[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Culling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 900x507) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 900x507
What are some other games like this?
>>
Free bump
>>
Rust has pretty good battle Royale servers on it. I'd go as far as saying it's just straight up better than the culling.
>>
>>331338685
Is it popular? Like a lot of people playing BR servers and easy to find a game?

The culling is 16 players how many is rust?
>>
There's that ARMA game mode that's the exact same thing.
>>
>>331338909
Rust is like 100
>>331336285
Arma 3 has a BR mod, if you want a realistic/tactical approach with military gear. 60 players on fuckhueg maps
H1Z1 has a BR mode, 150-170 players per game.

Arma 3 requires launching from a website, and the servers can take time to fill up.
>>
>>331339120
>>331339091
I have arma but I've never done it. The size of culling is what's so great, and the match time. You can get in under 2 min pretty much always. I wouldn't want to play if I had to wait 10 min to get a match.
>>
>>331336285
Africa
>>
>>331339679
Rust is getting more servers but if you die early on you might have to wait. H1Z1 queues are like 10 seconds long if that. Solo queue has tons of games going on at the same time
>>
>>331339907
Isn't h1z1 garbage though?

I could see rust being good but I'm not very interested in the regular game just BR, I really don't want to wait 5 minutes just to die instantly.
>>
>>331340302
H1Z1 is alright, they break more things than they add/fix though.

Going from Culling to any of the other 3 might be hard though. You die insanely fast in all of those as the primary/only way of doing shit IS guns, which are only mid/late game in Culling which takes 5+ minutes to acquire.
Especially Arma and Rust though, Rust has little/no drop and its all about getting lucky with a spawn.

There is no intimate 1v1 melee/bow gameplay going on
>>
>>331340784
So the culling is basically the king of BR right now?

For all its faults it's sounding better.

But I can get rust for like 10 bucks, h1z1 is around 17 on g2a, the whole bullshit split and poor game support makes me almost not want to buy h1z1 and support the devs.
>>
>>331341072
They are all meh/good in their own ways. I hate rock-paper-scissor melee and bows are absolute shit unless you run every Bow perk.
Culling with realistic damage model and no airdrops/perks would be much better. Focus on crafting and looting rather than calling in a top tier air drop and running cookie cutter builds like Chemist+other stuff

Rust has a procedural map
H1Z1 and Arma have big maps with vehicles with random ending locations
Arma and Rust have a wide range of weapons to use at varying ranges

H1Z1 was fine but everytime they add something they break shit. Molotovs crashing games randomly, removed them for 3 months. Add camera tweak so its easier to aim up/down without blocking character but it freaks the fuck out indoors. LOD is kinda shit. H1Z1 is a game that doesn't look like it was already out for a year
>>
>>331341850
Yes I really hope they add a hardcore mode or something. I started with the intention of being an archer but they are just too weak. The melee is alright but kind of janky and laggy.

Just how bad is it to get into an arma BR game? It doesn't seem like many people even play it. If rust is a lot better in that regard I may just give it a try next.
>>
>>331336285
If you like slide show fps there is ARK: Survival of the fittest.
>>
>>331342595
Does that have BR? I thought it was all base building and grinding shit?
>>
>>331342416
Its not terribly hard, there are multiple games going on at the same time so like Rust you might have to wait for one of them to finish before you can join.
http://battleroyalegames.com/servers/
>>331342595
This also works, and SOTF is F2P.

>>331342821
It does but its very different. Rarely will someone get up to a gun, and it is mostly people splintering off and leveling up and taming dinosaurs.
>>
>>331338685
Jesus Christ no. Rust has horrible fucking battle royale servers. Even the primitive ones are terrible. I went from that to the culling and it is seriously infinitely better.
>>
>>331342986
I don't mind not having guns I like bows anyway, but how does a grindy game like ark have BR? Increased leveling and gather rates or what?
>>
>>331343384
Yeah it runs increased rates. Taming and Building also are available.

SOTF actually has Hunger Games style events which the other games don't do. Like random dino drops ontop of players, weather events, and looting/taming events and other shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 196x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 196x250
>>331339759
>>
>>331343740
and it's free? Maybe I'll try it then if it's free

Why is one ark 20 dollars and the other free? Is one survival and the other BR?
>>
>>331344101
Yeah ARK is just 20 dollars, SOTF is the F2P one.
>>
>>331344234
>that review score
>>
>>331344410
I never really liked ARK anyways, but the SOTF reviews are about the shit performance ARK always has.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.