[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Installing Dragon Age Inquisition.... what am I in for, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: dai.png (833 KB, 902x717) Image search: [Google]
dai.png
833 KB, 902x717
Installing Dragon Age Inquisition....

what am I in for, /v/?
>>
Disappointment.
>>
Meh.
>>
A shitload of mediocre content
>>
a game where they spend 99% of their effort on poinless superficial shit
>>
Single player MMO with ugly character models and boring combat.
>>
Elements are fun for a while, but it ends up feeling too drawn out. Take LONG breaks
>>
File: pain.jpg (42 KB, 395x419) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
42 KB, 395x419
>>331328080
Pain.
>>
File: 1457577657696.gif (276 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1457577657696.gif
276 KB, 500x378
>>331328249
>having expectations for bioware

I remember when they specifically said don't set such high expectations for them during the whole ME3 debacle on their forums
>>
I have 9 hours of playtime on this

Just can't get into it
>>
A shitty version of Dragon's Dogma. Gameplay wise.
>>
>>331328080
The first 20 hours are shit but then it gets better
>>
File: Clipboard18A.jpg (762 KB, 2557x1431) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard18A.jpg
762 KB, 2557x1431
>>331328563
This. Either play this game for the main story or take your time playing the game. Trying to be a completionist that rushes the game is a surefire way to make you want to kill yourself due to quests like shard retrieval.
>>
>>331328080
wishing you played Origins again
>>
>>331328731
Fuck this, people said the same thing about FFXIII.
>>
File: 1226384339428.jpg (66 KB, 600x659) Image search: [Google]
1226384339428.jpg
66 KB, 600x659
>>331328080
>Dragon Age Inquisition

>Babble babble bitch bitch
>Rebel rebel party party
>Sex sex sex and don't forget the violence
>Blah blah blah got your lovey-dovey sad-and-lonely
>Stick yout stupid slogan in
>EVERYBODY SING

>ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS READY
>FOR THE NEW SHIT
>STAND UP AND AADMIT
>TOMORROW'S NEVER COMING
>THIS IS THE NEWWWW SHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>331328080
>Handful of breddy gud characters, mixed with meh or just bad ones
>A fairly competent story, that while is basically Oblivion's, has some unique ideas and themes of faith
>Mediocre combat, essentially offline WoW
>Pretty large and visually impressive ares, but sparse/repetitive combat
>An alright soundtrack, with some notable tracks

Altogether about a 6/10
>>
Why can't Bioware make anything with decent combat anymore?
>>
>>331329075
DA: Origins had mediocre combat, this game's combat is insultingly shallow and easy. It's outright terrible.
>>
>>331329149
Because they literally pander to casuals and SJWs instead of remembering the roots of the genre.
>>
>>331328080
One of my normie friends goes on and on and on about this game. His favorite game of all time is SkyrimHe has never played or shows any interest in ever trying out other elder s rolls games

He still makes DAI sound awesome. Makes me want to play it but I'm hesitant cause how he treats Skyrim. Don't get me wrong I actually enjoyed Skyrim which seems to be the unpopular opinon here but I don't think it's the best vidya of all time.
>>
Why does bioware even bother anymore?

They can't write a plot that isn't a retread on old fantasy. They can't write great characters anymore. They can't build a detailed and compelling world. They can't stay to their lore. They can't pick an artstyle. They can't make good character models or animations. They can't make good combat. They can't make a good game. All they can do is stamp out middling RPGs in a genre that left them behind a long time ago. I mean we have Bethesda doing better combat and character animation now (pipers introduction had more acting in it than any scene in Inquisition), this studio went to utter shit.
>>
>>331328080
this will sound like poor advice and since the game is overall pretty bad it wont really help your playthrough but try not spending too much time in the first area or else the game will start feeling like an mmo and youll end up dropping it in hours
>>
>>331328080
Good lore, good characters, pretty special effects, sort of fun fights with dragons

Shitty gameplay, shitty animations, shit level design, shitty villain
>>
>>331328080
TRANSGENDER
REPRESENTATION
>>
>>331328080
A long, boring, and ultimately unsatisfying slog.
>>
>>331328080
I had a surprisingly good time.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.