[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the worst video game writers. we've already had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: greenjesus.jpg (36 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
greenjesus.jpg
36 KB, 500x273
What are the worst video game writers.

we've already had threads on the best, but who the fuck are the worst? Like the most incompetent, misguided, or heavy-handed of the writers in the industry.

Like in lieu of names what are some of the companies that produce the most shit-tier of stories consistently too. Examples are appreciated.

pic might be related, I don't fucking know.
>>
Kojamas
>>
who wrote the witcher?
>>
>>331362707
(You)
>>
>>331362707
Some fat neckbeard.

Question is... Why is Metzen a shit?
>>
>>331362835
(You)
>>
>>331363045
Because he's not a writer. He's a dev who got promoted to a position were he could start forcing his shitty fanfiction onto their games and no one could do anything about it.
>>
Modern DA team.
>>
>>331363287
Wasn't he like personally handed control over by the original Warcraft lore-dude?

Didn't he write like Brood War or something. I mean if he did that I can't consider him the shittiest because he had a hand in Brood War. But then again WoW is some of the worst written fantasy I've seen in vidya, but I have no clue how much that's status quo or Metzen.
>>
>>331361961
Anthony Burch
>>
>>331363296
Maybe DA2 but Inquisition was the same snappy, generic fantasy as Origins. if anything it's the best written modern Bioware game.
>>
>>331361961
Emil Pagliarulo, lead writer for Fallout 3 and 4.
>>
>>331363287
lol what the fucking are you talking about
>>
>>331363045
Because Blizzard is shit and Metzen is a rock dad loser.
>>
>>331363734
I remember FO 3 & 4 being dull but were they really that offensively bad?

>>331363661
I mean he memes a bunch and makes random gay shit, but BL2 was just a standard vidya story with a few plotholes and randumb humor.
>>
>>331363719
>Generic fantasy
>Best writen
DA2 was the best storywise, and even it had a lot of faults. DA:O and DA:I were both babbys first D&D game. The DA games have never had strong stories. It's the characters in them which have helped make and keep them popular.
>>
>>331361961

Jennifer Hepler
>>
File: joedirt.jpg (39 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
joedirt.jpg
39 KB, 736x414
>>331363914
>rock dad loser
>google search because I've never heard of this insult
>Joe dirt and rockstars

Well it makes sense now.

>>331364057
didn't she write the Dwarf commoner origin in DA1? I didn't think that was bad. I mean she has shit opinions on how to handle gameplay and her comic thing is apparently pretty meh, but I don't think it's the worst.
>>
>>331363970
>DA2 was the best storywise, and even it had a lot of faults.

I just found DA2 too mishandled to call it the best. generic but functional in DA1 just wins out compared to all the reactive bullshit I had to put up with in DA2.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.