[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best multiplayer fps of the 7th gen coming thru inb4 someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: Halo3coverart.jpg (181 KB, 791x1118) Image search: [Google]
Halo3coverart.jpg
181 KB, 791x1118
best multiplayer fps of the 7th gen coming thru
inb4 someone criticizes it for being floaty git gud.
inb4 someone compares it to halo 5, h5 has a lot more problems than just floatyness
inb4 op can be inb4
>>
>4 inb4
fuck a molten pickaxe
>>
>best single player and multiplayer of the series.
>spending hours in forge mode with your bros
I miss it
>>
>>331420046
yaeh I probably didn't need the second on since this is about 7th gen games. so, good criticism fuckface!
>>
>>331420128
it was definitely the peak of the series due to the population and how long it lasted until its own prequel came out and killed it. personally not my favorite halo either
if I were to criticize it I would say that it's just a watered down version of 2 with easiere 1-50 ranks along with not so great 4v4 maps
>blackout
>>
>>331419953
Halo 3 / Reach had great multiplayer thanks to Forge.

I remember going to matchmaking and getting a bunch of people to come back to a custom game lobby and just play peoples maps.

I remember when 4 came out, that sort of stuff kinda died out. I remember 4's forge mode being a pile of wank however.
>>
>>331421060
>I remember when 4 came out, that sort of stuff kinda died out. I remember 4's forge mode being a pile of wank however.
I felt like that about custom games whn 3 came out...I literally just played ranked
>>
Why can't Reach be DLC for the collection?
>>
>>331422673
because reach started th downfall of the series whethere or not bungie mad it. it wasn't traditional lik 1-3 and evn h2a played better than reach 4 and 5
>>
>>331422883
Nope, Reach was awesome, it is still the most played Halo.
>>
>>331423085
im pretty sure 5 has more? and even when reach first came out a yaer later the population was on par with 3 literally splitting the community in half
>>
>>331423191
also
>bloom rng as fuck
>armor lock lol what is this n64?
>worst form of sprint which 1-3 never had/needed
>gimped jump height unlike 1-3
>nuke nadee and only spawning with one (wtf is that supposed to do?)
>worst 4v4 maps unlike 1-3 (except 3 was kinda meh for maps)
>literally the worst ranking system since halo came to XBL
>>
you know
/v/ back in 2007 fucking hated halo
what happened
>>
Reach was better though
>>
>>331423668
I can criticize almost all the armor abilities too
>jet pack
ruins map control/layout
>spawning with camo
what the fuck? OP as fuck this isn't crisis and you'll never git gud by hiding in a corner cloaked
>evade
complete get outta jail free
>>
I had the more fun playing halo reach instead. I literally wasted many hours everyday for at least a year playing reach. Wether it was playing free for all death match or playing infected or getting into firefight. People make it out to be shit when it was actually really fun
>>
>>331424190
>death match
I bet you love flying those purple air planes too in btb right?
>>
>>331423770
they curled up and died like old people should, and took their shit taste with them
>>
>>331419953
>slow movement
>weak, inaccurate guns
>narrow FoV
>shit maps
>>
>>331424251
I never played big team battle because 4v4 team deathmatches were more fast paced. Many hpurs were spent on reach but I think 10 total matches were spent playing big team battle. And that's the truth
>>
>>331423668
>>331423901

Get good, really. Past certain skill gap all armor abilities will not bother you and everything will boil down to the usual Halo stuff like map and power weapon control. But it does provide more fun experience when you play with noobs. Jet pack is the only truly game-breaking ability, but it only applies to three shitty maps, two of them are forge maps the other is reflection.
>>
>>331424431
How would you know if you've never reached that level?
>>
>>331424305
am I the only one who thinks halo 3 should be re released on steam with faster movement, maps from h1 and 2/new armor and weapons along with halo 3's ranking system so pic related can get btfo?
>>331424367
ok, so what's your favourite multiplayer fps of the 7th gen then?
>>331424431
there was no skill gap
>>331424492

this
>>
>>331424251
Holy shit Banshee in Reach was mean as fuck in the right hands, you do need some sick skills to fuck shit up with it.
>>
>>331424576
Does CSGO count as a 7th gen multiplayer FPS?
If not, Shadowrun.
>>
File: cs.jpg (43 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
43 KB, 620x349
>>331424576
fuck forgot pic. fuck tactical shooters seriously..
>>
>>331424492
>How would you know if you've never reached that level?
>>331424576
>there was no skill gap

That's all you can answer?

My k/d is 2.0, BPR is 94. That's in team slayer matchmaking, no BTB banshee k/d farming and stuff.
>>
File: UNSCranks.jpg (145 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
UNSCranks.jpg
145 KB, 1024x768
>>331424660
it does, but the only thing good about is was the fact it's on pc.
I can honestly say tactical shooters don't require a whole lot of independent skill and is more so based on team work than anything. cs go was also pretty bad until they added competitive ranks
>>331424817
>my k/d
stop talking
>>
>>331424880
>tactical shooters don't require a whole lot of independent skill and is more so based on team work than anything
But Halo 3 and its Bad ol' Rifle isn't?
>>
>>331424880
>stop talking
>everything i say is right!
I see. So you just talking out of your ass. I'm sure i will wreck you sideways in Reach or H3 no matter how good your teammates would be.
>>
>>331424974
>But Halo 3 and its Bad ol' Rifle isn't?
isn't what? also you're going to complain about there being only br when cs feels like im doing the same fucking thing every round unless it's a different play which halo also has
in cs you take bomb sites, in halo you're fighting for map control as a team the whole fucking time
>>
>>331424576
Microsoft should really port it to pc, instead of the russian-p2w-bullshit.
Hopefully the guys behind anvil online/eldewrito manage to find out how to port maps into halo online.
>>
>>331425126
The Halo 3 BR was too weak an inaccurate to properly reward individual play. This is why teamshot was such a large part of the meta in that game.
>>
>>331425741
I'm not gonna lie I didn't like the h3 br either even if it was fairly balanced with the AR up close. personally liked h2/h2a much more even h4 after they patched it and made it 4 shot again
>>
>>331425146
Halo on PC would be a fucking garbage. The only reason things like sniper rifle in Halo are balanced is because of how hard it is to aim with them on a controller. You really need to have some serious skill to be good with sniper. Also cheaters would ruin the games and stingy PC cunts can't stand matchmaking or P2P connection, also P2P connection is easily exploitable on cheater heaven platform such as PC. I should also add that analog movement control is big part of Halo and PC don't have that.
>>
>>331425898
Halo 4 didn't fix any of the BR's issues except for damage. It still had just as bad spread as Halo 3's.
>>
File: Awpgo.png (95 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Awpgo.png
95 KB, 512x384
>>331425961
>The only reason things like sniper rifle in Halo are balanced is because of how hard it is to aim with them on a controller
it's just muscle memory and if you think it would be too easy on pc what the fuck do you think of pic related? it's literally 1 shot anywhere where as the halo 3 sniper works more like a scout
even the h2 sniper was better, it may have shot faster but there was no bleed though if you were missing a little bit of shield
>>
>>331426024
oh yeah I completely forgot about the kickback/recoil or w/e it was
>>
>>331426170
The AWP has balancing measures to try and nerf it, though(inaccurate from the hip, slows movement), and other weapons can also kill near instantly.

Halo lacks all of these.
>>
>>331426716
can't scope in when being shot in halo
cs lacks that. inaccurate or not. I've got some pretty retarded no scopes with it completely based on luck
>>
>>331427010
Halo snipers are as accurate from the hip as they are scoped.
>>
>>331427010
also forgot to add that at very common ranges the awp will just completely fuck shit because of the ak having some ridiculous close range rng
>camping back a with AWP on dust2
>get a free kill when they push cat every round
>>
>>331427127
>Halo snipers are as accurate from the hip as they are scoped.
except with a controller there's no aim assist...wonder how'd that work on pc?
probably have to push him with a team mate just like cs
>>
>>331427312
also forgot to add theres a lot of things you can do to avoid being shot by a snipre just like in cs. if you're up close and personal you can't make it harder for them to no scope you by jumping around as long as it's h2 gravity and not h3
>>
>>331427590
in cs what do you do? throw a smoke or Molotov and they move to another spot? lol
I also find it hilarious how I can go behind a box in cs and come out the other side and people will lose me...they're just awful
>>
>>331424576
>steam
A Steam release will more than likely happen by Christmas, seeing as MS keeps putting small Halo games on the platform and is now enabling crossplay with a few games and Steam.

Just keep sending them letters. They'll take your money.
>>
>>331427931
but I also want thee same halo 3 matchmaking playlists/ranked/social and thee MLG playlist
maybe a better remake of lockout too. also throw warlock and beaver creek in there as well and im happy. oh and sanctuary too since it's better than the pit narrows and construct
>>
>good taste board
>could actually talk about video games as well as shitpost
>memes and OC that were actually decent
>all on topic good discussion
>furries
>DAE remember halo and cod?!?
>e celeb shit
>gamergate shit
>even shitter moderators
>terrible, unfunny memes (I want to fuck that ______)
>/pol/
>tumblr
>reddit
Where did it all go wrong
>>
>>331428439
>caring this much about an anonymous board where literally nothing anyone says matters
I feel sorry for you
>>
>>331428692
I don't care that much, it doesn't exactly take effort to comment
Why do you care so much about what I said, faggot
>>
>>331429024
most redundant post on 4chan right here
>>
>>331429203
you just won that title
>>
>>331422404
How it feel to have missed out on possibly the greatest online multiplayer experience?
>those custom infection maps with unique goals like climbing the tower
>fat kid
>those obstacle courses/race tracks while one dude tries to snipe/rocket everyone doing them
>>
>>331429641
>>331429641
>>331429641
This
Halo 3s custom games were like separate games themselves. I played system link custom games last year and it was the best time I had playing a game in long while. Reach and on fucked up forge making it was impossible to use any of the gimmicks that made halo 3 custom games great

In other words, halo 3 was mediocre, but its community made it amazing
>>
>>331429641
Zombies maps were shit after the 20th time they're played in every lobby.
Just play gmod if you want dumb shit like that.
>>
>>331424817
a high k/d actually means you're trash because you aren't actually playing against good competition.
>>
ITT: bunch of fags who didnt own an original xbox and think 3 and reach were the height of the series
>>
>>331432791
>no forge
>limited custom games options
The best experience on the originals I have is playing the campaign with a buddy and getting bored and death matching while also being attacked by the ayys or warthog/ghost tricks on the first halo level and island level
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.