[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just played Dark Souls for the first time... this pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: AR3YZnY.jpg (307 KB, 500x2112) Image search: [Google]
AR3YZnY.jpg
307 KB, 500x2112
So I just played Dark Souls for the first time... this pretty much sums up my experience.
>>
Whoa... this game is difficult...
Better than skyshit...
>>
someone post that meta comic about how games are different from real life
>>
>>331469161
Not a fan of Dark Souls. I like a challenging game to be fair and not trial-and-error bullshit.
>>
>>331469161
git gud! haha

dark souls is soooo hard xD

i beat it without dying tho :)

praise the sun! o_O
>>
>>331469161
LE EBIN "DARK SOULS IS SO HARD AND ALL ABOUT DYING" MAYMAY, AMIRITE GUISE?
>>
>>331469161
eeeeepic thread soooo difficult :OO
>>
Listen here dipshits

Every time you mention the "difficulty" of this game you're contributing to le hardcore gamerz meme. Dark souls is not about le hardcore prepare le die face XD. Dark souls is about discovering cryptic stories hidden in an dark fantasy world. If you put any focus or emphasis into the difficulty you're missing the fucking point and should kill yourself as soon as possible
>>
>>331469161

WOW
LE HARD

So le HARD!!! I PLAY GAMES ON EASIEST DIFFICULTY AT ALL TIMES THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW EFFORTLESS THEY ARE

LE MEMEZ XD
XD
XD
XD
>>
>>331469549
>>331469591
>>331469721
Honestly, I never got this vibe from this comic. Dark souls is not NEARLY as hard as normies make it out to be, but the comic is still mostly right.
It's not hard, But it is compared to most recent games
>>
>>331469507
It isn't that much...besides some pretty stupid traps the only real difference from most games of the time is that you can't steamroll your way to the boss, since the basic foe is as deadly as a boss...and sometimes even more, and the game isn't that level dependent
>>
>>331470029
Nigga, the tag on the box for one of the games is literally "PREPARE TO DIE."

There's even a "PREPARE TO DIE" edition.

You're delusional if you think they haven't embraced that dumbass meme
>>
PREPARE TO DIE O_O

^_^;;
>>
rolling 5
>>
>>331469161
Yeah don't post anything Dark Souls related on this board the community is beyond saving. You'll get a better discussion from reddit.
>>
>>331469161
Haha yes, isn't dark souls THE most hardest game of all time? It's just soooo hard! I also appreciate how the story compared it to the real world (because the dark souls world is very different from the real world)
>>
Holy shit straight out of r/gaming
>>
>>331469161
Dark Souls huh? *twirls wine glass full of apple juice*

I remember it like it was yesterday...

Truly the most epic game I've ever played.
>>
>>331470426
All of that cancer was pushed by Bamco, not From Soft
>>
>>331470426

Miyazaki hasn't. You dumbass faggots have, along with the whole dark souls 2 team. The "prepare to die" slogan was a mistake. Now every kid and their fucking mother wants to be a part of le hardcore game dark soulz for hardcore gamerz only XD

None of you motherfuckers actually understand why demon's, dark and BB were, are and will continue to be top notch videogames. Yall to busy preparing to die to le epic lava demon XD
God I fucking hate das2
>>
File: roll.jpg (237 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
roll.jpg
237 KB, 1280x800
Well, Shitposters have overrun the thread and op picked a shit picture, There is no hope for this thread anymore
roll.
>>
>>331469161
Why is everyone going full autism?
I thought it's a funny comic
>>
File: great_ones____by_m_10ka-d8nwqyk.png (553 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
great_ones____by_m_10ka-d8nwqyk.png
553 KB, 700x700
if u like dark souls you should try bloodborne!
its waaaaaaaay harder lol xD
pic related: funny meme
>>
>>331470823
probably a samefag
>>
>>331470305
Don't be rational now, you'll upset the extremist balance.
>>
>>331470305

The fact is: it doesn't fucking matter how "hard" people think the game is. Dark souls has been reduced to a fucking meme-tier joke about hardcore difficulty and normies thinking they are hot shit for playing it.

I have become a full nostalgia fag. Everything was better with early demon's souls and early dark souls days. When no one jumped on le hard prepare le die praise le sun XD bandwagon. At least they gave Miyazaki money.
>>
>>331470759
You're wrong though.
Most people who shitpost in this thread right now do very well know that the game wasn't about being le epic difficulty in the first place, and that Miyazaki merely made the game challenging because he thought it sucked you into the world more.

Everyone here is merely making fun of OP, who probably thinks he's a le epic hardcore gamer now for having played dark souls. And honestly, that's how the dark souls series is marketed towards normies by Bamco.

Bloodborne had NONE of that meme shit. The Dark Souls 2 launch trailer was full of YOU WILL DIE garbage, with rock music. And of course, that was also Bamcos idea.
>>
>>331469161
I still think both experiences are fun.
But for different reasons.
Enjoyment comes in many flavours anon.
>>
>>331470029
You're wrong. They arent that hard but they definitely make it a point to not hold your hand and not understimate you, its only in comparison to other big budget games that this makes them appear to be hard.

It is challening, Miyazaki talks about challenge, he wants it to challenge, to deny that is to ignore the creator's blatantly spoken intent
>>
OH MY GAWD
DARK SOULS IS SO LE HARD!!!!!!!!

"le boulder face"
*shits myself*

even though gaem has fucking aim assist its sOOOOOOO LE HARD

BIG BIG BIG BIG ASYLUM DEMON MAN WITH HAMMA
HAMMA
HAMMA
>>
>>331471159
It isn't ABOUT difficulty though. It's not "difficult" in the first place, it's challenging. And it's also not difficult for difficulties sake, but because Miyazaki felt that the game would be way more immersive that way. Since you do actually get tense after running around 20 minutes without finding a shortcut or bonfire
>>
>comic makes a point about handholding in video games
>shitposters talking about memes
Never change /v/
>>
>>331471976

What point?
Name me some popular games that hold your hand more than Dark Souls.
>>
>>331469507
>I like a challenging game to be fair and not trial-and-error

So you don't like games.
>>
>>331472110
Skyrim.
>>
>>331471030
You're in too deep. Snap back to reality before it actually fucks your perception up.
>>
>>331469507
>Not a fan of Dark Souls. I like a challenging game to be fair and not trial-and-error bullshit.

the game is covered in hints and tips from other players. you can even see where and how people are dying.

if you still get caught out you're really not paying attention.
>>
>>331472356

I repeat, name me some popular games that hold your hand more than Dark Souls.
Skyrim is more difficult than Dark Souls.
>>
>>331469507
>I like a challenging game to be fair and not trial-and-error bullshit.
You're a fan of Dark Souls then
>>
>>331470816
blaze the sun 420
>>
just started playing dark souls this friday.

I'm at blighttown right now, do you guys think I can manage to beat it and dark souls 2 before 3 is released?

How long are these games?
>>
>>331469161
Upvoted my good sir, 'tis a good thing to see another gentleman with taste in this sub!
>>
>>331472962
Unless you do nothing but play them, i dont think you can get 1 AND 2 finished in time. You can finish 1 before 3 releases though, you're almost at the halfway point.
>>
>>331472962
yes
>>
>>331472565
In what way? Skyrim's combat is mashing attack until things die since no NPCs bother to avoid anything, and bosses are just spongy enough to make you whack them extra long before running away to pop 10 pots instantly.
>>
>>331472565
It isn't, unless you mod it but then your point would be lost. Combat AI is braindead and the only way enemies can be ever considered a threat is by being bullet sponges.

If you had problems with fucking Skyrim, just give up on games forever.
>>
File: fun.png (341 KB, 750x2880) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
341 KB, 750x2880
>>331469161
did someone say dank vidya memes?
>>
>>331472962
Depends, are you a filthy neet or a wageslave who works 60 hours a week?

If you play blind, and don't follow any guides (and if you do you should fucking end yourself) you should be able to finish Dark Souls in about 60 hours. At least that's what my first playthrough took me and i played really slowly and carefully.

Dark Souls 2, mainly because i already played Dark Souls took me about 30 hours. But the DLCs adds another 15 hours to that

You can definitely beat both of them in 3 weeks
>>
>>331469161
Yes, babies find Dark Souls hard, I understand.
>>
>>331473408
Skyrim has artificial difficulty, and artificial difficulty is harder than fair difficulty by design.
>>
>>331473096
oh I doubt I can grind them too ahrd during weekdays, I guess I won't be playing 3 from release day.

I have this dumb quirk where I can't play sequels unless I finish the original games before.
>>
im pretty okay at dark souls but bloodborne absolutely wrecks my shit
>>
>>331469161
I think I'm being baited
>>
>>331473984
>dumb quirk
Sounds fairly reasonable to me?

Also read >>331473685

Also, there are many people who would do anything to play Dark Souls for the first time again, so you better fucking finish it, faggot
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.