[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that kid who would make up complete bullshit >talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (39 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39 KB, 450x600
>that kid who would make up complete bullshit
>talk about things in games that never happened because it sounds cool then justifies it as being "secret"
>says he did things like hack Left 4 Dead so he could play as Alex Mercer from Prototype
>or Dante from DMC in Prototype
>had a "friend" who made video games and spewed bullshit about what kinda game his friend is making so he sounds cool

Why do these people exist?
>>
>>331383465
because they want attention
>>
>>331383465
If youre young enough to have childhood memories of people talking about l4d and prototype, I'm gonna need you to fuck off
>>
>there are people on /v/ right now who were kids when Prototype came out
>>
What are these things called?

I've always called them JRPG Pants and people know what I mean.
>>
File: 1318623532581.jpg (105 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1318623532581.jpg
105 KB, 740x740
>>331383791
Thanks for reminding me
>>
>>331383760
Lefr 4 Dead came out in 2008, 8 years ago.

People old enough to post on 4chan were 10 back then.

OP is probably 21-22 or something.
>>
>>331383858
tripp pants
>>
>>331383951
Prototype came out in 2009.
>>
>>331383465
Plenty of kids do that. Although it was a lot easier to get away with bullshitting like that before someone could just look it up on the internet. I had a friend that was always telling me about different fake masks in Majora's Mask and I loved hearing it. I was really bad at the game, so I only had a few and he would tell me about stuff like the "lava mask" that let you shoot beams of lava. It was really entertaining lunchtime talk.

>>331383858
They're just called "chain pants" funnily enough.
>>
>had a friend who would always lie about video games
>we could never prove him wrong because he'd just say he had a special copy or some shit
>friends and I decided to start making up video games and ask him if he owned them
>"oh yeah, i have afro wars"
>every few weeks a new sequel to afro wars would come out
>he always said he owned them

I wonder what happened to that kid,
>>
>>331384091
Still, 7 years, if OP was 11 or older at the time, it checks out.
>>
>>331383465
>that kid who did all this shit in HIGH SCHOOL
Like seriously nigga, grow the fuck up.
It worked in middle school kind of but we all have cell phones to look this shit up.

I swear to god there better not be people doing this when I get to college this fall.
Of course Im going to an engineering and science college so I'm not hopeful.
>>
>>331383465
I had a friend like this.
>Yeah I beat the new Pokemon game
>I caught mewtwo and mew in the same pokeball
>"wow, can you do that for me"
>give him game
>gives me back game
>stuck on cinnabar island with no money, no pokeballs, and a rattata as the only pokemon I had (he released the rest)
Fuck you Scott
>>
>>331383465
I knew one of those guys. He'd tell me about a direct sequel to Riviera: The Promised Land of all things.
>>
>>331384658
Average age of /v/ goer is 23-24, to me prototype being a childhood memory is just ridiculous because my childhood video game memory was snes, sega genesis and a gameboy that my grandfather bought and never let me take home because he liked to play
>>
File: 22-15-25-1458098465067.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
22-15-25-1458098465067.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>331385461

Well then fuck you and your precious memories. Not everyone shares the same memories as you, you pretentious, egotistical, fuck.
>>
File: mrskele.jpg (20 KB, 370x363) Image search: [Google]
mrskele.jpg
20 KB, 370x363
>>331383791
it's time to move on, guys
>>
>>331385715
I'm sorry to trigger you kid I'll watch what I say next time, wouldn't wanna penetrate that pale silky skin you fucking nerd
>>
>>331385461
I'm 21 and all my fond memories are PS2/DS related.

Not everyone is the same as you.
>>
>>331385461
>Average age of /v/ goer is 23-24
Sure they are senpai. Just like everyone claims to be 6'6" and 120 lbs on this board right?

>>331383465
>says he did things like hack Left 4 Dead so he could play as Alex Mercer from Prototype

Technically he coulda done that with mods.

>That feel when "that kid" stories are now true for this newer generation thanks to modding.
>>
>>331385976
>Just like everyone claims to be 6'6" and 120 lbs on this board right?

Jesus Christ. I didn't realize there were so many skeletons on this board. I gotta get out of here.
>>
>>331385976
>that kid who said he could play NES games on his computer
>that day that kid brought his clunky ancient laptop to school and showed me
My mind was blown.
>>
>>331383858
Rave pants.
>>
>>331386167
>play games on snes emulator from a cd friend gave me
>loved those old school rpgs
>can't save anything
>spent years playing that shit from time to time but was frustrated that it wouldn't save so I couldn't finish anything

>long after suddenly realize why I can't save
> the reason I couldn't save was because I was playing from a fucking cd and the emulator needed to create a new file whenever you saved
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.