[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you recommend playing EO1 or the Untold remake? I started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: eou tmg.jpg (663 KB, 1554x1376) Image search: [Google]
eou tmg.jpg
663 KB, 1554x1376
Would you recommend playing EO1 or the Untold remake?

I started EO1 some years ago but stopped playing, however I liked the game a lot and I'm not a newcomer to the series. I know Untold has a story mode which I don't plan to use.

So, is Untold worth playing over the original because of improved graphics/features or is EO1 better (ignoring newcomer-friendliness)?
>>
The only perks to playing EO1 is saying you have beat it and the immunity bug. Untold is a nice change with the improvements, the grimoires are a little 'meh' (they're improved in Untold 2), but the challenge is still there, unless you complete Story Mode and unlock the 2 additional classes that are a bit more powerful.
>>
>>331458262
EO1U is faster mechanically and fixes some balance issues from the original only to introduce its own heap of balance issues(Grimoire System). It's also easier by default and you have to increase the difficulty to Expert if you want the same kind of challenge of the original.

Personally I prefer EO1U over the original when it comes to doing other playthroughs but if you want bragging rights or just prefer the old system with no floor warping or grimoire system then play the original.
>>
>>331458549
>>331458681
What's the grimoire system?
>>
there's no reason to play the originals
this is one of those rare cases where the remake is better in every single way
except immunize
>>
>>331458806
It's Untolds way of giving you subclassing. You get items that have abilities on them from other classes that you can attach to qualifying members of your party to give them said abilities.
>>
>>331458806
The games replacement for subclassing from the later games. You fight shit(anything, really) and you might get a chance of obtaining a grimoire stone. The grimoire stone might have your own skills or monster skills on them. Grimoire Stones can be equipped by any character. So you can have a Troubadour with Medic skills, a Medic with Protector skills and what have you so long as they have the corresponding masteries also on the grimoire.

It's mostly RNG and there arent many limits as to what you can put on a grimoire stone so you can end up with some broken shit if youre dedicated enough.
>>
EOU1's got the most badass hidden boss in the entire series.
>>
>hoping EOV doesn't have grimoire stones
>it doesn't
>but also no subclassing

Shit.
>>
I've been reading and Untold seems good, it even lets you use the EO1 soundtrack, but... I don't know if I've understood this correctly, but apparently you can floor jump from a menu once you've mapped them. This is a pretty big change and ruins the sense of immersion and danger which I'd say is an important part of enjoyment. Can it be disabled?
>>
File: 14571406132027.jpg (9 KB, 241x215) Image search: [Google]
14571406132027.jpg
9 KB, 241x215
>>331459756
>you are forced to play furries and others disgusting classes if you want a balanced party
>>
>>331460184
No, but you can also just not use it if you wish. I think its a pretty good reward for fully mapping a floor, and cuts out a lot of the tedium of the game and generally results in a more challenging experience because not being forced to repeatedly wade through trash battles results in less exp. That said, there are some shenanigans you can do with it, and it could be implemented a little better.
>>
>>331459756
>>331461114
>EOV doesnt have grimoire stones
>or subclassing
>Has cute bunny girls
The only thing that would make this better is the reintroduction of Yggdroids
>>
>>331461114
but there are no bushi in eo5
>>
>>331460184
Just don't use it, man. It's entirely possible to beat the game without touching it since it can fuck you over EXPwise anyway if you always just tele to the last floor you completed.
>>
File: kup.jpg (357 KB, 1634x2512) Image search: [Google]
kup.jpg
357 KB, 1634x2512
But I don't wanna genocide the elves!
>>
File: 1416381808583.png (140 KB, 685x800) Image search: [Google]
1416381808583.png
140 KB, 685x800
>>331458262
Would you Ricky a Dicky?
>>
File: 55806418_p0.png (486 KB, 640x924) Image search: [Google]
55806418_p0.png
486 KB, 640x924
>>331461114
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.