[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TARGET, NEUTRALIZED!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: Okw_fallscrim_portrait.gif (15 KB, 130x160) Image search: [Google]
Okw_fallscrim_portrait.gif
15 KB, 130x160
TARGET, NEUTRALIZED!
>>
>>331317558

I've never bothered playing OKW. They just seem so gimmicky compared to the versatility and solidity of the Wehr.
>>
>>331317678
They have a stronger early game to cope with infantry (Luftwaffe doctrine)

They also have Waffen SS
>>
File: coh2.png (556 KB, 500x2000) Image search: [Google]
coh2.png
556 KB, 500x2000
How are the British Forces? I got a feeling the whole bog down a point is only good on 2v2/3v3/4v4
>>
>>331317558
Fallshirmjägers are the most deadly infantry units in the game, but they are squishy as well. More prone to dying than Grenadiers.

>>331317797
Luftwaffe doctine is shit, only good for "behind enemy lines" spawning and buying troops for ammo.
Fortifications Doctrine is better at doing it's job.
>>
>>331317902
I think relic is balancing it mostly towards 1v1 because brits are beasts in 2v2

>>331317983
True I guess, but both have access to MG team which I guess the OKW player wants
>>
>>331317902
I mostly play 1v1 and I enjoy the british forces a lot. They aren't all that flawed but the fact that they are geared for very-early and supporting late-game does occationally make things a little harder.

You don't bog down as much but at least mortar emplacement is often a must-have.
>>
>>331317902
>that pic

my issue with the game, holy fuck every time i play the game match me with pre-made 3 prestige faggot SS_Sturm>>331317902
furer_SS and i'm just level 50, fuck you Relic
>>
>>331318320

Your level doesn't affect who you're matched with, it's your rank. Even when I was level 50 I was matched with highly skilled people because I'm ranked in the top 1000.
>>
>>331318320
I mostly fuck around in custom games with a friend and we just enjoy the atmosphere the game has with voice acting and music

>You can count on Osttruppen!
>>
>>331318163
>both have access to MG team which I guess the OKW player wants
If you want MGs you don't play OKW in the first place. Only with Fort. Doctrine can they make proper defensive positions, with the bunkers and all that. Normal OKW only has the 3,7cm half-track/building as a means of stationary defence. 2cm AA guns are shit and killed by a single grenade or molotov, also AP mines are great. Only bad part is that your ammo expenses go up and you might not be able to afford Panzershrecks for your Volks and then you might have AT problems if you haven't invested in some dedicated AT.
>>
>>331318320

Level has nothing to do with rank. I've played so many garbage 3 star level 99s it's impossible to count.
>>
>>331318632
No really, you can!
>>
>>331318320
Your experience doesn't affect your MMR. But then again, your MMR doesn't affect who you end up against all that much, only how much it increases or decreases after a win or a loss.
>>
>>331318690
I think you still want means to suppress infantry even as OKW.
Watched some games of ESPORTS and the majority of OKW went with doctrines that was either flammenhetzers or MG teams.

I myself play Wehrmacht because I like the grenadiers
"Pull up your trousers men, we're visiting the enemy ;^)"
>>
So, I recently got this, and I noticed the fucking huge list of commanders, and since I don't want Relic to jew me out of all my money, I was just wondering what commanders are decent.
>>
>>331319115
>Fire at will, but not at wilhelm he owes me munny ;^)
>>
>>331319593
lemme see for newbies

Wehrmacht - commanders with Tigers
Soviet - Commanders with T34-85 or IS 2 (Stock)
US- Stocks or Pershing Commanders
OKW - Stocks or Scavengers + Fort
UKF - Crocodile Churchill commanders
>>
>>331319593

Depends entirely on how you like to play RTS.

Wehr, for example, could be played pretty effectively without even taking a doctrine. The doctrine is what you pick to react to the game's progression. A lot of them are viable, there's only a few that are total garbage (cough, festung armor doctrine)

What faction do you like to play and how do you like to play them?
>>
>>331319753
>Wilhelm, pick up that oversized rifle ;^)
>>
>>331319115
>ESPORTS people use MGs or fire Hetzers
Were that 1v1 matches or ream matches, I have mostly 1v1 experience myself but I can imagine that with more players on the field, the more important support weapons can be.

>I myself play Wehrmacht because I like the grenadiers
Eh, I think all the factions main-line infantry are quite likeable, maybe with the exception of Volksgrenadiers - too dark and grim.

Conscripts complain a lot, but it's nice enough in its own way.
"Sandbags are up, and my back is out!"

Riflemen aren't too keen on the banter but they have some well spoken lines.
"HOLY MACKAREL! That got 'em!"

Infantry Sections are banterish as fuck and swear all the goddamn time. Al and Duffy take a lot of shit.
"Wash your ears Al! Or does wanking make you deaf?"
>>
>>331319842

Hey man, Tiger doctrines ain't just for newbies. I'm a pretty highly ranked player and I still love those saucy bastards.
>>
>>331319593
The default ones are allright, you'll be missing out on a few units but maybe you'll unlock the other commanders later. I haven't bought a single one and I have got more than half of them.
>>
>>331319842
Tigers are shit for newbies. In my experience they always get too overconfident and lose the Tiger too quickly.
>>
>>331319593

Play the game with the default commanders and once you've figured out some of the situational problems you commonly encounter, buy a commander to try and address the problem. From playing the game you'll get a good sense of what units should potentially do.
>>
>>331319937
i know i know that why i recommend them, most of their abilities are useful that you just can't go wrong with them whether you are a pro or news
>>
>>331320109

Ha, well put. The key to playing the Tiger is the reverse key and I don't think newbies know that kind of restraint.

You win games with the Tiger by sponging fire and limping away with a tenth of the health and a damaged engine.
>>
>>331320295
How much armor do you reccommend buying before getting the Tiger. It can't be much cause you need to save that fuel, but I find that getting no armor before having 13 CP is just disasterous. I have trouble enough staying away from armor before reaching 8-9 CP, which is how I play the Soviets sometimes.
>>
File: stuglyf.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
stuglyf.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
So it seems to be a chosen few that still play.

Is anyone up for some custom games?
>>
>>331320725

Depends on the game, but I'll usually only get a pzIV before getting my Tiger. Panthers for me are really just an icing on the cake sort of thing because they're not such versatile tanks. I'd usually rather save the fuel on a replacement Tiger

Sometimes I'll skip third tier upgrade and structures to save on the fuel, sometimes I'll even skip building the first tier structure to save on fuel to get a pzIV out faster.

They way I play is all about risk management. I'm very cautious and stabbing with my tanks.

I use my tanks to bait my enemies into thinking I've overextended, then I take out their response.

It's not uncommon for me to have my pzIV survive the whole game.
>>
>>331319843
I kinda just go for Soviets. For 1v1s I send out 3 conscripts, usually, invest moli, invest Anti-tank grenades, and then build the building with light vehicles. I get the Medics within 10 minutes of the match because I read that was an okay timespan.

For 2v2s I just send my guys out so the others save their resources so they can carry me.

Like I said, still new to the RTS games so I mostly play with bots. I only just worked enough courage to Multi with others against AI.
>>
>>331320778
Stugs are too pure
>>
>>331320778

I will never understand why this community is so small. It's arguably one of the best RTS in the past decade, and the variety in factions means you can play so many different paces and styles.

I'm not the best at micro, but the game still allows my kind of slow, measured macro style of play. But at the same time you can play full micro with USF, OKW, or Soviets. It doesn't get old
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqbJ54TZyGU#t=3
>>
How's CoH2's single player? I loved the campaigns of the first one.
>>
File: 1455720656534.jpg (168 KB, 553x936) Image search: [Google]
1455720656534.jpg
168 KB, 553x936
>>331321943
Yea this game is one of the best out there, in my opinion far more competive then dota and cs. Shame it isnt as big as it could be
>>
>>331321824

You should start playing with humans as soon as possible. It's on a ranking system, so while you'll get rolled the first few games it'll quickly put you with people who are close to you in skill.

The problem with playing bots and trying to choose a commander around it is that bots play completely differently than humans. Human players present completely different in-game problems.

I don't play Soviets frequently, but the TI-85 and IS-2 shock troop doctrines are very solid and stable. The partisan one sucks ass. I know people like partisans on urban maps, but they fall off so fucking hard. It is the most gimmicky doctrines in the game imo.
>>
File: 2nd panzer division.jpg (165 KB, 1350x1008) Image search: [Google]
2nd panzer division.jpg
165 KB, 1350x1008
>>331321851
stug :DDDD
>>
File: stug-iii-ausf-f.png (246 KB, 1271x1562) Image search: [Google]
stug-iii-ausf-f.png
246 KB, 1271x1562
Stugs!

So is anyone feeling the urge to play or should I just try my luck in ranked?
>>
Tie your fucking shoelaces!
>>
>>331321943
i prefer men of war: assault squad 2,
pathfinding ain't stupid and the controls are intuitive, camera is also not close as shit to the ground,
coh2 is fine but it's really not the best i've played
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.