[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a bit of trouble with MAME, no game wants to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: logo-mame.png (112 KB, 760x262) Image search: [Google]
logo-mame.png
112 KB, 760x262
I'm having a bit of trouble with MAME, no game wants to load even though I have the proper ROMs for Bios. Should I get an older version of MAME because I was using the latest version.
>>
>>331329327
Use Clrmamepro.
>>
Most of the Arcade roms one can download for FREE are corrupt or missing data.

For the most part, You have to pay to get good, working roms.
>>
is MAMEUIFX any better than the official version?
>>
>>331329327
>right click on a game you want to pla
>audit
>check what files are missing
>download other roms or those specific files
>create a proper, working rom by dragging and dropping needed files
>>
>>331329327
Same anon. Been trying to start cowboys of moo mesa and speed racer but no good
>>
daily reminder: if a mame rom isn't working, try running mame from cmd with the rom's filename appended

this tells you what roms you're missing

most of the time it's just that people don't know how parent and clone roms work
>>
>>331331703
I can't check the audits for some reason
>>
>>331333254
get mameui or mamegui.
>>
OP Here, just got MAME 0.164 and mostly everything is working now.
>>
>>331335326
May you send link my way anon?
>>
>>331335485
I'll PM you the link ;)
>>
>>331335485
its on the official site in previous releases
mamedev.org
/oldrel.html
>>
Your MAME ROMset has to match the version of whatever MAME executable you're using, this goes for UI versions too. If you're using a new MAME version with an older ROMset it might still work, but you'll eventually hit a ROM that won't load.

For MAME it's always better to get full ROMsets every 5 or 10 releases, you can skip CHDs and other shit if you want and download those individually. If you're autistic enough you can also get update packs and use clrmamepro to patch the updates in for whatever ROMset version you had.
>>
>>331335808
Thank you. Was using emulator-zone and couldn't find it
>>
>got mame and clrmamepro
>still can't get neogo games to work no matter what i do, even though i have the neogeo bios
Fuck mame
>>
>>331330691
what's the point of clrmamepro

all it ever does is tell you your roms are indeed broken
>>
>>331335965
neogeo is one of the most finnicky things to get working in mame

i bet that you can actually run the games if you run them from the command line, and mame of course won't tell you why that works
>>
File: it just works.jpg (569 KB, 1920x1047) Image search: [Google]
it just works.jpg
569 KB, 1920x1047
>>331335965
Works on my machine senpai.
>>
>>331335965
same thing happened to me but i just downloaded 0.164 and it magically works
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.