[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about the Mario Advance games? Outdated with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
What does /v/ think about the Mario Advance games? Outdated with portable emulators or the best versions of the games?
>>
>>331591312
Super Mario Advance is actually my favorite version of SMB2, the Ace Coins and Yoshi Eggs add a lot to it.
>>
>>331591565
Same, but fuck the soundtrack to hell. I know the GBA has worse sound capabilities than the SNES, but god damn, they butchered the conversion.
>>
JUST WHAT I NEEDED
>>
>>331591312
The SB3 GBA port is superior because it doesn't have that annoying screen tearing like in the original.
>>
>>331591312
This was one of the maybe six games I had for my Gameboy advance

never got past world 3
>>
>>331592292
>screen tearing
>NES game
Speaking as someone fairly familiar with how the NES works at a technical level, I'd say you're using an emulator that's causing the tearing and you think that's how the game actually plays.
>>
I've spent a lot of time casually speedrunning the SMB2 port.
The SMA version of Mario Bros is fun as fuck and has excellent music. I only got to play the multiplayer once due to the requirements but it was a lot of fun.

https://youtu.be/D4REE0sltjY

THIS IS AS FAR AS YOU GO
>>
File: 0[1].jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0[1].jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>331592549
Pretty sure he's talking about the sides of the screen, which are normally cropped out by overscan so he's using a shitty emulator and/or doesn't know how to change the settings.

Also the All-Stars version is much better than the GBA version since the GBA version is just the All-Stars version but with shit audio and a few extra blocks placed around. NES has the best credits sequence though, especially if you have the earlier release that has the original names.
>>
The sound chip of the GBA is very shitty, i dont recommend the GBA versions of Mario.
>>
File: escwij[1].png (54 KB, 514x706) Image search: [Google]
escwij[1].png
54 KB, 514x706
>>331593230
I just want to point out that I just looked up the version differences and the All-Stars version actually goes back to the original names. You still miss out on the unique ending sprites though.
>>
>>331593964
>The Sky

why did they remove the koopa who was praying to his tanooki idol?
>>
>>331591312
They should have manually arranged the songs instead of converting them to the horrible GBA soundchip. Golden Sun 1 & 2 and Drill Dozer managed to scrape something out of that soundchip. They should have tried harder.
>>
>>331594498
Because the sprite was too unique.
>>
>>331591312
They suck. The music is trash and the extremely poor quality vocal samples are extremely annoying.

Also the visuals are too bright
>>
>>331592292

B T F O

T

F

O

>>331592549
>>
>>331591312
Super Mario Advance 4 is a massively expanded version of Super Mario Bros. 3 and I'm surprised there have been no hacks for the SNES version which tries to implement some of the new levels from the GBA game.
>>
The only thing I don't like about these are the added annoying voices, same as A link to the past, but it was much worse in that one.
>>
>>331595824
Does it retain the original's phisics?
>>
File: SMB2_boss_Birdo.gif (6 KB, 69x145) Image search: [Google]
SMB2_boss_Birdo.gif
6 KB, 69x145
>This is as far as you go~!
>>
>>331594498
Just fuck my shit up fom
>>
>>331595960
>I'll remember this!
>>
>>331595960
I'LL REMEMBER THIS!
>>
File: SMB2_boss_Wart[1].gif (14 KB, 161x189) Image search: [Google]
SMB2_boss_Wart[1].gif
14 KB, 161x189
>>331595960
>I AM THE GREAT WART HAHAHA.
>>
File: 200px-Mouser[1].jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200px-Mouser[1].jpg
8 KB, 200x200
HERE, HAVE SOME BOMBS!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.