[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will these shitty Destiny clones stop? >no memorable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
When will these shitty Destiny clones stop?
>no memorable characters
>pseudo character that let's you do jack shit
>no story
>everyone looks the same
>endless grind of sameface mobs that have no mechanics other than being bullet sponges
>
>>
Unfortunately, whenever people stop buying them. And that'll be a long time from now judging by how well this shit sold.
>>
>>331366461
great pvp, mobs will charge you and outflank you.
>>
>h-here I go!
>>
>follow a group of streamers on twitch
>all basically nobodies who are all buddies with one another and stream together
>they are all trying out the beta together
>had to see them come to the realization that "yep, this is all this game is, this is boring as hell"
>they still bought the game anyway
>i figured out why

This game, and a lot of other games nowadays have a devious formula involved.

I'm not talkin about the usual skinner box formula at all.

I'm talking about the game preying on the natural passive aggressive nature of people who play video games when it comes to playing stuff with friends.

No one wants to be that one person who quits playing a game because the second someone stops playing a co op/multiplayer/play with your friends game, everyone else takes the chance to stop playing to one by one because that one person "broke up the group".

So everyone is nervously playing the game, bored out of their mind, hoping SOMEONE ELSE takes the bullet so they themselves can stop playing.

Everyone acted like they had a gun to their head if they weren't enjoying the game.

It was so painful to see these people, grown adults, doing this to themselves and one another.

No one wants to be the one who breaks up the group.
>>
>>331367050
jesus christ normies with friends sounds fuckin pathetic
>>
Are these games considered MMOs?
>>
>>331366461
I think that's more an Ubisoft thing than anything else
>>
>>331366461
where are all the destiny clones?
destiny
division

yeah, we need at least 10-20 games in 3-4 years for this to be a problem like it was for Doom, you fucking children.
>>
File: 1360959617800.png (21 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1360959617800.png
21 KB, 700x700
>>331367593
>>331366461

what they all really are, are Warframe clones
>>
>>331366461
is this the first tom clancy game that has been decent?
>>
>>331366461
Welcome to the new age. This is the new normiebait genre.
>>
>>331367678
jesus...

YOUR RIGHT!

i need to crunch the numbers
ill be back and pray to god that im not right...
>>
>>331367729
No, this is the second Tom Clancy game that has been bad
>>
File: 12352626.gif (466 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
12352626.gif
466 KB, 480x270
>>331367593
someone explain to me how Division is a Destiny clone?

What the fuck is even a Destiny clone?

There were games released before Destiny that had the same kind of playstyle like Defiance and Warframe.
>>
>>331367889

>game with incredibly shallow gameplay that focuses on an extremely casual EXP/item grind to keep playing coming back for more as they see the numbers increasing slightly

same shit with borderlands and destiny

theyre addicting to casuals and retards for the exact same reason mmos are so popular
>>
>>331367678

Warframe at least had coptering and shit
>>
File: 1440297370081.png (368 KB, 561x816) Image search: [Google]
1440297370081.png
368 KB, 561x816
>>331367050
Nah fuck that. If I don't like the shit I'm not forcing myself to play it. There are plenty of other games out there and if they complain about not playing together then they need to broaden their horizon and try some new stuff. Forget making myself suffer so we can suffer together. It helps that my friend thought this game was shit and my other friend is a casual but still.
>>
>>331367889
>There were games released before Destiny that had the same kind of playstyle like Defiance and Warframe.
There were games released before Doom that had the same kind of playstyle like Wolfenstein =3
>>
>>331367050
I met a group of amazing people after playing solo Destiny for months and only using LFG. Not buying The Division after everyone else decided to get it was so hard but I figure we're good enough friends now we'll still stay in touch and them playing The Division allows me to play some other games from the backlog in the meantime. But yea honestly the only reason why I'd ever buy this game is to play with them. And talking to them some of them are honestly only playing the game because they are playing it together, some of them don't even seem to like it much.
>>
330 million sales in 5 days, anons.

Three hundred and thirty million united states dollars. Five (5) days.

This is the new trend. Prepare yourself.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.