[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I play through the first 2 to understand what's going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Dark-Souls-3.jpg (142 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3.jpg
142 KB, 1200x650
should I play through the first 2 to understand what's going on in 3?
>>
>dark souls
>understand what's going on

just kill shit senpai
>>
>>331347657
You should play the forst regardless
2 is gove or take but the trailer had made reference to 2 so probably.
>>
>>331347657
You don't have to, most people that played all of them won't be able to tell whats going on. You can if you want though.
>>
>>331347657

Play

>Kings Field 1 (2)
>Demon's Souls
>Dark Souls 1

Otherwise you can't understand the deep lore and story.
>>
Doesn't matter. Play 3 when it comes out.
>>
>>331347657
Nobody will understand and evrybody will make shit up.
It seems to have lots or references to ds1 though, like returning characters, so it would add some value if you play the first I guess.

You should play the first one regardless, it is one of the best games released in the last five years.
>>
No. No one undestands what's going on in the first two. Those who say they do are parroting ecelebs.
>>
I think they're just going to forget that 2 ever happened.
>>
>>331352125
There are giants in 3
>>
>>331351950
>I'm stupid so everyone else has to be
>>
You could play them to enjoy them. 1 is fantastic until you finish Anor Londo, and then it's a bit of a slog until the end. 2 is okay, they did a few things better and slightly more worse.

For story reasons, while you would get more references and maybe characters that they'll include from previous games, the actual plot is relatively self-contained if the previous two games are anything to go off of.
>>
Well considering Gwyn is the final boss in 3 you might want to just watch the cinematic in 1 to understand who he is.
>>
>>331347657
I played them all and i still don't have a clue.

>there was an ancient king who was betrayed by the dragons to steal the fire now kill this skelleton lmao.
>>
>>331352335
>I eat every bowl of shit stew youtubers serve me, and I will gladly ask for seconds after licking the shit from my fingers
>>
>>331347771
Prettty much this desu.
>>
>>331353137
You done it now dude, you compared something you don't like to eating poop. You're the champion of internet arguing.
>>
>>331352462
The final boss is obviously Chosen Undead
>>
Play the first one OP, you can get it for like five bucks and it's amazing.
>>
Play 1 and Bloodborne. Avoid DS2, it's a knockoff made by a different director and there's almost nothing good about it
>>
>>331347657
that depends

if you're someone who plays a game for its mechanics, then it doesn't really matter, the controls are pretty easy

lore is really vague between the games and it's heavily implied that they're connected but not to the extent that you NEED to have played the past games

>>331348410
DeS is in a completely different universe senpai, unrelated to the DaS universe
>>
no, it will worsen the experience if you do, wait until reviews and pick the best game

it will either be DaS 1 or DaS 3 if you only own a PC

DaS 2 is universally agreed to be a dissapointment
>>
>>331355410
and again, Bloodborne universe is different from DaS universe

although back when Bloodborne was still in development, people speculated that it took place in the same universe as DeS
>>
>>331347657
At this point, you could speed run through it pretty fast, even as a noob, with a guide. Depending on skills, you could beat the first game in a day, and the second game in a couple days.
>>
>>331356448
>universally
I love it when you internet dwellers talk about your opinions as if they were the majority
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.