[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WoW gets popular >Every MMO for the next decade has to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: buying gf.jpg (7 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
buying gf.jpg
7 KB, 310x163
>WoW gets popular
>Every MMO for the next decade has to be an exact clone
>Runescape is not only popular but paves the way for most other MMOs for an entire generation
>It is still the only game of its type

Why?
>>
>>331542192
It's hard to clone a game like runescape, because though the fan base was not as big as wow they were just as dedicated, no one left wow to go play a clone of it, just like no one would leave runescape to play a clone of it.
>>
There have been some runescape clones but they're obviously not as good and don't have the nostalgia factor so people won't play them.

Also, Wurm
>>
>>331542192
cause it was the only good game but they fucking ruined it
>>
>>331542192
they all flopped tho'. The only succesful MMOs similar to WoW are FF and GW. People want to return to that same world with its lore and atmosphere, they don't want a generic game with all the same features. That's why most player stick with the same game even if it's now shit or old as fuck instead of a marginally better clone.
>>
Any other MMOs that are click focused instead of keyboard focused? Click to move is ingrained into me
>>
>>331543875
>>331544473
Obviously making WoW clones is a retarded idea but it still happens. So why doesn't it happen with Runescape? Good idea or not, it's the same thing as the WoW clones, and those are so rampant they ruined the genre.
>>
File: 764251374187523.jpg (58 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
764251374187523.jpg
58 KB, 630x420
>Jagex
I WONDER WHY
>>
>>331544106
oldschool runescape famalam
>>
Jagex made some really stupid decisions which ultimately destroyed the game and soon they'll be run by our chinese overlords. rip runescape
>>
>>331544696
>>331544740
Explain
>>
>>331544873
Jagex are currently in negotiations with a chinese mining company that want to buy 100% of the shares or something
>>
>Still enjoy runescape even with all the decisions over the years

I just like a comfy grind, man. WoW can't give me that.
>>
>>331545229
>WoW can't give grind
>>
>>331544873
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?14,15,354,65764827
>>
>>331544631
Mabinogi.
But playing it today is complete fucking shit. Don't even bother unless you like easy mode.
There's a hacker team that stole the server files back in 2012 which is the last good version. Someone picked it up in late 2015 and has been workig on it since. Last I heard he's patching exploits atm but that's one of the problem, the other problem is everything is fucking chinese and he's been slowly translating them back to english.

Sorry for my rant, I really want a mabi ps
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.