[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is out and nobody is talking about it. Is it shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: TreeOfSavior.png (1 MB, 955x695) Image search: [Google]
TreeOfSavior.png
1 MB, 955x695
So this is out and nobody is talking about it. Is it shit?
>>
Thanks for telling me. Going to check it out now.
>>
>>331295946
Person who played two betas here.

Facts:
>it's shit
>it's just another korean cash-in, but with worse controls
>it's nothing like Ragnarok Online
>early bird community died quickly when they realized it was shit

I'm so sorry, I really wanted the dream to be real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3gmQcMK_zg
>>
File: bear girl bed.jpg (34 KB, 494x490) Image search: [Google]
bear girl bed.jpg
34 KB, 494x490
>>331296212
godamnit
>>
>>331295946

Weeb shit.
>>
>>331295946
Cant play it unless you buy early accesses to servers.
>>
>>331296212
Well, shit.

how many hours in did it really start sucking?
>>
>>331296697
I'd say...one. Really, it's just shit. I only played for a couple of hours because the OST is great, but the gameplay is extremely annoying and it was just killing 10 monsters, moving to npc x, talking ot him, exp, killing another 10 monsters.

Basically a korean amusement park or whatever they call them nowadays.
>>
>>331295946
>positive reviews
>not even out yet
>they're already jewing beta access
>only heard complaints about the beta

why do weebs pad reviews for every sub-par weeb game?
>>
>someone on /v/ says a game is shit
>instead of trying it for themselves they just take his word for it

idiots
>>
>>331295946
Kimchi grind dogshit.
Don't even bother.
>>
>>331295946
>Paying 60 bucks to be ahead of everyone
>Not killing your game like that Viking economy one
>>
>>331296825
Why would I lie?
>>
>>331296825
Taking a bullet is painful, try it out yourself.
>>
>>331296212
I also played both betas.
If you're looking for a new Ragnarok Online, go back to Secret of the Solstice/Solstice Reborn private servers.
The main draws of this game are a fully player-skill-centric combat system with running about, aiming skills, and synergizing with your allies. There's somewhere around eighty individual classes, but the grind to reach them is huge. The grind is moderately fun, with things like campfires to encourage communication, and the variety in gameplay depending on your party composition.

In the two betas, it was hella theme-parky, just walking to waypoints, talking to people, and pursuing a linear questline. Occasionally you could go off the beaten path in an area and find someone who gives a sidequest, but it was never really worth it. The betas also had an almost completely linear map progression. I only got to the second real dungeon, but damn was it boring. I got to explore the map by evading high-level mobs and there's a huge variety in locations, and the OST and graphics are both BEAUTIFUL, but it seems like much of the same.

On my way to sequence breaking and finding the second main town (of two, total) I found a few secret dungeons which seemingly would open only if you completed a questline. I hoped they weren't part of the main quest. There were also a few dungeons you could just enter and roam around in, although the enemies were hella aggressive and one-shot me. No point to being there, though, without the quest that was locked by level. Although I did find some hidden items that seemed to unlock quests I wasn't ready for. Maybe just an oversight.

>>331296697
I spent 65 hours on the game total. It started getting boring around 20 in, but I slogged through to get more EXP. Around 60 I just gave up and roamed around.
>>
>>331297205
>fully player-skill-centric combat system with running about

Person you're replying to here, you're full of shit. The game is painfully easy to the point where skill doesn't matter.

Again, the community is dead, so the grind is boring. Everyone left due to the stuff I explained.
>>
>>331295946
>Is it shit?

You are asking in /v/, what do you think?
>>
>>331297270
I'm in the Discord chat now, with a bunch of guys who helped make a wiki for the game.
A while back they teamed up with another fansite, and have been collaborating on bringing information from the korean beta to english-speaking fans.
There's still a community.

The betas were painfully easy because you were given tons of fucking free revives. It's easy to get in over your head with higher level mobs, starting with archers and magicians in the areas before the chapel, and the monsters on the second floor of the chapel.
Also, soloing bosses, while usually long, boring, and easy, can take you by surprise and kick your ass when they have actually dangerous attacks.

Hell, you basically need a cleric to barrier the whole team to actually dodge the falling rocks move on that one boss...
>>
>>331297518
There's a Discord for SM64 no-A presses, there's a discord for fucking everything

The beta was easy because you never died, at all. Getting over your head isn't worth it because enemies are faster than you at that point.
>>
>>331297205
Thanks for the write-up. I'm gonna give it a shot, keeping my expectations in check.
>>
>>331296669

Why bother putting it on steam as free to play then if you have to fork out cash anyway.
>>
>>331297560
I'm not saying the fact that there's a discord channel means it has a community.
I'm saying the fact that there's a huge group of people dedicated to recording information and composing it into a readable database, all of which are hyped to play the game, means there's a community. You're being unreasonable.
>>331297717
It was a shit write-up. Horrible grammar, and all too optimistic opinions.
I really shouldn't still have this hope for the game, but I really do love the developers and the composers for what they gave me so many years ago. I hope the game is better on release.
I heard the starting areas have more than one path through them, but that may have just been a stupid rumor. I haven't been arsed to confirm.

>>331297942
It will eventually be free to play. Just, in a month.
>>
File: 1439001302268.png (350 KB, 483x478) Image search: [Google]
1439001302268.png
350 KB, 483x478
>>331295946
pay4earlyaccess

Of course nobody is talking about it.
>>
>>331296825
Why risk money and time on it when you can find out from others.
>>
>>331295946
>Great artstyle
>Generic Korean MMO #87827917
>>
>>331295946
Downloading it now, hopefully it will be cool and remind me of days of MMO's that have long since passed
>>
>>331298417
you know that you have to pay to play it now?
>>
It's shit
the balance is basically the worst of any mmo I've ever seen
IMC are turbo jews and cannot code for the life of them, nearly everything is buggy or just badly put together
The mobs are unthreatening or hit you with undodgeable attacks that do 50%+ of your health and freeze you, grinding is not very interesting because of that
There are no real interesting builds because so many classes are useless or useless without taking specific classes before or after them
>>
>>331298649
It's not free to play?

Oh...
>>
>>331298793
it will be no release. but not now
>>
>>331298813
Thanks for letting me know anon. That reply time was unreal btw.
>>
>>331298793
IT will be a month from now.
Currently it's an early access/founder's pack being sold.
>>
>>331297987
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effort_justification
>>
>>331298915
I haven't spent a cent on them. I can't justify doing so.
I have high hopes for them, anyway.
>>
>>331296825
No, a lot of people on different parts of the internet say it's shit. In fact, most people do.
>>
>>331299078
you've spent time, and time is money
I googled your name and you keep writing 1k word essays on how to make the game better

they ignore them, yet you keep giving them your time and hope
>>
>>331299112
>you've spent time, and time is money
>and money is the root of evil so women are evil xDDDD
>>
>>331299112
Ahahaha, fuck, I knew I should have edited that image. Didn't realize how easily I could be found with just that name.

What I was asking for is really unreasonable, to be honest. I can't blame them for not wanting to totally rehaul their game.

It's not what I wanted, but it's what I got. I'll probably still spend time on it.
>>
>>331299286
I'm sorry, anon. I'm here if you need a shoulder to cry on.
>>
>>331299112
Why are you throwing money at the garbage by wasting your time on /v/ then?
>>
>>331299334
>What I was asking for is really unreasonable, to be honest. I can't blame them for not wanting to totally rehaul their game.
Stop being a bitch, they were good suggestions which they ignored because they just want money
>>
>>331299374
I'm not here out of sunken costs, I get everything I want from single trips
>>
Aaaah, I'm mad. Someone uploaded a video of me being really nice and giving people my headgear after a boss fight. I look like such a prick. Don't fucking google me.

>>331299387
Your whole spiel about sunken costs and effort justification seem to fit my relationship with Riot Games more.
Jesus fucking chrystler, I can't stop playing League, no matter how obvious it is that they fail to balance the game because it's more profitable to have an unbalanced game.

But, yeah, I guess I'm not inclined to call out IMCGames for their greed. I feel like, maybe, they really tried to make a good game out of this, but have gone so far that it's not profitable to backpedal and try again. They're just going to go ahead and release it, get some quick cash, and... I dunno, I hope they try again.
>>
>>331299592
>but have gone so far that it's not profitable to backpedal and try again

oh my
fucking god

this is the most ironic post I've ever read, I'm out of this thread, I can't possibly laugh harder than I just did, good luck anon
>>
File: 18421773456535374.jpg (11 KB, 261x146) Image search: [Google]
18421773456535374.jpg
11 KB, 261x146
>>331297205

Yeah I remember I put around 10 or so hours into the first beta. I couldn't play past like level 20.

By level 20, you literally had like 3 skills usually. and you spammed 1 of them.

Also going on what he said about campfires - they are buildable anywhere really (even in boss fights) and if you sit near one, you get HP/MP back. A strategy nearly everyone used was that you would use your skills (one skill was usually like 40 MP in a 300 MP pool at that level), but down a campfire, kite the boss away from you, and run back to the campfire every 10 seconds or so and do a quick second sitdown to trigger the HP/MP regen and stand back up and fight again.

You literally did this the entire fight, just running back and forth, spam sitting every 10 seconds to get those few points of MP to cast another skill until it died after 6 or 7 minutes.

It honestly got so dull, so quick I just had to quit. Everything was way to expensive, and you either partied or got left out level 40+.

Archers/Priest's were the worst offenders. They had to constantly keep their waepons upgraded and their skills costed absurd amounts like 1/4 of your MP pool. An Archer was hindered more by MP than by crit or even her weapon. Ugh. I can't even think about it. This is some serious PTSD shit.
>>
>>331295946
The cbt was bad, the game was shit - really tried to like it.
>>
File: 1351815446822.jpg (17 KB, 429x480) Image search: [Google]
1351815446822.jpg
17 KB, 429x480
>>331295946
Played it in beta, I was one of the people who dreamed this was RO 2016
>The game is just a boring ass quest corridor, nothing like RO
>dropped harder than anything before in my life
>>
>>331299654
What? What? I don't get it! Why are you laughing?

>>331299717
Campfires worked like shit, too. They had really bad detection for when someone was sitting near them, and sometimes just ignored you if someone was sitting closer than you. Really bad programming.
I hope that's fixed, along with the goddamn "Where will you build the campfire?" text lingering eternally on-screen.
...And the hotkey for beginning to build the campfire ALSO SETTING THE CAMPFIRE DOWN. I had it on my number 1, and when you begin using the campfire, it gives you 8 locations around you, assigned to numerals. Since I activated it with the 1 key, it automatically chose the 1 spot to create it. Ugh.
>>
File: ToS closed beta.png (236 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ToS closed beta.png
236 KB, 1600x900
have they changed anything from this list? I only played during the last Beta and agreed for the most part with this post.

Just ignore your autism about where the post is from.
>>
>>331299912
Don't forget that the game is made with potato code

Like the campfire giving a buff effect, but there is a limit on targets for buffs, so the campfire can only actually effect like 3 people at a time
When parties can be more than that

and there is no notification or tooltip or info about that anywhere
you just find out when you're one of the later people to sit down and you get jack shit.
>>
>>331300585
Don't worry

Now you don't have to worry about grinding or quests

because all your exp comes from doing like 1-2 instanced dungeon runs and missions a day (1 more if you paid for premium token)

The game didn't even make it to obt before they went back on that promise of not making it a modern shitfest style
>>
>>331295946
Holy shit its out?

Well fuck me, loved the beta
>>
>>331301537
It's not
March 29th if you pay
April 28th if you wait
>>
>>331295946
Played the betas.

Class and skill wise, this game absolutely shits over most other MMOs. You actually feel like you are playing a class and your own little role rather than just falling into DPS/Heal/Tank. The class possibilities mean every time you do group up for just grinding or dungeons or whatever you always have some fun little group that works differently from your last. Its particularly good if you want to play a game where how you use your skills with your allies actually matter.

That being said, had two massive gripes with the game, dunno if they got fixed with release. First is that most of the game was solo-able for the vast majority of what I got to play (which was up to level 90) except for dungeons. I suspect this wont be an issue once you hit the higher levels since you'll have to grind more and grinding with a group is better solo but still, lots of grinding solo before you get there. Second is the total lack of difficulty for most bosses. 99% of them were just sponges you attacked until they died, with one or two attacks with giant red circles you avoided.

But it was still fun, and its free, so I cant really complain that much.
>>
>>331295946
reminder that not even the Korea version demanded early access funds

reminder that the devs themselves are more jewish than Nexon

avoid game at all costs
>>
>>331301737
Well fuck.
>>
>>331299286
The love of money not money itself its the root.
>>
>>331299717
You REALLY sucked at the game, and didnt take any consideration into your stat build, or even your class likely
>>
>unavaliable in my region

THIIS GAME IS SHIT!!!
>>
>>331295946
I bought 9000 copies for me and my friends suck it /v/
>>
>>331302648
Fuck off richfag
>>
>>331299717
>I remember I put around 10 or so hours into the first beta
>I couldn't play past like level 20.
Holy crap, how shit are you at video games, anon? You reach level 20 in less than 2 hours.

>>331300585
To add or rectify some of the points of your pic:
>The linearity
It's completely true but mainly for levels ~50-200, where most of the story quest happen, after 200 there's multiple maps for a set level and for <50 they added a second beginner city with its own quest chain, you can still do those of the other city if you want to.

>Experience penalty
I agree, it's fucking retarded

>Damage formulas
This is because he doesn't read his skills or didn't make an effort to understand how it works and likely didn't understood how ATK vs DEF worked in Ragnarok.
Unlike Ragnarok, here, most skills have a set attack that is added to the damage of your weapon to calculate its real damage and some do use a multiplier of your regular attack to calculate its damage like in RO. For the ATK vs DEF calculation, it's like RO, DEF is in two parts, a %-based one that is calculated first (in RO that was the part given by your stuff) and then a fixed part that subtract from what's left (in RO that was the pat given by your VIT) hence why you could end up something like what he described: With 400 base ATK against an enemy that has a 20%+320 DEF he would end up doing 1 damage but with 400 base ATK +300 from the skill he uses, he would do 240 damage to the same enemy.
>>
File: 56x4FD9.jpg (44 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
56x4FD9.jpg
44 KB, 446x400
>>331295946
It's not out yet.
>>
>>331302995
The problem with damage formulas is that it makes so much shit worthless

If a skill doesn't have multihit or some really good effect (and even then it's still probably garbage because LOL RESIST) then it is absolute garbage because it falls off almost immediately after you get it because the damage of a skill is fucking set it in stone
just skill atk + normal atk, with the skill atk never, ever increasing unless you level it, and the amount it increases by is static.
So it turns into 'drop all the attacks from your previous ranks and only use the new ones' every new rank because their damage becomes shit
>>
File: 1440814247430.jpg (60 KB, 412x539) Image search: [Google]
1440814247430.jpg
60 KB, 412x539
>>331295946
>>331296212

>/v/
>>
>>331302995
>Holy crap, how shit are you at video games, anon? You reach level 20 in less than 2 hours.
First closed beta had shit exp rates
It took people like 30 hours to get to level 30-40
>>
>>331303354
>So it turns into 'drop all the attacks from your previous ranks and only use the new ones' every new rank because their damage becomes shit
That's for me the biggest problem at the moment, you're almost forbidden to level up attack skills in classes that are under rank 3-4 because they do absolute shit damage when compared to latter skills. You pretty much have to skill utility skills first to be viable because any pure damage ones will end up useless unless they also do something else like stun.

>>331303729
Damn, you're right, I completely forgot about the CBT, the threads about it were way more memorable than the test itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Re_M4aXX0
>>
what's the difernce between the f2p servers and the founder servers?

do I need to pay if I want to play right now?
>>
Play "Tiny Knight" instead
>>
>>331304250
Everyone who pays money can play 1 month earlier
That's it
You are pretty much just buying cash shop items in advance to get EA to the servers
>>
>>331305087
I see, then I'll wait, thanks anon.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.