a good game, but jesus, the PS1 port is the worst way to play the game.
>>
>>331623472
I bought this version of the game because I had a PS2 to play on, but then I realized I could play on PS3 instead. I have a DS, so I could have gotten the remaster for it, but I didn't even know it had a GBA version. At the time, I didn't even know it was originally on the SNES.

I've played games with far worse load times than this one, so they don't even bother me.
>>
>>331623594
Don't play the version of FFV that comes with this. The translation is absolute shit bordering on Engrish half of the time and ruins the tone of the game. Play the GBA version or the fantranslation but holy shit avoid that at all costs.
>>
>>331623714
Seriously? I can probably get an emulator with great ease, and I'm sure my toaster can run it, but I'm kind of mad that I basically bought the anthology for nothing when I could have gotten better copies of each game.
>>
File: y burn.png (20 KB, 480x446) Image search: [Google]
y burn.png
20 KB, 480x446
>>331623987
>>
>>331623472
let me guess, you liked 13, 8, and 3? Seriously, like how could you say VI is not a good game? I don't give a shit if its a "meme" game, I like it.
>>
>>331624237
>like how could you say VI is not a good game
How could I not when it went out of its way to kill everything I liked about FF and the series carried on with that same attitude until XI, which was shit for entirely different reasons?
>>
>>331624354
>killed everything i liked

Citation needed
>>
>>331624104
Shit, that's bad. Fucking Y Burn? Y BURN? Good god that translation is garbage... Ugh, I didn't really feel like emulating the game, but I guess I might now. Nobody really mentioned that yesterday either. Everybody just raved about how good V was in general.
>>
>>331624542
Do you see any difficult mainline FFs anymore or FFs without melodramatic stories that are front and center?
>>
Why not just play Final Fantasy VI Advance?
>>
>>331625434
I didn't know the GBA version existed when I first bought this 4 years ago. I thought it was for the PS1. I know, stupid me didn't do enough research, but that's what happens when you're already so sure of something in your mind.
I'm getting pretty close to the end of the game now, so it's a little late to start over.
>>
>>331625434
Because it's worse than the SNES game?
>>
>>331626148
Is it now? I've also been told to play FFV on the GBA? Is that not worth it either? A lot of people had very few bad words for the original V in last night's thread.
>>
>>331623074
What games does it have? I always wondered.
>>
>>331626148
Is it? I've heard that the PS1 version isn't good because of the loading times but I've never heard bad things about the GBA version of FFVI.
>>
>>331626246
The FFV GBA port is excellent. The FFVI port? Not so much. FFV's graphics and sound are less advanced than VI's and survive the transition to the GBA very well, on top of the GBA translation being far and away the best. VI has visuals and sound that take advantage of the SNES' capabilities far better than V did and the GBA's hardware can't cope with it even close to as well, and on top of that the original translation of VI wasn't garbage.
>>
>>331626291
It only has V and VI. Cost me like 20 bucks, but people are telling me I should have just gotten the GBA versions of each which I didn't know existed until after I'd already kicked out cash for the Anthology.

>>331626430
Well, it sounds like I should grab an emulator and download V for my toaster PC if it's that much better. I'd rather get as much enjoyment out of this as possible since I've had a relatively meh time with VI as it is.
>>
>>331626291
5, 6 and ost cd. also has cgi cutscenes.
>>
>>331627129
I actually didn't get an OST with mine. Only the two games.
>>
>>331627241
ah, i guess it was only included with the original release.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.