[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i resolve the top part if theres a mine on the top block
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: how.png (986 KB, 822x820) Image search: [Google]
how.png
986 KB, 822x820
how do i resolve the top part
if theres a mine on the top block and nothing below it, it fits with the numbers
but if the mine is on the bottom block and the top is clear, then it still fits with the numbers
do i just flip a coin and pick one
>>
Sure
>>
>>331466338
Pick the bottom one, post results.
>>
wouldn't the 2 in the top left be a 3 if the ones you have flagged were mines?
>>
File: rip.png (902 KB, 823x822) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
902 KB, 823x822
>>331466685
rip
>>
>>331466338
>literal coin toss RNG shitfest
why do people play this shit again?
>>
Protip: in situations like these the one against the wall is always safe

At least in was in Windows 98 and XP
>>
>>331466787
Fuck

Op posted a fake image
>>
>>331467198
it ain't fake, he's just bad
>>
>>331466338
The one in the top left corner isn't a mine
>>
>>331467157
[citation needed]
>>
>>331467198

No he didn't. >>331466817
>>
>>331467157
If that was true (which I dont believe), it clearly isnt the case anymore >>331466817
>>
What the fuck is this bullshit
Why are you viralling your shit indie game on /v/, fuck off
>>
>>331467981
But the one against the wall was safe.
>>
seriously /v/
how do you play this game? i've seen this game on my computers since i was a kid, but i always stuck to pinball.
>>
>>331468260
the number on a square tells you the number of mines in adjacent squares. so if the number is 1, you know that one of the squares touching the square with the 1 on it is a mine. if you think it's a mine, you put a flag on it, and if it's not a mine, you click on it and it disappears and reveals more numbers. once you have all the mines marked and all the other squares cleared away, you win.
>>
>>331468260
The numbers indicate how many bombs are next to that square. If it is blank, then there are no bombs nearby. If there is a 1, then only one square next to that tile has a bomb, etc.

Most versions will automatically clear out any blank squares and the spaces around them, so you don't need to bother to do so.

Depending on the version, you left-click to set a flap on/off (a note to yourself that the square has a bomb) and right-click to reveal. If you revealed a bomb, it's game over.
>>
Can we talk about how Solitaire is some RNG bullshit?

Over half the games you get are literally unwinnable. This wouldn't be that annoying if it didn't tell you EVERY SINGLE TIME you have to give up a game that "this loss will be reflected in your statistics"
FUCK YOU
>>
>>331468143
Wow i completely misread the image and went full retard
You're right, the one next to the wall was the safe one. i'll try to keep that in mind
>>
>>331468260
You'll actually figure it out quickly if you play a few rounds. The number in a tile corresponds to the amount of mines adjacent to it (in any of the 8 squares surrounding it). Then you check the numbers around there and compare until you find out which square definitely can't hide the mine.
For example, if there was a "1" and 2 unknown blocks next to it, with a blank square on the other side of one of those, you'd know that's the block that doesn't have the mine in it. Click on that, and right-click on the other block to mark the mine with a flag

Do that until you finish the board. It doesn't get any more complex than that, the harder modes only make the board bigger or add timers
>>
File: sanic.jpg (184 KB, 652x593) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
184 KB, 652x593
post best times
>>
>>331469763
1 (one click, durr)
30 seconds or so
100~120 probably

My current computer doesn't have the scores from when I used to play a lot.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.