[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people use the sentence," I am enjoying it and that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
Why do people use the sentence," I am enjoying it and that's all that matters ". When you criticize a game and how do you counter it?
>>
nothing to say, can't disprove someone liking something
>>
you don't counter it, he's not arguing with you

in saying that, he has gave his final word on the matter, that he doesn't care if you like it or not and doesn't have any interest in validating his tastes for you

instead of trying to pull him back into an argument after that, step back and accept it's over, and that you're not under attack just because he likes something that you don't
>>
Because in that case that is all that matters, you can tell people a game is shit and give them reasons why it's shit, but if they're enjoying it, that's not really something you can argue about or criticize against.
>>
Laugh at him for liking literal shit

>I like eating shit! It's all that matters!
>>
File: 1458228869075.jpg (88 KB, 625x434) Image search: [Google]
1458228869075.jpg
88 KB, 625x434
Exactly like pic related.
>>
>>331521508
>calls your favorite game shit in return

What do
>>
why are you so insistent of robbing people of things they enjoy op
>>
>>331521213
Because unlike autists on /v/, most normally functioning individuals don't base their own enjoyment on whether other people enjoy it as well.
>>
Tell them they're having fake fun
>>
>>331521554
>no u
>>
File: 1456923828439.jpg (75 KB, 387x464) Image search: [Google]
1456923828439.jpg
75 KB, 387x464
>>331521397
>>
>>331521213
Call them a faggot.
>>
File: 1452207142617.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1452207142617.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
>>331521554
>>
File: 1332086353691.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1332086353691.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>331521213
>how do you counter it?
Why would you want to counter it?

That is literally stop liking what I don't like. I couldn't give a shit whether you don't like a game I like. You can critisise it as much as you want to as well, but non of it matters if I enjoy playing it and have fun doing it.

I know this is a hard concept for you autists to grasp but that is how things are in real life.
>>
>>331521213
This is literally every division thread on v.

Oddly enough, without the game being the focus everyone here says it's fine. If you call the division fun it's "explain fun"
>>
>>331522092
Marketers
>>
>>331521213
Why do you care what people enjoy, you fucking faggot?
>>
>>331521213
>>331521397
>>331521981
I have a friend like this. Every time I attempt make a critical point toward anything, being it video games, TV, movies, music, or whatever, he always gets annoyed and says "well I enjoyed it" or "you're overthinking it" or something along those lines. It's frustrating, because I don't always have positive things to say about everything. I don't know how people get through life without a critical point of view. But some people can't deal with negative opinions.

I hate when a person I'm talking to, can't be responsive to critical thinking. If a person has something critical to say about a game, that isn't a problem. It's just a point of view. Yes, your tastes are being called into question. How about learning how to deal with people not liking what you like.
This board is for discussion. And not every discussion is going to be
>You like game?
>Me like game! You like game?
>Me like game!
>We like game! Yaaaaaaay!
>>
>>331522140
Yup. That's it.

Or it's just that I've had that exact experience in every thread? So it genuinely applies here?
>>
File: 1327840665428.jpg (177 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
1327840665428.jpg
177 KB, 600x386
>>331522506
I feel sorry for your friend being around an insufferable faggot like you.

No one gives a shit about your "criticism" anon. Nothing is perfect, everything can be criticised. We don't need annoying faggots like you constantly pointing these criticisms out and constantly banging on about them.

We are all well aware of them, unlike you we can enjoy things despite all of their flaws and get on with enjoying them instead of sitting around complaining about them.

You are not some special little snowflake, you are just autistic and unable to do anything without looking for the negatives in everything and spend time telling everyone about them.
>>
>>331522506

How about learning to deal with people who like what you don't like.

If your friend doesn't enjoy critically dissecting media then maybe find another friend who does. Different people have different standards for what they enjoy, and for a lot of people things like videogames don't really meet a standard for media which really deserves that kind of detailed criticism.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.