[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's just an easy monhun full of useless bloat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Final_Fantasy_Explorers_Logo.png (403 KB, 671x441) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_Explorers_Logo.png
403 KB, 671x441
So it's just an easy monhun full of useless bloat?
>>
Don't forget the part where the framerate tanks when you play with others
>>
>>331523685
In a game that's specifically designed for multiplayer?

Oh that's rich. I hadn't heard about that fucking lol.
>>
File: FF5-RedMage.png (84 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
FF5-RedMage.png
84 KB, 250x210
>>331522301
I was 90% going to get this; then I realized Bravely Second came out like 20 days later

So I got that instead

I just really, really love job class systems
>>
>>331524094
This. It feeds my autism so well.

I wish more games would use them, or se would release more. Ff dimensions episode structure didn't really let me go crazy with it, and I don't own a 3ds
>>
>>331524094
You made a good choice. I dropped this shit after 10 hours. All the quests are the same. The games bosses are recicled for almost every quest.
>>
>>331524262
is there any crafting like monhun?
>>
>>331524261
I'm with you my boy.

I feel that job class systems are thought of much like the rest of turn-based combat in that it's "antiquated" and "needs to be replaced with action" which I sorely disagree with. That they "run up and hit each other, then run back and wait for the other guy's turn" is not a valid complaint without shitting on Chess, Pokemon and a myriad of other games systems. Turn-based's timeframe gives way for entirely new strategies as opposed to *teleports behind u*
>>
>>331522301
It's an obvious clone, but at the same time it doesn't use the exact same combat system. It's more like an MMO in MH form.

It's extremely easy with friends, the framerate is beyond atrocious when you're more than 2 (even on the N3DS), and it's mostly a grind to get the weapons and armor of previous FF heroes like Cloud, Aerith, Vaan, Lightning, Terra and the rest since those armors are fucking ridiculous.

It was mediocre. If you like FF or need a "sort of MH" fix before MHX, this might be the way to go. But for the love of fuck bring friends, otherwise it'll be boring as hell.
>>
>>331522301

The ability mutations alone make this game worth playing, even if it's solo. There's so much shit you can do and so much min-maxing if you choose. I had fun with it. It's obvious most of the people who shit on it never played it. I picked it up and thought it was shit, but I had some time to kill so I pushed through it and found an amazingly fun experience.
>>
Final Fantasy Exploring Multiplayer Frame Drops

Haven't seen this much frame drop since Astro Boy on the GBA.

I knew the 3ds was an underpowered piece of shit, but jesus christ if this shitty, ugly little game floors the system.

Fucking christ what is Nintendo doing?
>>
>>331524923
What are ability mutations?
>>
>>331524995
this is simplifying it a bit, but: after using a skill with a buff, you can sometimes get the chance to learn a variant of the skill with the buff applied. these stack both in rank of buff and number of buffs.

in practice i think it pays to get many rank 1 buffs on a skill since everything is subject to diminishing returns. an interesting system but i didn't like the randomness of when mutations triggered and how unreliable some of the procs were.

also it kind becomes of a chore that prevents you from switching new classes at high rank.
>>
>>331524973
It's whoever developed it. It's poorly optimised.

I mean MH4 works perfectly with 4 players over local. Squeenix just doesn't know what they're doing.
>>
>>331525669
all that stuff doesn't really sound appealing. Why do you think they alone make the game worth playing, even solo?
>>
File: echoes.jpg (34 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
echoes.jpg
34 KB, 425x319
You guys wanna know a better Final Fantasy co-op game?

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time.

This game is SORELY underrated. I don't know why it went unnoticed; it's a DS game and yeah the graphics aren't brilliant and the story's not anything glorious but it's genuinely fun as fuck; you can dress your character however you want (all these armour parts are separate pieces) the stages all get pretty fucking complex later on and, although a little on the easy side once you figure out how equipment upgrades work, it never drops a single frame no matter how many players you have.
>>
>>331524262
Same, game gets boring quick. Shame In bough tit digital.
>>
File: thom.jpg (73 KB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
thom.jpg
73 KB, 600x379
>>331526224
>tfw all my friends are xbone casuls and will never play multiplayer weeb games with me
>>
>>331526116

It's not just buffs, it's entire spells and everything. Every attack builds up resonance, resonance lets you use Ability Surges, all of which come at random and grant different effects, and certain abilities gain certain effects.

So you can have your dodge on your monk have instant cooldown, haste, auto-life, reflect, float, status effect removal, and regen. All at once. You can also have abilities link with others which let's you cancel into them and deal extra damage, while doing every element under the soon and explosions with insanity.

Seriously, it's such a rewarding system. Well worth it.
>>
>>331526116
im not that anon. i played ffex for 70 hours and found it to be a kind of haphazard though interesting. my biggest complaints are the multiplayer slowdown, at high rank you find a lot of classes or builds are not viable, and theres too much focus on heading straight to the boss when it could have been a competent dungeon crawler too.
>>
>>331524094

Man, I should have been like you, I let the hype screw me over.

Its nothing like Monster Hunter.
>>
>>331527897
why didn't you just install hax and get MHX with the translation patch?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.