[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play MGSV >do first mission: the spetnaz elimination >ride
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Spetznaz_Commander.png (88 KB, 242x336) Image search: [Google]
Spetznaz_Commander.png
88 KB, 242x336
>play MGSV
>do first mission: the spetnaz elimination
>ride horseback into the base
>shoot him in the head
>leave horse and steal jeep

i feel like i'm not doing the stealh thing right. i tried at first to extract a bunch after tranquilizing, but they had the whole area covered so i just took out tower guards first. two were on turrents on the back and so i just decided to bait them by rolling around the garbage bin. they got suspicious and went around, so i got on my horse and shot him through the window opening. they went "nooo blyat" or whatever and i stole a jeep while being shot at. is this the right approach?
>>
>>331410620
>is this the right approach?

No. Don't fall for the trap of thinking you have to tranq and extract everyone. Leveling up mother base is almost completely pointless. Just blow shit up and have fun while you can.
>>
>>331410641
also when i conceal while on horseback they still notice me. and kaz got mad at tranquilizing the dog to evac him. this shit is whack.
>>
For an actual stealth run, tranq/knockout guards in towers and area near it, carry them away from the area and then fulton them so the others inside the base don't see them. Do same with Spetsnaz dude.
>>
>>331410770
can you extract the commander?

i tried to get most of the guards on the north end but they don't rotate enough off their lookout, so i had very few openings other than taking out a tower guard and slipping near the walls to get inside.
>>
>>331410753
The horse does not make you invisible, it just lowers their likelihood to see you to an extent.

If you are right next to them and/or speeding towards them, they are certainly going to notice you.
>>
mgsv isn't really a hard game, you'll get a feel for how it wants you to play soon enough
>>
>>331410852
Yeah, you can.

You do not need to take out most the guards, just the ones near his position.

You just need to make an opening for yourself to carry the commander out and then fulton him out.

If you're just going to kill him, though, use a sniper.
>>
There isn't a right approach you stupid cunt
>>
>>331410620

Just play the game like you want to, stop thinking you're forced to play it somehow.

I love being stealthy so I play stealthy. But you're completely allowed to go balls deep and fuck shit up.
>>
>>331410620
>turrent
>>
>>331410620
The only real reason to use stealth in this game is if you're interested in getting the complete story since a lot of that comes from squatting behind a box and listening to soldier conversations during missions. Most missions will have doing just that as extra objectives anyways.
>>
>>331410620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y99wWBJF72g

Play like this.
>>
The funnest way is to not rely on the tranq gun, try to sneak around without knocking people out, and use cqc when you do.
With just magazines you can do a lot. Feels more tense and doesn't trivialise the gameplay like some of the weapons.
>>
>>331410620
>turrent

what the fuck man
>>
>given mission to sneak into the enemy base and take out their comm equipment
>tell chopper to land directly in enemy camp
>take out all targets with minigun and leave
That's why you're the best, Boss.
>>
>>331410620
MGS is babby's first stealth game
>>
>>331410620
MGSV gives you an extensive toolset to play both stealth and loud. That's why the best way of experiencing the game is to play both ways. If you fuck up the stealth part, you can always ask a friendly helicopter to guide you to the extraction with rocket pods.
>>
>>331411497
>he just charges into the jeep

my fucking sides why
>>
>>331411497
oh i didn't know you could whistle for the horse. and how did the guards not see him sprint through the fucking entrance?
>>
File: CXoU-YcWkAAi-t3.jpg (80 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
CXoU-YcWkAAi-t3.jpg
80 KB, 600x480
it doesnt matter in this game nearly as much as it does in other games. complete missions however you want. as long as you're having fun, it's fine. you're nuclear, after all
>>
>>331411497
is this zeixpe's son
>>
File: Sheldon.jpg (35 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
Sheldon.jpg
35 KB, 333x500
>>331410620
I run about punching everyone in the face and futoning them until I own the base
>>
>>331410620
MGSV is weird with its stealth.

Just keep spamming tranq, tranq, tranq for that S-rank.
>>
>>331414131
>spam tranq for s-rank
nah
just go through really fast for s-rank
>>
>>331414242
does the s-rank drop if you get spotted?
>>
File: 1454171703872.jpg (311 KB, 1280x1091) Image search: [Google]
1454171703872.jpg
311 KB, 1280x1091
>>331414312
the number of points you get drops, but you probably wont drop the s-rank unless you're seen a lot

time is a huge factor in s-ranks

you need 130k points or more for an s
>>
>>331414312
I did what OP did the other day. My PS3 online money still exists, but it's counted as a new game on the PS4. Time negates do overs and alerts. I got an S-Rank on the first mission, even after continuing from the last checkpoint. Then again, this was using the latest update (nerfs galore).
>>
>>331411936
let me guess, you think splinter cell is better
eh. aight
>>
>Killing Silent Mastodon

He did literally nothing wrong
>>
S-Ranks are time based. You'll get extra points for: No Retries, Complete Stealth, No Kills and/or No Firing (which means using absolutely no items). You can still S-Rank with a bunch of murders and retries if youre fast enough.
>>
>>331410620
You can snipe him from the place you spawn in if you know where he id through a door.
>>
>>331416936
>>331416936
i didn't have a sniper selected when i started the mission but i'll keep that in mind. if that's the case why should i even bother with bringing him alive? also, how do you get an extraction chopper to come down? i ended up going out of the hot zone.

i made a thread theme to facilitate further discussion https://clyp.it/gc0z5hzt
>>
>>331410620
Just play however you like. That's the beauty of it. Myself, I usually try to go for no-kill runs in the missions, but lay waste in the side ops since you're not graded there.
>>
>>331410741
>Don't fall for the trap of thinking you have to tranq and extract everyone
I played this game with my brother. I was almost infuriating watching him tranq and extract literally everyone he came across. Even if he spotted a few soldiers in a direction he wasn't even going, he'd go out of his way to tranq and extract them all.
>>
>>331418016
i also did this, i thought ill be rewarded in some way
>>
>>331418016
>>331418183
>Challenge Task Complete!
>You are rewarded two useless Mortars!
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.