[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got a PS4 but i'm not really going to play it until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
I just got a PS4 but i'm not really going to play it until after exams in may.

I'm mostly a nintendofag so I have no idea about sony franchises, so i don't really wanna start a game like Uncharted 4 at the 4th entry in the series or MGS5

I was wondering what adventure/single-player games you would recommend that would be out by May, something truly next gen and something that I don't need to know bout previous entries int he series for.
>>
>>331552963
Bloodborne

That's it
>>
>>331553039

DS3 will be out by then no?

i've never played a souls game but BB looks really dark, DS3 looks like it could have more colour to it.
>>
>>331553283
>so i don't really wanna start a game like Uncharted 4 at the 4th entry in the series or MGS5
Make up your fucking mind
>>
Alien isolation
P5
Later this year FFXV
Uncharted collection is good if you can cop it on sale
Tales of zestiria
Axiom verge
Resogun
Lbp3
Bastion
DaS 2 SOTFS
BB

Not all "truly next gen" but it is what I've been enjoying lately
>>
blops 3 and bloodborne
>>
>>331553617
Souls doesn't count, i would wager most people don't know what the hell is going on anyways
>>
File: julemand.png (131 KB, 215x269) Image search: [Google]
julemand.png
131 KB, 215x269
If you're not going to use it until after may why the fuck didn't you just wait until the PS4K comes out anyway?
>>
Get the Nathan Drake collection for cheap (like 20$)

1 and 3 are decent games, 2 is a great game. Get ready for 4 which most definitely is going to be the best Ps4 game. Also play The Last of Us.

And Blooborne of course.
>>
>>331553617

Do the sUols games atullyt have continuity?
>>
Some of the best PS4 games imo
>N++
>GTAV
>Geometry Wars 3
>Rainbow Six Siege
>Resogun
>The Evil Within
>Bloodborne
>Until Dawn
>Bastion
>Divinity Original Sin EE
>Tearaway Unfolded

Really can't go wrong with any of them.
>>
>>331552963
You do know they remastered the first three Uncharted games for PS4 right? Just get the Nathan Drake Collection and 4, problem solved. People on here pretend like they're movie games but really they're just cinematic action/adventure games with plenty of actual gameplay.
>>
>>331554381
And for upcoming games

>Dark Souls 3
>Ni-Oh
>Uncharted 4
>Ratchet and Clank Redux
>Mafia III
>Persona 5
>Gravity Rush 2
>Horizon
>Yakuza
>Hellblade
>Doom
>Nier Automata
>Dreams
>The Last Guardian
>No Man's Sky
>>
>>331553801
this list makes me want to barf
>>
Is Destiny TTK Legendary Edition any good?
>>
>>331554932
>Destiny
>Division
Idk why someone would buy a console to play shitty skinner box MMO-lites
>>
>>331554438
shit-tier gameplay
but gameplay
>>
>>331555341
I'm sorry it's not a turn based jrpg clone with sprite graphics. Otherwise I find the gameplay somewhat unique. It's the only third person shooter as far as I know that allows you to shoot and throw nades while hanging off of something. The frequent rope swinging in 4 looks cool too.
>>
>>331552963
Bloodborne is great.
>>
>>331554381
oh dear.

what a waste.
>>
File: Harlequin.png (106 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
Harlequin.png
106 KB, 212x278
>>331552963
You need to tell us if you have a pc or not, so fucking retards like this>>331553039 don't bother posting.

I'm going to assume no since you bought a multiplat machine in the first place, so with that said, go to metacritic, pull up ps4 game section, click on the link for each letter (games are categorized alphabetically) and take note of every game that has a green ranking, (75 and up). Then make a list of the games that interest you and buy them dirt cheap from ebay.

Enjoy.
>>
File: SO5.webm (3 MB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
SO5.webm
3 MB, 960x640
>>331552963
You don't need to play previous Uncharteds or MGS's to enjoy the latest entries. Both are self explanatory and self contained. Of course you'll miss some references but you get what's going on for the most part and enjoy the experience.

Anyhow, Here's a list of 2016 releases (only up to June, so useful short term info) that I have played or will buy;

January
>Rebel Galaxy (if you don't own a PS2, under$10)
>Dark Cloud 2 (another PS2 game, under $10)
>The Witness (puzzle)

February
>Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (mix between Pokemon and a thriller/Detective story)
>Gravity Rush Remastered (Action/adventure)
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 (Just get this one, no questions asked. Obligatory)

March
>The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition (mix Diablo and Disgaea)
>Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (Mix AdvanceWars and tower defence games)
>Salt and Sanctuary (DarkSouls-like 2D platformer/RPG/adventure game)

April
>Dark Souls 3
>Ratchet & Clank (3D mario-like with guns)
>Alienation (fun Isometric co-op twin shooter)
>Gundam Breakers 3 (best gundam game in a long while, with insane costumization)

May
>Overwatch (if your PC somehow can't run it)
>Uncharted 4
>Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (Also on PC, mix of FireEmblem with a lot of other genres)
>Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (buy this if you intend on killing yourself)
>Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
>Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (remake, not remaster. If you like Muramasa you'll love this)
>Grand Kingdom
>No Man’s Sky

Since you're a Nin fan I'm sure you'll like Ratched&Clank, so get that I guess.

>>331553283
Both will be dark regardless. Bloodborne has proven to be really good already, DaS3 is still a potential risk but I guess my May you will know if it's any good.

Forgot to mention, if you are a fan of FireEmblem get Disgaea5 too.
>>
Bloodborne, Gravity rush(assuming you haven't played it on Vita), Killzone 3(story is meaningless so don't worry about it), Infamous: second son(it would be nice if you played first two games before it, but SS is rather disconnected from them anyway). Of upcoming: Gravity rush 2 and Ni-Oh will probably be good, also Nier: Automata, but I'm not sure how much it will be connected to first Nier.
>>
File: EDF4.1 6.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 6.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>331556920
Fucked up.

Anything from Atlier Sophie and below are June releases. and I repeated ratched twice for some reason

I also didn't mention any 2013, 2014 or 2015 games so look at other posts for that
>>
>>331557130
Killzone 3 is on PS3, you're referring to Killzone: Shadow Fall.
>>
OP grab Earth Defense Force 4.1 really fun co-op grindy shooter.
I mean, yoh have friends, right?
Also, Odin Sphere is getting a remake released in a few months.
>>
>>331557290
Right, my bad.
>>
File: Is811iA.png (216 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
Is811iA.png
216 KB, 600x640
>>331556920
>>Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (buy this if you intend on killing yourself)
DELETE THIS
>>
File: not a panic button guise.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
not a panic button guise.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>331554932
If you must chose between Destiny TTK and Division, Destiny is 10x better.

Division has no meaningful PvP whatsoever and doesn't have any actual dungeons or raids. It's more of a Diablo3 clone in 3rd person. And if you want to play Diablo3, might as well buy that game with the Xpac for cheaper instead and have more fun.

That being said, only play if you have friends to play it with. The games by themselves aren't that great.

>>331557558
No. End your life, weeb.
>>
Hijacking this thread to ask: did Witch and the 100 Knight remaster fix the unplayable bugs?
>>
File: WitchTheBitch.jpg (800 KB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
WitchTheBitch.jpg
800 KB, 2880x1620
>>331558125
Most people say yes, some austist and NIS haters say no.

I have played through it and never once found any bug whatesoever. Ran smoothly and never crashed
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.