[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Fallout 4 should have been thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: vaulty.jpg (118 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
vaulty.jpg
118 KB, 600x450
Face it: Fallout 4 was casual as fuck.

Let's add content/ sidequests that should have been in the game :

Being able to join the bandits against the Minutmen during the Museum of Freedom mission
Being able to become a raider and create your own gang the same way you're able to create your settlements.

Being able to join the DC guards, with a hierarchy and eventually become the town's sherif or guard's leader or whatever.

Being able to join the Children of Atome

Being able to be a drug dealer

Being able to be a slaver.

Being able to murder Elder Maxson and take his place as Leader of the Brotherhood.

Being able to take McDonough's place as mayor of Diamond City.

More character and NPC's development as the game goes on.

Being able to explore more memories at the Memory Den. A cool sidequest for that could have been to kill special rare ghouls and collect their memories .

Persuade McDonough to welcome ghouls in Diamond City again.

Bounty Hunter quests.

Skyrim-like police and prison mechanics.

More towns / villages / settlements. In the vanilla game there's Diamond City and that's it.

What do you think should have been added to the game?
>>
k, new vegas is like the best games ever so who cares.
>>
FO3 > 4
>>
>>331418289
K squeaker thanks for your participation.
>>
I know it is a cheap answer but once we get the mod tools things like that could happen.
>>
>>331418501
kek get the fuck out kid.
>>
>>331418639
I think so too. But it still sucks because Fallout's franchise is gonna be more and more casual as time pass by. Unless Bethesda wakes the fuck up.
>>
>>331418175
>Being able to become a raider and create your own gang the same way you're able to create your settlements.
I'm sure someone will mod this once the CK is released. Weren't there a bunch of faction mods for F3?
>>
>>331418501
FO3 = FO4 = Shit
>>
>>331418754
Most of them sucked and were buggy as hell because well mods. I'm not blaming the modders, just the fact that these kinda contents aren't in the vanilla game. If modders can do it then lazy af Bethesda can do it too.
>>
File: 1455587750791.jpg (26 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
1455587750791.jpg
26 KB, 600x503
>>331418741
Not gonna happen.
They can basically get away with anything now, so why even try?
>>
>>331418857
Well to Bethesda's credit Fallout 4 was SLIGHTLY better than FO3 in a story/narrative point of view.
>>
File: Preston_Garvey[1].jpg (670 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Preston_Garvey[1].jpg
670 KB, 1920x1080
>>331418175
>Bounty Hunter quests.
You mean a settlement needs our help?
>>
>>331418941
Sure, but FO3 is a better RPG.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (50 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
50 KB, 500x365
>>331418894
I still have hopes that Bethtesda won't fuck up Fallout 5 or/and will allow Obsidian to make another Fallout game.
>>
>>331418175
Pipe guns arent as common, but you as a player could craft pipe guns for any ammo you had if you had the materials.
Imagine makeshift rocket lanchers that would lanch rocket only 10 feet

Gun break down and repair nessacary.

Could kill party members

Could have 3 follows at a time, maybe only one main and two no bodies.

Sell your services as a merc and kill off settlements. In addition, could join and run the gunners.

More under armors. Make suits and dresses under armor.

Ability to repair and modify cosmetics of armors, painting them and the sort

Since obviously people from the west can make it eastx maybe more people talking about the west. I want to know more about new vegas or calafonia.
>>
>>331419074
True. Fallout 4 isn't even an RPG. It's a FPS pretending to be an RPG.
>>
>>331419517
>Since obviously people from the west can make it eastx maybe more people talking about the west. I want to know more about new vegas or calafonia.

Agree, to me one of the best moment in Fallout 4 was when you explored Kellogg's memories and you had loads of lore and easter-eggs about previous Fallouts and the West Coast.
>>
>>331418941
F4 is just as boring, uninspired and devoid of creativity as F3 was.
>>
>>331419578
I was so disappointed by Fallout 4. Couldn't even force myself to finish it.
>>
>>331418175
It just needed much less copy-pasted content, and a fuckload of complexity.

Also a completely different response system because the hyper-simple dialogue wheel is fucking atrocious. I want to know why they think that console players can't just read from a fucking list.
>>
>>331419847

You didn't miss anything, except the kinda cool storyline. I was shocked when I found out I'd completed the main quest in less than 30 hours. like 30 HOURS . And it took me only 100 hours more to complete the whole game. I've been playing FNV for more than 400 hours and I'm still discovering new things.
>>
>>331420227
I'm so happy that FO4 is only 30$ in my country. I can't imagine myself paying 60 for this game.
>>
>>331420119
>Also a completely different response system because the hyper-simple dialogue wheel is fucking atrocious. I want to know why they think that console players can't just read from a fucking list.

I know right? I thought the dialogue system was in beta when we first heard about it back at E3 .
But NOPE.
>>
>>331420227
>I've been playing FNV for more than 400 hours and I'm still discovering new things.
Are you seriously, though, because it only took me like 150 hours to get all the quests done across all storylines.

The map is really kinda... small.
>>
>>331420409
400 hours divided in different playthroughs . And yes the map is small but the quests are just superb and offer lots of differents choices, hence different playthroughs. And don't forget about the DLC which added lots of content.
>>
>>331420672
I don't know, man, I think you're stretching.

But then I probably could have gotten another 100 hours out of it if I didn't make the critical mistake of installing the J Sawyer and AWOP mod at the same time. Burned out so fast I was like the human drag car.
>>
>>331418175
Obsidian should just make make these games from now on desu familia.
>>
File: fnv.png (20 KB, 305x95) Image search: [Google]
fnv.png
20 KB, 305x95
>>331420780
I'm not stretching, I'm just taking my time .
>>
>>331418175
being able to unite 2-3 factions against 1 faction for a big fuck all battle.

institute being more of a threat, a few synth raiding parties is not all that threatening.

reach a point in the game where all out war happens all over the common wealth

fight your son in power armor(preferably in x-01).

institute should have been equipped with more than just shitty laser rifles

remove liberty prime or have it fight another prime

being able to talk some sense into all the idiot leaders.

join synth hunting missions

high medicine and science = heal your son
>>
>>331418175
>How Fallout 4 should have been
Given to Obsidian
>>
>>331419480
I have hope that they will let Obsidian do it, But no hope in bethesda making a good one.
>>
>>331418175
>"How Fallout 4 should have been"
Either New Vegas 2 or Van Buren.
But almost anything besides what we got would have been better.
>>
>>331421139
>high medicine and science
That's still stuff you've learned in teh commonwealth while the Institute is full of scientists who have been researching this stuff for centuries.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.