[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mafia 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: mafia3img-1438727499285.jpg (405 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mafia3img-1438727499285.jpg
405 KB, 1920x1080
will it be worth a rental?
>>
>>331405696
Yeah
>>
>renting games

Who does this
>>
>>331405696
Is the main character Italian/Argentinian mixed or something?
>>
>>331405696
Nope
>>
>>331405746
GameShareBD is bretty good
>>
>>331405759
Well there's a black chick too, so I'd say they don't really care about accuracy.
>>
>>331405759
he's mixed with black and a white person that's all we know.
>>
>>331405928
Well there are a lot of non-italians that were considered associates or underlings. They just couldn't move up in the ranks. Not sure if a mixed person could.
>>
>>331406047
I would actually be legitimately shocked if any of the non-Italians were actually treated that way.
>>
>>331405696
WE
>>
>>331406158
>>331406047
You're not in the mafia from what I've heard guys, it's more of a revenge tale where you take down the mafia who fucked you over when you did work with them. But that might be inaccurate, I've not seen much of any great sources for that.

Mafia 2 was seriously a fucking excellent, insanely well polished game though, so I've got pretty high hopes for this, if they keep it in the same sort of style.

Ignore the /pol/ posting retards though, nothing about this game really seems to be about black supremacy, no matter how much they shit post.
>>
>>331407638
WUS
>>
>rental

what year is it
>>
>>331405696
>will it be worth a rental?

the only reason anyone is talking about it is because muh race issues. all the gameplay shown so far is complete trash.
>>
What a waste.

After Mafia II, they could go in so many different directions.

Fuck, if they wanted to some kind of different organized crime unit, the Irish Mob and the Triad were already well produced they could just build off of them.

But instead they create this shit.

>>331408008
One of the developers said that game talks about racism and things like "black men being accosted by police," which is a convenient time to release something like this.

Instead of actually focusing on a good game, they decided that they would instead develop something meant for the sole purpose of getting sales through pandering with political commentary.

And, as always, this will fail. When you isolate the people who were fans of your original games to go after a completely different demographic that has probably never played your games, you end up losing a lot of support.
>>
I will pirate it. If there will be denuvo I'll buy it and refund it. I just want to see this BlackLivesMafia3
>>
>>331408287
>One of the developers said that game talks about racism and things like "black men being accosted by police," which is a convenient time to release something like this.

They were also major aspects of the time period, and were touched on a fair bit in the prequels.

>Instead of actually focusing on a good game

The game's not even out yet, how could you possibly know whether it's any good or not?

>they decided that they would instead develop something meant for the sole purpose of getting sales through pandering with political commentary.

For one, something having a black character that's treated in a way appropriately to the time period its set in doesn't count as political pandering, it's just being historically accurate. And you keep talking about how they're doing it for the explicit purpose of getting political attention, instead of it being a different take on what's already a well proven formula.

All of the advertising campaigns so far have focused pretty heavily on the fact that it's still a game based around the mafia, you're not a black supremacist, and I wouldn't be surprised if you just get killed at the end.

>When you isolate the people who were fans of your original games to go after a completely different demographic that has probably never played your games, you end up losing a lot of support.

You do realise that the target audience isn't defined by the race of the main character, right? Was GTA:San Andreas designed exclusively for black people to jerk off over how they're so much better than white people? Did it having a black character make it a flop?

It's going after the exact same demographic, and you need to realise that most people who play games aren't retarded /pol/posters like you that throw tantrums when the main character of a game isn't white.
>>
>>331408836
>They were also major aspects of the time period, and were touched on a fair bit in the prequels.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't a fucking impossible story.

>The game's not even out yet, how could you possibly know whether it's any good or not?

Look at the gameplay videos. It doesn't look nearly as refined as Mafia II did.

>For one, something having a black character that's treated in a way appropriately to the time period its set in doesn't count as political pandering, it's just being historically accurate. And you keep talking about how they're doing it for the explicit purpose of getting political attention, instead of it being a different take on what's already a well proven formula.

There's a difference between being historically accurate and using historical accuracy as a way to pander to a new audience. If they wanted to use a proven formula, they could just do that by releasing a sequel to what was already successful, the cosa nostra style Mafia setting.

>You do realise that the target audience isn't defined by the race of the main character, right? Was GTA:San Andreas designed exclusively for black people to jerk off over how they're so much better than white people? Did it having a black character make it a flop?

Nobody cared that CJ was black, you faggot. GTA:SA is one of the best games every made. What sounds more realistic to you?

>Black guy from Psuedo Los Angeles in a gang and dealing with corrupt police officers in the early 90's

or

>Black guy who used to be apart of the Mafia for some fucking reason, and was screwed over by them, and now spends his time killing Mafia members, with the help of an Irish guy, a black woman, and Vito, a guy who hates both of those groups.

>It's going after the exact same demographic, and you need to realise that most people who play games aren't retarded /pol/posters like you that throw tantrums when the main character of a game isn't white.
>>
>>331409437
cont.

It's not because the MC is black, you faggot. It's because the story is just an impossible story.
>>
File: no feels left.gif (2 MB, 288x219) Image search: [Google]
no feels left.gif
2 MB, 288x219
>watching gameplay footage
>looks like Saints Row
>cry and replay Mafia
>>
Mafia - 10/10 perfect game

Mafia 2 - 6/10 enjoyable game

Mafia 3 - Shitty Saints Row clone which will mostly likely be a 3/10

what went wrong
>>
File: 1rgoNG7.jpg (157 KB, 1147x667) Image search: [Google]
1rgoNG7.jpg
157 KB, 1147x667
>>331410247
He left
>>
>>331409437
>It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't a fucking impossible story.

How is this an impossible story? The mafia is documented as working with people of other races, and it's absolutely possible that they could fuck one over and cause a gang war.

>Look at the gameplay videos. It doesn't look nearly as refined as Mafia II did.

Looks pretty alright to me, I'll reserve judgement either way until release though, they could fuck it up completely.

>There's a difference between being historically accurate and using historical accuracy as a way to pander to a new audience. If they wanted to use a proven formula, they could just do that by releasing a sequel to what was already successful, the cosa nostra style Mafia setting.

What's the difference anon? It's fine to be historically accurate unless that historical accuracy raises issues that are also kind of around in the modern world? There's no way they could have done a story from the Mafia point of view without just retelling the Mafia 2 story, it used pretty much every feature of that setting possible.

>Nobody cared that CJ was black, you faggot. GTA:SA is one of the best games every made. What sounds more realistic to you?

And nobody fucking cares that this character is black either, except for /pol/tards like you that inject your racial biases into fucking everything. You can't just claim that changing a characters race means it's for a different demographic and will be shit, unless it's this game in which case it didn't do that and was also one of the best games ever, that's just blatantly proving yourself wrong.

The black guy was never part of the mafia, have you even researched this game at all? Or do you think that being an associate of the mafia is the same as being int it? Because either way, you're a fucking idiot who should actually look into things before he spouts opinions about how they're just racebait. Did you even play 2, either? Vito hates the mafia by the end, and kills everal members..
>>
>>331410427
>Looks pretty alright to me
>bengal lights on bullet impact
>cars explode for no reason
>pretty alright
>>
>>331410247
>what went wrong

all the original devs are long gone. mafia 2 has more cut content than every obsidian game and phantom pain combined. 3 is a design by committee game.
>>
File: ASDF.jpg (91 KB, 1268x668) Image search: [Google]
ASDF.jpg
91 KB, 1268x668
>bump into the car
>it explodes
>>
>>331410519
>this visual effect means it sucks
>one minor thing that could easily be changed by release or in a patch means it sucks

You're an idiot anon, and shouldn't talk about videogames at all.

Though admittedly cars exploding only if you absolutely do insane amounts of damage to them or shoot the gas tanks was great in 2, I don't see why they'd have cut that.
>>
>>331410427

>And nobody fucking cares that this character is black either, except for /pol/tards like you that inject your racial biases into fucking everything. You can't just claim that changing a characters race means it's for a different demographic and will be shit, unless it's this game in which case it didn't do that and was also one of the best games ever, that's just blatantly proving yourself wrong.

I just got finished saying that it doesn't matter that the character is black. You're intentionally spouting bullshit.

>The black guy was never part of the mafia, have you even researched this game at all?

And we go back to the original problem. Why is the game called Mafia III?

>Because either way, you're a fucking idiot who should actually look into things before he spouts opinions about how they're just racebait. Did you even play 2, either? Vito hates the mafia by the end, and kills everal members..

If you actually played 2 AND 1, you wouldn't have such retarded opinions.
>>
>>331410710
>You're an idiot anon, and shouldn't talk about videogames at all.
You know, you are right about one thing. I shouldn't talk about videogames with imbeciles like you.
>>
>>331410750
>I just got finished saying that it doesn't matter that the character is black. You're intentionally spouting bullshit.

Except for when you claimed him being black was important because the game is just pandering to current political issues, right?

>Why is the game called Mafia III?

Because it's still focused around the Italian mafia, and includes well established characters from the series.

>If you actually played 2 AND 1, you wouldn't have such retarded opinions.

Damn, you're right, number 1 totally would have proven me wrong in the fact that Vito objectively kills several made men by the end of 2, and that you acting like he's completely out of place doing the same in 3 is ridiculous.

>>331410787
Fuck man, you roasted me good. You're right though, a couple minor flaws does mean it sucks.
>>
>>331411356
Can we see your Hangar 13 badge already?
>>
>rental

I don't remember the last time I rented a game.

I'd pirate it just for the New Orleans setting.
>>
>>331408106
KAINGZ
>>
>>331411482
Resorting to calling me a shill already? I'll take that as meaning you have nothing of any note to actually say then.
>>
>>331411709
It's just a minor thing, it can be easily fixed.
>>
You know, people who defend and buy shitty games deserve to have their money taken. So let this poor fucker be.
>>
>>331411709
Your opening argument was that I was racist and from /pol/.

The game was rigged from the start.
>>
>>331408287
Probably in the 70s, Vietnam vet. In that time black organized gangs existed including but not limited to the black panthers.

I think it works in a lot of ways. It's just due to our similar politics between now and then it's controversial.which is good for them because it means it might sell better.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.