[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into JRPGs/nip games in general. whats the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: meme.jpg (98 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
98 KB, 1920x1200
I want to get into JRPGs/nip games in general. whats the best jap game you've played?
>>
Final Fantasy Tactics

Not exactly the quintessential Jap game though
>>
Fallout
>>
>>331539590

Demon's Souls
>>
>>331539590
Some high quality JRPGs that also make good entry level titles:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV or VI
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Grandia
>>
>>331540813

Grandia is not a good entry title brah

That voice acting will drive the non-invested away
>>
>>331540924
Tell that to the countless hordes of fans online who played Grandia as one of their first jrpgs back in the PS1 days and loved it.

If OP wants to get into jap games, he'll need to get used to bad translations and VA, unless he speaks Japanese or plans to get fan translations of everything.
>>
>>331541391

They were kids you idiot.
>>
>>331539590

Just start with your own picture like everyone else. You can't go wrong with it, overrated or not.
>>
Xenoblade on the wii is pretty good entry game.
>>
>>331539590
My favorite is still FF7.
My reason is that it had a good balance of classic
turn based RPG mechanics, and it just shoved so much shit in it to keep me interested on the side of gameplay.
Even if it was wonkey, it's cool that they had so many kinds of setting and ways to control a character.
There's even an arcade type place where they obviously shoved in all the shit they couldn't find a place for.

It's just fun to me, and deserves it's place as
one of those timeless favorites.
>>
Skies of Arcadia is awesome. Play it if you can.
>>
>>331541449
Teens, actually. Most jrpg fans get into them in middle/high school, not grade school. Same with animu.

>inb4 more pointless contrarianism of reality
>>
>>331542472
I have Skies of Arcadia Legends coming in the mail right now.
>>
>>331541391

>Grandia
>Hoards of fans

Nigga u wot

And I love Grandia
>>
>>331543324
Grandia is one of the most popular classic jrpgs.

Are you one of those people who also thinks that Legend of Dragoon was an unknown game?
>>
>>331543845

You're exaggerating hard

It's popular amongst enthusiasts but incomprable to the heavy hitters of it's day. Every game in the series had meh sales
>>
>>331545743
>enthusiasts

What do you think jrpg fans are?

It's a very popular genre entry among fans of the genre. Combined with its relative accessibility, that makes it a good recommendation as an entry point for newcomers.
>>
ffx

ff7 is too dated
>>
Lunar Silver Star Story
>>
>>331547010

Voices will grate unless they're already invested
>>
>>331547153
>ff7 is too dated
How? Besides the graphics which I think have a lot of charm.
>>
>>331539590
Ys: Oath in Felghana
>>
>>331539590
Street Fighter
Metal Gear
Sonic
Mario
Final Fantasy
Resident Evil
Gran Turismo

Fuck man how young are you to never having played any of these?
>>
>>331547714
this is not the type of game i am referring to except ff
>>
SMT: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga are pretty good
>>
Dragon quest, any one really. Also try the Star Ocean series.
>>
Purse Owner 4
>>
>>331548041

Then you want the word Weeb, not Nip
>>
>>331548578
That's worse you fucktard memer.
>>
Dragon Quest VIII is one of the best games of all time.
>>
>>331549238

Worse? It's more accruate.

If you say Nip people are going to assume you just mean Japanese games
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.