[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk a bit about BDO? I'm enjoying it but i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: screenshot.jpg (41 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
41 KB, 620x350
Can we talk a bit about BDO?

I'm enjoying it but i'm definitely seeing some red flags.

Opinions on the game? what did it do right/wrong and what change could make it a better MMO.
>>
it's like open world vindictus minus a moderately challenging late game
>>
I keep hearing this is supposed to be a sandbox game? What exactly allows you to build your own content?
>>
The professions and worker systems are more entertaining than the combat. Now that we are past 50 it's basically bedazzling your equipment and expanding your AFK empire for no reason other than because you can.
>>
>>331473380
When you hit max level you can kill any other player, to the point where you become an outlaw and are attacked by NPCs.

Your guild can declare war on other guilds and fight over castles
>>
>>331473135
The lack of visual customization because of the pay wall is killing me, like 'fuck it'. I can feel the gamblers burn. I really like the vindictus combat as the first anon pointed out, however: It's not scratching the itch enough for me to want to keep going. Only level 23 right now, does this change in anyway the further you go along?
>>
>>331473904

That's not sandbox. That's open world PvP.
>>
>>331473135
I thought this game would rock on my beast PC from the future but unfortunately everything about it is crippled as soon as you move literately one foot and everything on the entire screen has to redraw. The pop in has to be experienced its the worst in any game i''ve ever played even fuckin ps1 games had better pop in its fuckin mind boggling. Was it ever better? i hear its a lot worse since some release pach?
>>
>>331473904
Pretty sure that is nothing to do with a sandbox
>>
>>331473694
I don't agree with this for me the combat is everything.

I think the big flag for me is that the "sandbox" is just grinding away on menial tasks that have no player input and next to no payoff. running a fuckin weird buggy horse and carriage from town to town over and over again or fishing next to 20+ other players isn't fun.

also the lack of endgame and the difficulty of getting good endgame gear compared to the payoff especially aesthetically fuckin irks me .
like if I grind for 15 hours to get this +15 legendary weapon it should look amazing and I should be noticeably stronger than someone with a weaker weapon but that just isn't the case.
>>
something a little different in armor appearance would be nice. Nothing retarded that the special snowflakes want like flaming swords that blind you just even minor upgrades would be nice.
>>
>>331473380
its nowhere near a sandbox, its a theme park with customizable rides.
>>
>>331473135

Comfiest MMO ive played

If you are hardcore MMO player it will probably suck
>>
File: no.jpg (243 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
243 KB, 2560x1440
>>331474992
>that WoW mentality
wrong game m8, this is EVE in a fantasy setting, not WoW with better graphics and action combat.
>>
i've spent USD30 on increasing inventory space :/
>>
>i'm definitely seeing some red flags.

yeah, it's a boring for one
>>
>>331476180
>Better graphics
>worst pop in ever

That shit is so subjective.
>>
>>331476190

lol, cuck
>>
It's just a jack of all trades.

It's not a good a themepark as WoW or it's clones
It's not a good a sandbox as Eve, Wurm, and other such games
It's not a good action combat game as other Korean free to play games

If you want all three, but don't mind it being as good as something that's focused on one thing, go for it.

It wasn't my kind of game personally.
>>
>>331476465
>moron who uses "cuck" as an insult thinks he's above anyone
good golly
>>
How big can you make your character's breasts/butt in this?

This is very important.
>>
>>331476180
just my opinion on the game, still think there are better ways to reward a player's time and effort
>>
I played it quite a lot on release but just kind of stopped after a week or so. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the game or how it plays, it just isn't fun.
>>
>>331479278
certainly there's something or a combination of things that makes it not fun

like what were they trying that failed
>>
>>331479718
I guess you're right, what I meant was the combat is fine, questing is fine, guilds are fine etc. but somehow it just feels bland. I feel like this game has everything anyone ever wanted from an mmo, but nothing feels quite polished.

My biggest complaint is the character creation, it feels really limited, I don't understand why people praise it so much.
>>
>>331480160
I know what you mean. It's almost like the whole thing is a big tech demo.

Like the character creator is reall in-depth and well made but it's really limited. the world is well made but the quests feel all over the place. The worker system is a fun idea but gathering/crafting itself is super slow and boring.

I think maybe the game needed more direction but I don't really know.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.