[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were going to make a game what would you choose to create?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
If you were going to make a game what would you choose to create?

I've always wanted to make a game like Halo, kinda a combination and refinement of the first three games with a few elements that are nice from the later games, like the improved Forge options from Reach, and give people to enable the pistol while holding the flag in their customs Halo 5 has, but the main inspiration being from Halo 1-3.
Maybe have not actually ODSTs for copyright reasons, but still ODST players possible in custom games to change things up, like how Spartans and Elites had different stats in Reach. Maybe tune the ODST's gameplay specifically to work for gamemodes like SWAT.

I think it would be a really fun game to make. And be a PC game that has Splitscreen support just as a middle finger to Halo 5.
>>
Anyone know how easy making a 3rd person action platformer from scratch/blueprint is?

I tried the "default" 3rd person setting, it was too unresponsive I feel. Jumps were not variable enough.
>>
>>331367465

I'd make a game like Civilization, but instead of focusing on war. I'd focus on creating a feel like you're really in control of a civilization. You'd be able to make your own civilization, customize what your race looks like and leaders will die and be born similar to what they do in crusader kings 2. Relationships with other civilizations will be complex and you'll be able to build lasting alliances with other nations
>>
>>331368902
Do any games really do diplomacy well at all?
>>
renegade x
>>
>>331370021
Multiplayer games.
>>
Always wanted to do a game inspired by Samurai Champloo and Moribito. Venturing and journeying through the countryside, looking at all the sights, kickass music, etc.
>>
>>331367465
Either a western Valkyrie chronicle clone or a FO2 clone.
>>
One Piece mmo. Open world/seas. Your guild is your pirate crew. Fruits drop from open world bosses or can he found in super rare chest on islands
>>
>>331370384
Valkyria*
>>
>>331370384
>a western Valkyrie chronicle clone
There are tons of western turn based strategy games from the 90s to early 00s.
>>
>>331370384
Why not both?

I've kinda wanted to make a game like MGSV meets Jagged Alliance meets Fallout 2 meet Dwarf Fortress. Just like you run a PMC, doin missions, exploring the world and stuff, building up your power levels are shit, would be fun.
>>
>>331370021

No, they don't. I wonder why that is ? Can it really be that hard to program ?

I have a couple of ideas of my own on how to implement a decent diplomacy system.

Now if only I can get enough money so that I can work on making games full time.
>>
>>331370524
Meant occidental, westernized.
>>
>>331370384
Have you played Undertale? It pretty much lifts the combat / skill / perk system from the original Fallout games, and it's pretty fucking solid.
>>
>>331370654
Fuck, obviously meant Underrail.
>>
>>331370539
So, something like Xcom with the real time turn based gameplay of VC?
>>
>>331370857

>real time turn based

Wat ?
>>
>>331370545
>Can it really be that hard to program ?

>Can realistic, nuanced artificial intelligence really be that hard to program?

Anon...
>>
>>331371108
When you take your turn, moving/action is in real time.
>>
>>331370857
But with open world exploration and creating your own base as a static location. With actual building and fortification, and having to manage supply and stuff, do stuff like take over enemy camps call in a supply truck to raid the place, go around taking guns and gear off of eliminated enemies to add to your faction's supplies.
Stuff like that.
>>
>>331371118

Well maybe not 100 % realistic but I'm sure it can be done a lot better than what most games today are able to achieve.

Then again I can't say for sure. I've never tried to program one myself. But I'd like to.
>>
>>331367465
>If you were going to make a game what would you choose to create?

Either something like a 3D kirby or a game similar to a From Soft action RPG
>>
First person photography game set in a civil war torn country or on the border of that country and another country that is at peace. Stealth is paramount to do the missions but you can get guns and melee weapons. You're given missions by your employer to go to places and events to cover them and your photos are graded and your pay is based on how good your photos are. You can also do missions for each faction to either turn the tide of the war or to shift public opinion with your photos. You can't just go and do all the missions for all sides though, I would like it if there was some limiting with that somehow.

A turn based strategy game similar to X-COM Apocalypse but set on a small island/archipelago near an abyss and instead of aliens it's fish creatures attacking you. You start just fending them off but soon you manipulate yourself to be able to live underwater and the game shifts to an underwater city right next to the abyss where you keep fending off attacks but also go into the abyss to attack the fish creatures directly. Instead of psi powers magic is used. This magic is both gained and powered by sacrificing live captured fish creatures to their own gods, of which there are many who bestow different types of powers and I would probably want to limit how many could be given to a single person. Initial tech is late 1800s/early 1900s but along with developing means to live underwater new weapons are developed to fit that aesthetic.

I have certain ideas for other game mechanics in both but those are just the general ideas.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.