[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>racing games will never be good again Why do you people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: rus2640b.jpg (43 KB, 300x231) Image search: [Google]
rus2640b.jpg
43 KB, 300x231
>racing games will never be good again

Why do you people keep saying this? If anything racing is one of the few genres not to get worse over the years.
>>
>>331477547
You could start the thread with an image of a modern racing game that doesn't suck then
All I want is a new good arcade racing game
>>
File: Burnout3.jpg (412 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
Burnout3.jpg
412 KB, 640x908
>>331477709
Too much controversy. I'd just get lots of ">implying that's good".
>>
>>331477846
Fair enough, old burnout games are gold.
I'm a huge fan of Ridge Racer and Fatal Inertia though
>>
File: SplitSec.jpg (76 KB, 428x603) Image search: [Google]
SplitSec.jpg
76 KB, 428x603
Here, Split/Second, a game you will probably agree was good. Released in 2010.
>>
>>331478232

>2010 was 6 years ago
>>
>>331478232
>Rubber band AI
>Good
>Any year
>>
>>331478493
COUNTLESS racing games have rubber band AI.

Hell, Burnout 3 has SCRIPTED AI (I can pinpoint areas of the track where you WILL catch up to the AI racers; at least rubber band AI has dynamic moments where the AI catches up to you at different points in the track). Burnout Revenge is also guilty (Burnout 1 and 2 had dynamic AI).
>>
>>331478768
I thought Burnout games were about crashing cars everywhere all the time, never finishing first
>>
>>331479173
Burnout is an excellent racing experience thanks to its smooth drifting and fun traffic-dodging mechanics.

If you want a game strictly for crashing, go play Demolition Racer. Finishing first in that game means diddly shit.
>>
>tfw simcade shit everywhere
>tfw no real kick-you-in-the-balls sims anymore
>tfw everything has a fucking rewind feature and car pack DLC cancer
>tfw Sega is fucking kill
>>
>>331477547

Me and my cousin had more fun fooling around the maps instead of the actual races when we rented it.
>>
Racing games are absolute boring dogshit made for autistic people who want to literally fuck expensive cars.

Simulation racing is fucking garbage. Give me shit like F-Zero and Burnout 3. Arcade racing games will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be better than fucking simulations.

and while I'm at it, fuck putting real cars into games, we don't need this garbage.
>>
>>331480292
You hate all racing games but then say you like arcade racers?
>>
>>331480417
I meant to say modern racing games, sorry for the confusion.

the last racing game I thought was great was Sonic and Sega All Star Racing Transformed, and that's still nowhere near being as good as Burnout 3 or Crash Team Racing.
>>
>>331480528

I still hate you then because I'm quite enjoying NFS 2015.
>>
>>331480528
Original Sonic & Sega all star was better
There are still a couple of modern racing games that are fantastic but really rare compared to the tons of fake racing sims they pull out every year
>>
>>331480801
no it wasn't, it was absolute shit

the controls were worse
the visuals were worse
the course design was worse
play as Shadow to win automatically

Transformed is a 100% improvement unless you're an autist and really NEED Ryo Hazuki to be in the game.
>>
>>331480948
>unless you're an autist and really NEED Ryo Hazuki to be in the game.

Isn't Ryo in Transformed as well?
>>
>>331480948
>Controls the same
>Almost every models are the same
>Implying Shadow is worth shit compared to my man Billy
I agree for the track design, much better, shame they had to ruin it and force transforming bullshit everywhere
>Hyped as fuck because there's an Outrun stage and Sumo digital also made Outrun
>Half of the map is on water
>>
>>331477547
>I bought this game in a store
>>
Racing games where you pick up items are casual.
>>
>>331481471
Most games with items tend to make item overpowered as fuck and ruin everything because it's random based and you will get fucked 20 seconds before the finish line.
When items are weak and avoidable it's actually a lot of fun
>>
File: 848.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
848.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>RUSH
>Burnout 3
>Split/Second
>Demolition Racer
Fucking jackpot, OP knows his shit.

Have you seen Distance yet though? It's looking dandy fine.
>>
File: Re-Volt_1.jpg (69 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Re-Volt_1.jpg
69 KB, 640x360
Based game coming through
>>
>splitting discussion between two threads
>>331449752
OP pls
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.