[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 138
File: ffxiv-heavensward-logo-640w.jpg (50 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv-heavensward-logo-640w.jpg
50 KB, 640x426
>Patch 3.2 has ushered in a multitude of new adventures in the realm of Eorzea. In the hope that would-be adventurers can experience all that FINAL FANTASY XIV has to offer, we are pleased to announce the upcoming Free Login Campaign! If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, you won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!

When Square Enix offered this did they realise that there's only about 8 hours of new content added since 3.0?
You could blow through it in a weekend and not give them a cent.
>>
>>331519929
>midas savage
>8 hours of content

c'mon son, try harder

inb4 you try to argue that raid content doesn't matter in a PvE-centric MMO. go ahead, be the idiot that makes that argument. raid content is ***EVERYTHING*** in a PvE MMO.
>>
File: conjurer casting ruin.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
conjurer casting ruin.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
posting rage
>>
File: 1458479546430.jpg (430 KB, 559x1630) Image search: [Google]
1458479546430.jpg
430 KB, 559x1630
Threadly reminder anyone can become a mentor.
>>
>>331520062
After you've beaten Ravana all there is left is to,
A. farm dungeons for Esoterics, and
B. work on Alex Savage

The latter is prohibitively time-intensive, and the former is mind-numbing tedium for little tangible gain.
I was happy to raid Coil, but only because it possessed a unique and immersive narrative, and progression didn't marginalise my livelihood and wellbeing. Gordias failed on both fronts, and I have no interest in Midas.

I'll come back for the 96 hours, but only to complete an AF2 set and finish the new story. The rest can go rot.
>>
>>331520279
>complains about not enough hours of content
>alex is too time intensive
Dude
>>
File: 1451466711066.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451466711066.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
Once I'm done with Midas Savage I'm quitting this horrible addiction.
>>
>>331520392
Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>331520391
>grinding is content
Uhhuh
>>
>>331520264
>Threadly reminder anyone can become a mentor.

yeah, no shit. we've known that since before 3.2 even went live, thanks to our uncanny ability to read patch notes. the requirements for being a mentor were spelled out a while ago.

>>331520279
>After you've beaten Ravana all there is left is to,

why the fuck are you mentioning ravana? you realize we've had new primals since then, right? 3.1 gave us thordan and 3.2 gave us sephirot. is this stale pasta that you haven't bothered updating yet?

>A. farm dungeons for Esoterics,

again, esoterics is 3.0-3.1 tokens. we have lore tokens now. you need to update your pasta.

>progression didn't marginalise my livelihood and wellbeing

you complain about gordias being too hardcore but you're apparently blissfully unaware of the fact that they just released the most casual raid content since 2.2 with midas. again, it seems clear you haven't even played since 3.0 at all. you'll want to update your pasta for sure going forward so that you can fool future people into thinking you've played the game at all in the recent past.
>>
>>331520279
>esoterics
>ravana
You're a few patches behind m8. Gr8 b8.
>>
File: zin8UPX.webm (388 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
zin8UPX.webm
388 KB, 264x240
>>331520201
>conjurer
>ruin
>>
>>331520062
I'll be that person, the majority of the playerbase will never see Savage. Why would spend so much time catering to a minority?

Don't try to tell me the raiders contribute to the community either, they're all elitist dicks that stick to themselves
>>
File: not even squidward's house.png (258 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
not even squidward's house.png
258 KB, 500x376
>>331520264
>I just play for fun, so don't be mad cause u r a grinder
>Stop being jealous - I leveled everything to 60
>>
>>331520735
the only reason to play a PvE centric MMO is for raiding.

I don't care how many people will experience it.
>>
Only FemRoe player reporting in!!!
>>
>>331520735
>they're all elitist dicks that stick to themselves
That and they've started hardcore automated gathering. Fuck bots.
>>
>>331520793
Well the majority of the playerbase obviously disagrees with you
>>
>>331520510
Alex
>>
>>331520620
>>331520571
That was what constituted endgame back when I was subscribed (3.0).
That there's two new raidbosses, of which one should have launched with the expansion, after a period of 8 months isn't really a point in the game's favour. The tome+raid formula hasn't changed and the content is just as anemic as ever.

If you're content to waste your time with the dreadful excuse for "raiding" that is Alexander, go ahead, meanwhile I'm going to play other games while exploiting these free-login periods to continue with the story; as it's become painfully obvious that's all the game still has going for it.
>>
So is there a reason that this thread is posted here everyday? Why not go to /vg/? Is the thread there even worse than the discussions in /v/ ff14 threads?
>>
>>331520839
i don't care what other people's opinions on this is
>>
>>331520897
>Try to argue that raiding isn't important
>Provide a cogent argument
>I don't care what other people's opinions are

Kek
>>
>>331520895
I would say take a look for yourself but I'm afraid you might not make it back.
>>
>>331520895
>Is the thread there even worse than the discussions in /v/
you have no idea
>>
>>331520571
Are these the heavenshills I hear so much about about?
>>
>>331520895
These threads are becoming /vg/ tier anyways, there seems to be more character posting and anons getting familiar with each other. These threads are heaps better when there's one every few days not every day, there's fuck all to talk about.
>>
>>331520859
>two new raidbosses

there's 4 new raid bosses, you muppet.

thordan and sephirot are extreme primal fights. they have nothing to do with the new raid tier, which is savage midas and consists of 4 raid fights.

>The tome+raid formula hasn't changed and the content is just as anemic as ever.

yes, tome/regular 60 content has always sucked. which is all the more reason that you should be playing the game in order to raid. that's how all PvE MMOs should be played. if you don't like raiding, then don't bother playing PvE MMOs.

>>331520943
>cogent argument

referencing the fact that a bunch of retards don't like raiding is not a cogent argument. the point is, if you don't like raiding, then PvE MMOs are a waste of time for you. you're not going to get much out of them. so of course FFXIV sucks if you have no interest in raiding, which is why you should move on with your life and play other types of games.

my point still stands: the only reason to play FFXIV (or any PvE MMO) is to raid.
>>
>>331520895

Here there be dragons:
>>>/vg/135938168

I dare you to read even the first 10 posts without your organs violently tearing themselves free of your body from disgust.
>>
>>331521106
>if you don't like raiding, then don't bother playing PvE MMOs.
Congratulations on your DoA MMO. So many raiders out there with those 1% gordias clears, they'll totally sustain subs, right? Fuck all the crafters and gatherers that make their gear and food, amirite?
>>
>>331521128
>OP post is a lightning catslut avatarfag

I'm already done
>>
>>331521128
Take a look at this thread people browsing this is why we should stop character posting here.
>>
>>331521009
game is mediocre for the most part and I've mentioned that in several posts already. but stale pasta referencing "ravana" as if that shit is still relevant deserves to be called out for what it is.
>>
>>331520859
Alex raiding is fun again dick weed. Thordan is also by far one of the best EX fights we've gotten. Plus Spehirot is a fun fight, but shitters are titan ex tier bad at it. Kill yourself
>>
>>331521106
What you said was

>Try to argue that raid content doesn't matter in a PvE-centric MMO. go ahead, be the idiot that makes that argument. raid content is ***EVERYTHING*** in a PvE MMO.

Content only a few percent of the playerbase engage with is very obviously not relevant to the game. More importantly it doesn't even keep the game profitable.

If you genuinely think the only reason to play MMOs is to raid, you're not in-tune with the playerbase or the reason other people play MMOs. The other 98% of the playerbase.
>>
>>331520859
>of which one should have launched with the expansion
If you're referring to Thordan you're retarded
Thordan EX came with 3.1 just like how Ultima EX came in 2.1
It launched exactly when it should have
>>
>>331521196
>Using Gordias as anything
Old content dumb fuck. Midas is the new hottness with the fun fights.
>>
>>331520735
Majority of the playerbase will see however
>Thordan's Reign
>Void Ark
>Sephirot HM
>Sephirot EX
>Alexander Midas: Fist of the Son
>Alexander Midas: Arm of the Son
>Alexander Midas: Cuff of the Son
>Alexander Midas: Burden of the Son

>"b-but those don't count!"
>>
>>331521338
There's Gordias
>>
>>331521338
But you specifically mention Savage being more than 8 hours of content in your first post. It's not content that's relevant to anybody.

0.5% of the playerbase have cleared A4S, only 2000 players
>>
>Leveling up my retainer now, as before his original job I never bothered to level to 60 so he could be 60
>Can assign jobs now so I make him an AST which I bothered to level to 60 at HW launch
>he brings me back loads of neat shit as I'm leveling him

He's 57 right now, only 3 left before I can deck him out in 200 gear but even then he's doing shit like giving me the ilvl 90 Rowena's Token weapons and whatever. It's a much nicer surprise than a generic crop
>>
>>331521328
You can't deny that it caused a lot of people to leave and never come back with a lot of those people being around since 2.0-2.2. The game took such a large hit, 162k people doing 3.1 back months ago was hilarious. They're going to have to work hard to get those people back and all because they focused too much on the 1%. I mean, ffs 1% of people had final coil clears right before HW. The percentage will maybe hit 2 or 3 maximum but I doubt it. That's still such a small fraction of the playerbase with such a large focus on them.
>>
>>331521405
Thats because Gordias Savage was a shit show, a LOT more people are gearing up and doing Midas.
>>
>>331521405
you're not talking to the same guy, I'm the "PvE MMO" guy, not him.

however, it's so clear that you haven't played this game because you didn't even know how to differentiate between savage midas and normal midas.

he listed normal midas, which is something every casual chucklefuck in the game will be able to do. it's also part of the MSQ, which means it's content that everyone is doing and that is obviously relevant.
>>
File: 1456994270209.jpg (54 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
1456994270209.jpg
54 KB, 720x400
>The more I queue for A8 the worse people get at it

Watching people die to mega beam during regulators is funny the first two or three times and then it just becomes depressing to watch.

Especially when these same people go on to die to it again.
>>
>>331521460
>I take statistics out of my ass and think they're proof
3.2 also brought a lot of people back and a lot of people are raiding again because the fights are fun.
>>
>>331521493
You're going to be done normal midas in a few hours though, which was the whole point of this discussion at the beginning
>>
>>331521547
and then it goes right back to what I said, doesn't it?

the point of a PvE MMO is to raid, and if you aren't interested in that at all, then you're going to have a real fucking bad time.
>>
>>331521547
also there are lockouts and you need items each week, so you're not technically done in a few hours (you need at least 3 weeks worth of loot drops from normal midas to gear out one job provided you will be spending your lore tomes on a chest piece and legs)
>>
>>331520279
s-saber?
>>
>>331521539
The population in Idyllshire is still laughable compared to 2.2/3/4 Mor Dhona.
Moreover, the major raid is directly adjacent the endgame idling area so you don't have the same degree of fragmentation as back then with MD & North Shroud/Thanalan
>>
>>331521593
Which is why I was specifically picking on savage and ignoring normal modes.

But this just brings us back to the previous argument which obviously isn't going anywhere. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
>>
So I recently just did Labyrinth of the Ancients and that actually has interesting mechanics. Void Ark only has a handful of mechanics which the entire raid has to work together. I mean, sure, there are a few mechanics in VA which if someone mess up, it risks wiping the whole raid, but they seem much more forgiving. The main bosses are also easy, with Cuchulainn only being hard due to stacking debuffs.

Anyone know why the simplified it? Are the other 24 man raid easier than Labyrinth of the Ancients as well?
>>
>>331521805
A lot of the dumb mechanics in LotA are just trying to make busywork for the 6 tanks, they reduced the number of tanks to 3 for all the 24 mans after that.
>>
I don't even understand half the wipes.

Why does Titan wipe?
Why does the Moogle King wipe?
>>
>>331521805
The other two crystal tower raids are pretty good
Void Ark was a bit of a disappointment, but I have high hopes for the next stages of it that will be coming in future patches
>>
>>331521785
One the area is much bigger and there are other idling area now as well. The crafting corner and the girls that sell gear usually have 20+ people around them at all times.
Two North Shroud as home to a lot of low level people as well as people doing fates for relic, N than is also home to people running shit ton of fates for leveling. There is still quite a lot of comparable people hanging around the feet of Alex though.
>>
>>331521805
>Anyone know why the simplified it
Misfits and morons behaving like antisocial cretins, turning every run into an all singing, all dancing shitshow.
>>
>>331521539
Those statistics are very well documented if you're willing to look them up. Most of it is on reddit and I ain't linking shit from there. The statistics were taken from not only achievements but also people with the louisoix minion. The highest NA server was all of 1%. The highest JP server was a whopping 4 or 5%. As for the 3.1 statistic, that was talked about a lot because the patch was so bad. T9 had something like 2% pre-HW. I mean look at Idyllshire, if they keep this up there will be nobody left. We need more than just this shit raids that cater to almost nobody that plays.
>>
>>331521924

Didn't destroy his heart
DPS'd him too much with too many moogles alive
>>
>>331521936
It absolutely does not compare to the bustle of Mor Dhona in the game's peak, and arguing against this fact tells me you weren't there.
Before the Party Finder was added Mor Dhona's chat was a nonstop wall of scrolling text. People clipped into eachother it was so crowded and your framerate would drop into single-digits even on a high-end rig.
>>
>>331522085
You forget the "2%" or "5%" is also accounted to all the botting accounts inflating the numbers as well. Its overall a bullshit statistic to make it seem low. Its like going to any steam games achievements statistics and only seeing 7% of people got this achievement for beating the game. Its basically means nothing in the long run.
>>
>>331522164
I was there since 2.0 dipshit. No shit that it was full at the start, thats because 1. Housing wasn't in yet and 2. Gold Saucer wasn't in yet. Idllyshire is less from the start of the game yes, but from the point of 2.5 its basically the same if not a bit more.
>>
File: ffxiv_03092016_155157.png (2 MB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_03092016_155157.png
2 MB, 1440x810
>all the people in this thread not realizing glamour is the real endgame
>>
>>331521924
Mog normal usually wipes becuase people ignore other telling to kill the adds first. It's also annoying when people waste time killing the tank adds when you tell, and mark, that it's not necessary. Sure, it only adds a couple more seconds to the trial, but it just goes to show that people aren't willing to listen

I loved running mog when I ran with my fc. I learned to hate it when i get it in roulette and kept wiping.

Mog ex usually wipes becuase people don't stun, walk into delta, or don't wither all health down before killing.
>>
>>331522164

Revenant's Toll was also a lot smaller (by itself and in comparison to Idyllshire) and housing didn't exist yet.
>>
>>331522260
So it's even lower? That just makes it worse. And the way the data is gathered is generally accepted by everyone. Both Japanese and NA players have done censuses using the server and/or lodestone as a guide. You're right it doesn't account for people's alts, that'd be impossible to document with what information we have access to.
>>
File: 1458550683151.jpg (203 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1458550683151.jpg
203 KB, 1024x576
Please look forward to it
>>
>>331522383
>not realising that unsubbing and moving on with your life is the real end-game
>>
>>331522085
They need more primals, more hard mode dungeons like hard mode toto rak hard mode the aery etc etc.
>>
>>331522383
I glamour shit into mid 20s gear becuase i think end game gear and glamour specific gear are too flashy
>>
>>331522348
Housing has been around since 2.1 retard.
And the Gold Saucer has been dead since a month after its introduction; you'd find more people standing in front of Indolent Imperial than in the entirety of the GS on most servers for much of its life so far.
>>
>>331522383
That and crafting/gathering are the only thing that keep me in game still.
>>
>>331522426
No its even higher if you take out the account of bot accounts. There are lots of bots that are lvl 50 during that time just killing random shit for money.
>>
>>331522426
>So it's even lower?

You suck at math.
>>
>>331522445
>toto-rak hard

please no
>>
>>331522470
Yeah the peak which you spoke of was 2.0 dipshit. And again, MD is a LOT smaller than Idllyshire, everyone is much more spread out.
>>
>>331521512
>got every Midas item on my first or second run
I'm so fucking glad.
>>
File: GrJj6sn.png (930 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
GrJj6sn.png
930 KB, 960x540
>>331522459
I agree, a lot of the endgame gear looks retarded as fuck. I'm a big fan of practical outfits and weapons with particle effects can fuck right off (I've glamoured a plumed shortbow, for example, which is like a level 30 or something bow because it has white feathers on it that match the other white pieces of my outfit well).
>>
>>331522556
Toto-rak HM could be interesting.
It used to be a prison, so you could have some ancient monstrosity chained up deep within as the boss.
>>
>>331522445
Aurum Vale EX please
>>
>>331522626
FUCK NO!
>>
>>331522626
Hard mode Dzmael Dark Hold.
>>
>>331522620
>A whole city of people walking around in customized purple Saruman armor

It looks so fucking stupid.
>>
>>331522383
Looks awful, redo your whole set. Also if you're gonna be a Bard, don't use a Shortbow, those are for literal retards, go with a long bow.
>>
>>331522779
Don't listen to this fag, she probably watches YouTube guides before entering a raid.
>>
>>331522779
>using a longbow when you're not firing barrages from the other side of the battlefield with hundreds of other archers

Damn son
>>
>>331522779
>Looks awful, redo your whole set.

Nah.
>>
File: ffxiv_22112015_122112.jpg (939 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_22112015_122112.jpg
939 KB, 1920x1080
>>331522620

I quite like the level 55 gear from the Aery and the recolors that drop in the new dungeon. The 3.1 dungeons had pretty dapper clothes as well.

Actually most dungeon drops and crafted gear these days look better than the big dick raid and tome sets.
>>
I'm considering playing the free weekend of FF11 this weekend (for Yurop)
>>
>>331522383
Go back to /xivg/
>>
>>331523035
Nah, I don't browse/post there.
>>
>>331522889
It honestly goes, the hat with the shitty bandanna just makes it look fucking awful. And boots with those shitty flaps makes you look like you don't care to even tie your shoes. Don't even get me started with all the random shit on the side. It throws off everything and just looks awful.
>>
>>331523095
Cool opinions bro.
>>
>>331523158
No problem, also Longbow. Shortbows looks retarded, which in turn makes you look retarded.
>>
>>331522445
I really want Dusk Vigil Hard because I liked the atmosphere but it's such a shit dungeon because you'll get better EXP doing 50 content
>>
File: ffxiv_21032016_114334.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_21032016_114334.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>331523018
The 55 Aery clothes are fucking great, I love that armor. I just really don't like that turquoise shawl thing. Unfortunately the goddamn recolors won't ever drop for me, the only thing I ever see in those goddamn instances are the fucking NIN/BRD items.
I do like the fact that you can mix and match stuff pretty well in this game. And at the very least there isn't really anything left to spend my shekels on, so I can at least let out my dress up autism every once in a while.
>>
File: tYRHFiWbbb.jpg (269 KB, 778x1029) Image search: [Google]
tYRHFiWbbb.jpg
269 KB, 778x1029
>>331523018
>Actually most dungeon drops and crafted gear these days look better than the big dick raid and tome sets.

Yep, this is definitely true. The raid gear in particular has begun to look like complete garbage. Also, the problem with many of the "dapper" sets I find is that there are a lot of people using those glamours. Like the "holy rainbow coatee", for example. I can't go anywhere on my server without seeing 2-3 people walking around in that glamour. So I tend to skip over some of those dapper glamours because it's hard to really make something that is "yours" with it.

>>331523213
>Shortbows looks retarded

Nah.
>>
>>331523440

Hat is too elaborate for the plain suit.
>>
>>331521221
>>331521092
autism
>>
>>331523382
>the only thing I ever see in those goddamn instances are the fucking NIN/BRD items.

That's funny. Same thing happened to me when I roll tank. ..but as soon as I roll NIN the tank items I want dropped. Thankfully the tank already had his so I was able to greed it.
>>
>>331523440
They do, especially on lalafell. They look like a full on retarded playing with a toy bow. At least with Longbow it looks like you're at least using a real bow.
>>
>>331523473
Cool opinions bro, but we're still at the point where no one actually cares.
>>
The casting set and healing set from Midas is 10/10 love it so much. Reminds me of the Allagan Casting/Healing Set.
>>
>>331523440
dumb lalafell poster
>>
>>331522620
Yeah glowing weapons with particle effects are a bit too crazy for me, I glamoured my fancy monk weapons into the Emperor's New Fists and I'm never going back.
>cutscene of a Primal appearing
>Primal does some crazy badass shit, they're like 50 feet tall
>my character just puts their fist up, ready to punch this giant monster to death
>>
>>331523545
Cool opinions, but you're just starting to repeat yourself now.
>>
>>331521805
People disliked how punishing some of the mechanics in LotA were, like not killing skeletons correctly, 3 of them in the wrong place could mean an instant wipe. The comets you had to hide behind for Meteor on King Behemoth were pretty easy to accidentally blow up, wiping the whole raid for one or two people being stupid. The visual language of King Behemoth was kind of shitty - it really wasn't obvious that standing near a comet would make you take damage, so there was always a few people that would just be standing near them, shitting up the healers' day.

That and it came out early, a pretty decent chunk of the people doing LotA hadn't even beaten Titan HM yet, so your general playerbase skill was lower and it felt shittier as a result. People didn't get stuff like hiding behind comets to avoid meteor or prioritizing adds, but further content with similar or harder mechanics felt easier since people had to learn that shit before accessing them.

LotA also had a lot of filler shit that nobody really found fun.
>>
>>331523634
Saying "THATS JUST YOUR OPINON BRO" doesn't mean shit. So kill yourself. But thats just my opinion.
>>
>>331523625
>monks not using their fists
Into the trash it goes. Those Ifrit fists are acceptable though, I guess. But I'm a sucker for any kind of "energy" weapon.
>>
>>331523625
>I glamoured my fancy monk weapons into the Emperor's New Fists

This truly is the only way to play MNK. Emperor's New Fists is probably the greatest glamour addition to the entire game, from 2.0 to present day.

>>331523621
>>331523714

Interesting.
>>
>>331523724
>Hating on Sephirot fists
baka
>>
>>331523758
Emperor's New Fists are top tier, but Sephirot weapons have actually turned the tables and made Monk weapons look great and every other weapon look like retarded dogshit.
>>
>>331523545
>They do, especially on lalafell. They look like a full on retarded playing with a toy bow.

Same with LalaDRG. There is nothing more retarded than a Lalafell Dragoon. I can't take the game seriously at all when there's a 2" potato brandishing a "spear" that's the size of most characters hands.
>>
>>331523797
How does that go against anything I said? The Sephirot fists are basically just gloves, they still qualify.
>>
>>331523891
Don't they cover up any arm pieces you're currently wearing or does it overlap with it?
>>
>>331523625
I wouldn't mind Emperors's new fist it didn't looks so weird. The gap from punching normal shit and doing animations looks like you're punching with invisible weapons instead of your fists and just looks way to weird for me. Thank god for the Lore weapons and Spehirot Weapons.
>>
>>331523917
Because you made it sound like every monk that doesn't use Emperors new fists or Lore fists is shit.
>>
>>331524064
Well Sephirot fists are still fists, aren't they? I just hate those stupid ass punching rings or ridiculous bladed stuff.
>>
Has it been CONFIRMED that dying the upgraded lore fists changes the color of the flames?
>>
I like using the Anima Monk Weapon over Emperor's New Fists
>>
>>331524124

What about muh spirai?
>>
>>331524124
I think the HA Fists look baller as fuck. if Only I had the money for the Replica Version.
>>
File: sephirot_emp_comp.jpg (58 KB, 607x450) Image search: [Google]
sephirot_emp_comp.jpg
58 KB, 607x450
>>331523989
Yeah, it hides your hand armor. Still probably the best looking fists though.

>>331523992
I think the only thing that looks weird/awful is the drawing weapon animation still being there. This also applies to Sephirot's, if they're going to start adding gauntlet type weapons they should probably fix that.
>>
File: augmented hellfire dyed.png (651 KB, 443x630) Image search: [Google]
augmented hellfire dyed.png
651 KB, 443x630
>>331524129
apparently only the horns sticking out will dye
>>
>>331524346
Really should have painted them blue to show the difference
>>
>>331522438

wat
>>
Why is /v/ now allowing character posting?
>>
>>331524567
Recent threads have begun with the same image every time. I imagine it's now the same group of people that heard it was okay to post XIV on /v/ and since they weren't getting any attention from /xvig/ they decided to come circle jerk here instead.

It's a shame because /v/ normally has decent XIV threads. but at this rate they're going to get banned because people just have to post their characters like they think anyone actually gives a shit.
>>
>>331522438
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>331524759
PSO2 is getting Odin and some gear from XIV
>>
>>331524757
>130 posts
>29 IP's
been noticing the IP's have been getting smaller every thread you might be right, anon. I don't want XIV threads to be banned again.
>>
>>331524759
PSO2 x FFXIV collab

PSO2 Gets:
Odin Trial Battle
Odin weapon drops
Miqote male and female RSE gear

FFXIV Gets:
TBA. Please look forward to it
>>
>>331524567

Because we are having a discussion about glamouring, not LOOK AT MAH CATGRILL SLUT.
>>
File: Dark Divinity magic.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Divinity magic.jpg
545 KB, 1920x1080
>>331524886
I wish Odin was worth fighting but all he drops is gear you can buy from his FATE and literally a recolored set for DoM
>>
>>331524886
inb4 just a minion and a shitty helmet piece
>>
File: rappy.jpg (151 KB, 637x358) Image search: [Google]
rappy.jpg
151 KB, 637x358
>>331525032
>>331524886
>Rappy Minion

yeah I already see it
>>
>>331525004
I very much enjoy the trial version, too bad it takes a year and a half to get into one.
>>
>>331525161
Would help if they made the drops dyeable in an update. People love that shit enough to spend millions on glamour versions.
>>
File: happy merchant.jpg (74 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
happy merchant.jpg
74 KB, 501x585
>>331525310
You know they'll just make a craftable version of it for crafter jews to make bank

>They could easily just toggle this shit, as seen with starting race gear, which is now dyeable
>instead of just making allagan/high allagan gear dyeable, they added craftable replica versions which can be dyed
>>
File: 55912236_p0.jpg (980 KB, 1000x889) Image search: [Google]
55912236_p0.jpg
980 KB, 1000x889
Which scion would you bond with?
>>
>>331525584
yda, because that german sexvoice
>>
>>331525584

Wait a second
>>
File: 1428428451479.png (242 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1428428451479.png
242 KB, 500x332
>>331525584
>can't tell Alphinaud/Alisae apart
>>
>>331522438
>>331524557
>>331524759
>>331524835
>>331524886
Trailer for the PSO2 collab
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BucQC7USvfM

Will be hilarious if all FFXIV players get is a minion.
>>
>>331525823
there really isnt much XIV could do without breaking the artstyle. Pso2's artstyle is so long gone it doesn't even matter now that we have FF stuff in the game
>>
How do I git gud with DRG? I got it to 60 for shits and giggles and my ilvl is 202 right now. I can't break 1300 DPS on a dummy and don't know how I could improve my rotation.
>>
>>331525823
I have no idea if that is any different from PSO2 fights since I don't know the game but it looks like a shit show for a fight with getting flinged everywhere.
>>
>>331525823
why are people in previews always so bad

90% of the time it shows people eating AoEs to the face
>>
>>331525823
>implying sega would ever let filthy gaijins get their hands on anything from that game
>>
File: wut.png (131 KB, 280x272) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
131 KB, 280x272
>>331525996
they already let us have the shitty anime
>>
File: 1456811184008.png (25 KB, 424x213) Image search: [Google]
1456811184008.png
25 KB, 424x213
>>331525784
>>
File: pso areas.png (2 MB, 752x1350) Image search: [Google]
pso areas.png
2 MB, 752x1350
>>331522438
>>331525823
>PSO2
people actually care about that trashy pay 2 advantage game?

PSO episode 1 and 2 will always be much better
>>
>>331525823
Slutgear hopefully, xiv doesn't have enough.
>>
>>331526320
>PSO ep1+2
Mah nigga.
>>
>want to do seal rock for some of the reward armour
>giant RNG clusterfuck

What the FUCK am I supposed to do? It queued my team without a healer and the points all spawned away from our base.
>>
3.2 is a decent patch but nothing too great. Diadem is still shit, airships are still boring and pointless. Two new dungeons that drop 195 which is relatively pointless except for accessories since Void Ark has the weekly requirement dropped for the 210 upgrade item. I've done all of Midas normal, nothing too great there just repetitive boss fights following the one week allowance per item for 220 gear. Sepherot extreme is cleared by most of my server now, personally I have spent hours trying to pug and there's always retards fucking up mechanics. More annoying than anything considering the 230 weapon is 13 days away. Midas savage seems pretty lackluster, I've watched the fights it's nothing special.

TL;DR: SE added a bunch of shit, most of it is boring or grindy. People horny for raiding will like it, but mostly it's nothing special.
>>
Why does this game run at 19fps on lowest settings? I regret downloading it for the free login, seems to run worse than it did two years ago.
>>
>>331526320
>Do I fit in yet?
>>
>>331526386
>What the FUCK am I supposed to do? It queued my team without a healer and the points all spawned away from our base.

Played it back when it was first added
>>
>>331526320
I care about getting new gear in XIV
>>
>>331524567
>>331525004
Sorry if posting a comparison of Seph weapon glamor vs emperor's new fists was kinda character posting. A simple text confirmation would have done just as well to answer the anon's question.
>>
>>331526507

I just need 10 wins for my boots, I see this taking fucking forever even if the number is small because of 3 teams and the hour long queues.
>>
>>331526320
>pay 2 advantage
advantage in what, erp? lmao
>>
>>331526396
Because you're on ps3/ps4.
>>
>>331526396
get a better toaster
>>
>>331526620
>>331526631
On PC, for comparison it runs PSO2 on max settings at 60fps.
>>
File: 1458131560482.jpg (89 KB, 473x648) Image search: [Google]
1458131560482.jpg
89 KB, 473x648
>>331526386
Change to a healer.
If you don't have a healer exit and level a healer to 60 then requeue.
Don't be that shithead who complains about other people not switching to a healer if you refuse to do it yourself.
>>
>>331526618
>trading locked behind a premium paywall
>sells exp boosts and ressurection items in their cash shop
>gachapon cash rewards out the ass
>can sell cash shop costumes for massive amount of money in auction house
>use that acquired money to buy rare items or grinders to make your equipment stronger
>>
>>331526698
I can run PSO2 at max settings at 120FPS on my toaster too. That game isn't exactly demanding.
>>
>>331526773
>relevant grinders cannot be bought or traded
>anyone can sell items on a shop if they have enough F2P tickets, you SHOULD at endgame
>gacha is literal garbage and you make more money from farming
>rare boosters are bought with ingame currency unless you want an extra 50% on top of your 400%

Did pso2 kill your parents or something?
>>
>>331526894
>actually defending this kusoge

no surprise from fucking weebs on this website
>>
>>331526773
>exp boosts and ressurection items
stuff that you can buy with in game currency like FUN or just get for free all together from titles
>gachapon cash rewards out the ass
what?
>>
>>331526894
>>331526964
FUN rewards are random and you need to log in everyday like a NEET to get something decent eventually.
>>
One of the main thing I have noticed with 3.2 is virtually all of the gear and weapons are ugly as shit. It's also disappointing that the relic wasn't updated, it's completely pointless to get now unless you plan for the future patch that implements it. No one does fate farms for crystals anymore, cordials are expensive as fuck now. Also, the feast is a weak attempt at WoW's arena. It's shit tier, I can't wait until a month from now when people are over it and will shut up about it like it's great.
>>
>>331522620
I'm not even at the point of having glamour and I'm suffering with the choice of attire. Just hit the Paladin lvl 50 gear and I hate myself because it doesn't look great. Even just an enclosed helm would help. The haubergeons look really cool too.

I also have to contend with not being able to change my old Miqote name aka my 'slave' name I had when I first joined the game and thought cat people would be cool and unique to play as.
>>
>>331526947
The game has been garbage since EP4 but calling it F2P is laughable.

Pretty sure you're also a fucking weaboo by your standards if you actually downloaded a JP only game in the first place. Now go away, bigot.
>>
>>331526996
>FUN rewards are random
>can buy 1000 FUN tickets with excubes or just get them from titles
hello??????
>>
>>331526996
Yeah, it's not like you can literally trade ingame currency for FUN.
>>
>>331527012
>It's also disappointing that the relic wasn't updated

I'm pretty sure relic updates come late as catchup

so 3.3 will have next Anima step and will probably be 245
>>
>>331526386
If you're never touched PvP before you should be *glad* Seal Rock is RNG, because that at least gives you a chance to win some of the time.

If it were 100% fair like Wolves Den or something you would lose 100% of your games against experienced PvPers instead, would that be preferable?

RNG in supposedly competitive settings is a hedge against those kinds of stale scenarios, it keep things fresh and is necessary for longevity if you dont have a critical mass of hardcore players.
>>
>>331527012

Relic always gets new iterations in mini-patches and welfare patches, never in main patches. The next step (and probably nerfs for 1st step) is coming in 3.25 anyway, which shouldn't be too long from now. Probably around the same time people can get their welfare lore weapons.
>>
>>331526996
You haven't played PSO2 in like 4 years have you?
>>
>>331527201
>>331527103
>>331527068
>>331527047
here comes the PSO2 defense force

don't you gotta afk in some lobby before a emergency quest shows up?
>>
>>331527127

>so 3.3 will have next Anima step and will probably be 245

Relic never catches up to raid weapons until the very end of the tier. Nexus wasn't released until like 2 weeks before 2.4, and Zeta took a similar amount of time. The next step in 3.25 will probably bring it somewhere between 225-235.
>>
>>331527286
>Literally calls the game shit
>Defense force
>>
>>331527286
already am.
why do you think im shitpostin here friendo?
>>
File: 1457458653907.jpg (28 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1457458653907.jpg
28 KB, 600x726
>>331527286
>spout blatant lies
>D-D-DEFENSE FORCE when called out
okay
>>
>>331527286
>afk in some lobby
nah, that's why erp and all those slutty costumes exists.
>>
>>331527286
>don't you gotta afk in some lobby before a emergency quest shows up?
How's that any different from spending hours on end AFK in Idyllshire until your lore uncaps? or speeding running dungeons just so you can go back to being afk?
>>
>>331527395
fuck off pathetic weaboo
>>
File: 324234192.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
324234192.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>331527543
stay mad retard
>>
>>331527543
If you use the same line over and over then people just know you're an epic troll.
>>
>>331527519
By the time I reach that endgame point, I would have already invested 500+ hours into the game.

You reach that point in PSO2 in less than 50 hours.
>>
>>331527661
Source?
>>
>>331527661
50 hours from 1 to 75 with +10 orbit weapons, and crafted/affixed units?
>>
File: 1448397778526.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448397778526.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>tfw longtime friend roped me into buying HW and tanking savage for a group of people he knew
>most of them can't be on time
>WHM decides to drop out at the last second
>bard is a clicker and refuses to use voip
>co-tank is a DPS who leveled a dark knight
>bard's computer burns out on the night before reset as we're at 15% on the second boss
>one of the healers at least leveled a PLD in the meantime so we have a NIN
>eventually get to 2nd savage fight on the third week
>mainly because the bard couldn't control their burst enmity and because people don't know how to focus
>finally get to pepsiman
>complete trainwreck
>took nearly a week to get to section where he spawns jellies that run to the centre
>bard and another couple of people decide they're not happy with the pace
>group dies
>still have 70 days left on sub
>never log back in

i'm still mad to this day
>>
>>331527840
>implying you need those weapons and units to see PSO2's endgame
lol

grind challenge quests, AFK/ERP until emergency quests pops up, rinse and repeat everyday until you quit.
>>
>>331528115
>being a filthy leech
>>
>>331528115
t. AIDA
>>
>>331522626
the madman
>>
>>331528089
Shit statics suck, there are good statics too.
>>
>>331527395
that image sums up feast solo queue pretty well
>>
>>331528418
>hear about 3.2
>only leveled to 59
>I guess I can suscribe again, there must be decent amount of content
>level to 60
>days of shitty dungeon roulettes
>do Void Ark
>do Alexander
>do Sephi
>realize that I will have to do these exact same things, next week if I want to get to higher difficulty

fuck that, already bored, jesus christ MMO's are now fucking shit
>>
>>331528418
didn't mean to quote

>>331528938
>>
File: 1438015345875.png (424 KB, 1858x1004) Image search: [Google]
1438015345875.png
424 KB, 1858x1004
Anyone got this for DRG?
>>
File: playing mmos.webm (515 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
playing mmos.webm
515 KB, 320x240
>>
File: p0CQEfA.png (423 KB, 1888x927) Image search: [Google]
p0CQEfA.png
423 KB, 1888x927
>>331529019
I think I have one
>>
>>331529252
>>331529019
You can also go to the Official Forums thread about Dragoon. Lots of helpful info there with lots of data and numbers to go along with it.
>>
File: burd.jpg (634 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
burd.jpg
634 KB, 1920x1080
PSO2 is a shit game that I was dumb enough to spend thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars on, the only people dumb enough to still play it are either new and haven't reached the disappointment phase yet or are dumbshit circlejerkers from /vg/ like >>331527840 or >>331528190 who have also spent thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars on a shit game, but are unwilling to admit that they made a mistake or are still too attached to their ERP waifus
>>
>>331521785
muh dick
>>
>>331529342
yeah, that dragoon guide is godlike, image covers basics of that guide btw
>>
>>331529342
>>331529579
Wish there was a thread like that for every class. Sucks not seeing a good Monk and Ninja thread with the same amount of data and numbers as the Dragoon and Black Mage thread.
>>
File: 1454837149908.jpg (71 KB, 420x599) Image search: [Google]
1454837149908.jpg
71 KB, 420x599
>>331529456
both posts are me and I've not spent a single dollar on this game

>waifus
disgusting
>>
>>331529698
That's good then, I'm glad there's only one person in this thread dumb enough to believe PSO2 requires good gear
>>
File: 1457998522604.jpg (74 KB, 800x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457998522604.jpg
74 KB, 800x1080
Idyllshire miqi'tten is for ___________.
>>
Lancer or Archer?
>>
>>331530219
For low level? You're fucked either one you picked since they're both boring as fuck
>>
>>331529879
hugs
>>
File: pokey.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pokey.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>331530219
Lancer gets fun at DRG. Go lancer.
>>
File: 1452759404836.jpg (24 KB, 248x224) Image search: [Google]
1452759404836.jpg
24 KB, 248x224
>>331529879
>inb4
>>
File: 1444972333221.jpg (76 KB, 379x345) Image search: [Google]
1444972333221.jpg
76 KB, 379x345
>He wears Diadem wellfare gear
>Expects to be taken seriously.
>>
I took advantage of those free 3 days and bought a fucking month of time because I'm a retard.
>>
Stopped playing right before HW and thinking about picking it back up, how shit are paladins now.
>>
File: tiny.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
tiny.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>331530348
>he's still in i170-180 gear
>>
>>331530219
Ranged dps are for faggots.
>>
>>331530450
>He's in full 210-220
>Except his weapon is the fucking Anima Awoken
Like what the fuck you don't need it equipped for any of the unidentified grind, wear your fucking 210 Eso weapon at least
>>
>>331520391
> b-but grinding is content guyz

Kill yourself
>>
>>331530434
They're basically on par with DRK right now. Lots of Physical tank busters. Not to mention they got buffed quite a bit their DPS and TP problem isn't as cancer as it was in 3.0-3.1.
>>
I'm so afraid to try out Alexander because I'm an AST and I don't want people to get mad at me because my heals might be sub par to other classes.
>>
>>331530602
For the past week or so I've been leveling a Paladin and it feels so fucking good, especially if I can pacify a baddie just before they let out an AoE so they sit there dumbfounded for 6 seconds.
>>
>>331530704
Ast have the same heal as whm since like 3.0 tier patch.
>>
File: 1434085571300.jpg (294 KB, 784x784) Image search: [Google]
1434085571300.jpg
294 KB, 784x784
>>331530348
>Clears normal content
>Claims to be a raider
>>
>>331530704
AST is in a pretty good position imo. If you play well you can replace a WHM or a SCH if your group so chooses to not bring a SCH because you don't need it or w/e. My group has been doing AST/WHM and we've beaten A6S so far.
>>
>>331530547

I was close to getting the anima relic done and already farming Sephirot, it was a matter of pride to keep using it until the bitter end.
>>
>>331530847
tfw you finished the Anime weapon weeks before 3.2. feels bad leaving my other FC mates in the dust when they have like 20 more items to go.
>>
>>331522445
>hard mode toto rak hard mode
How about no.
>>
File: 1458148377489.png (631 KB, 598x572) Image search: [Google]
1458148377489.png
631 KB, 598x572
>>331529879
Idyllshire miqitten is for oral

Halloween miqitten is for anal

More donuts miqitten is for cumming inside and taking responsibility
>>
>>331529863
>having shit times
>>
>>331522626
Aahahaha. No.
>>
>>331530976
Stop sexualizing the children of my race you degenerate hyur.
>>
>>331520392
>Once I'm done

ho ho ho
>>
>don't play for a year and stop just before HW, not having done much of the post-MQ path shit
>come back to the game and get ready for the eternal grind again
>have to finish the eternal MQ before I can even get to the eternal grind first
>while I'm at it I refresh my knowledge of old runs and titans
>there are level 60 babys who don't know how moogle king works
>there are level 60 babys who don't know how titan works
>there are level 60 babys who don't know how garuda works
>there are level 60 babys who don't know how fucking Ultima works

I want to go back, why is the playerbase so much more retarded now than it even was pre-HW?
>>
>>331531047
Tia detected

>implying i'm not mooncat gal masterrace
>>
>>331525584
None of them. Aymeric is best pure husbando.

Y'shtol and Yd are bretty good tho.
>>
>>331531135
Why do you think? The only people still doing old content are the one that never did them before.
>>
File: 1387655300701.png (346 KB, 1023x768) Image search: [Google]
1387655300701.png
346 KB, 1023x768
>>331531292
I bet you stand around in Limsa ERPing you degenerate fart sniffer.
>>
I just hit 55, less than halfway to 56 and the next quest is locked. Best ways to level other than FATEs? Just doing the HW dungeons?

Also, just did Syrcus Tower for the first time, greeded on 5 out of the 7 items and got all of them instantly. Should I have passed on the ones I didn't need? I didn't see anyone say they wanted something specific but I still feel bad for taking shit. It was my second raid so I'm not familiar with etiquette.
>>
File: 1446591371245.png (114 KB, 384x344) Image search: [Google]
1446591371245.png
114 KB, 384x344
>>331530976
>>
>>331525887
Throw it into the trash.
>>
>>331531357
>A Mentor who hasn't done any Extreme Titans
>>
File: 39210_20160318063105_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
39210_20160318063105_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>331531292
I am female suncat master race.
>mooncat
Get out of the shroud scum, Kan-e vult.
>>
>>331531370
Too busy levelling jobs. I don't even slut glamor, nerd. Demon skirt a best.

I do wear the camise though, literally only good top.
>>
>>331531385
Those type of raids is basically dead, if you didn't take them, no one would have. Also do dungeons or side quests around and do roulette and what not.to level up.
>>
File: 1347789877069.jpg (41 KB, 493x575) Image search: [Google]
1347789877069.jpg
41 KB, 493x575
>>331531492
So you would ERP if you weren't such an ultra-autist.

And camise? How embarrassing you shit taste toilet bowl licker.

Mooncat girl is best though
>>
File: 1446159492402.png (31 KB, 148x128) Image search: [Google]
1446159492402.png
31 KB, 148x128
>>331531452
>Cat being racist.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 138

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.