[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that suddenly after 3D World, people came forward demanding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Mario Cast.png (41 KB, 320x128) Image search: [Google]
Mario Cast.png
41 KB, 320x128
Why is it that suddenly after 3D World, people came forward demanding Daisy and Waluigi in mainline Mario games? Why does it matter so much that a character isn't in a main Mario game. They can play as those characters in more in any Mario Kart, sports, and party.

Does Daisy being an NPS in a Mario platformer suddenly increase the game's quality?
>>
>>331279074

Have you ever played a Wario World game before?

Now, remember that Wario hasn't gotten one of those in about six years!
>>
Something about Rosalina being in more "Main" games than Daisy, despite being a newer character than her, I dunno.
>>
>>331279074
People have been wanting more Daisy and Waluigi exposure for a long time but like >>331279321 said, for a new character that Miyamoto hated she sure gets put in a lot of new games without much reasoning
Smash obviously being the biggest offender
>>
>>331279074
>Why is it that suddenly after 3D World, people came forward demanding Daisy and Waluigi in mainline Mario games?
It's probably more you noticed more people asking about it after 3D World since people wanted those two characters in a non-sport game for years, even before Rosalina's inception. At this point, their inclusion would be harmless fanservice and I can't really find a fault with that. Nothing is wrong with people wanting them used in a different type of game or if they keep their constant appearances for all the sport/party games as usual. The two still get more love than other Mario characters. The spark and fire really started with Smash 4 where the shitposting began and people being "BTFO" was the most important thing to people for some reason. It's calmed down just a bit, but the effects of it are still around to a degree.
>>
People have been saying that for longer than this man.
>>
people have wanted those characters in a mainline Mario game for years, way before 3D World.
>>
>>331280017
It doesn't matter what Miyamoto thinks of her, she is literally Koizumi waifu.
>>
>>331279321
>>331280017
>>331280747
Daisy and Waluigi do not canonically exist in the mainline games. Rosalina does.

It's that simple. They're spin-off fodder characters and you would probably hate them to death if they weren't.
>>
People just want to see these characters used for more than sports filler, and this isn't anything new or recent. Nintendo has this unwritten rule that characters their main dev teams don't create don't get used. It's considerably annoying, and it's not a Japanese thing when you see other companies using their characters for more than just party filler. SM64DS coming out the way it did was a miracle. Wario was ripped straight from Wario World, moves and all.
>>
>>331282626
>you would probably hate them to death if they weren't.
No I wouldn't. Don't speak for me.
>>
>>331282626
>They're spin-off fodder characters and you would probably hate them to death if they weren't
Are you kidding me? I would love for there to be some kind of mainstream Wario game that featured Waluigi as a player 2.
>>
>>331279074
I wonder if they'll have Captain Toad start showing up in spin offs?
>>
I could see Wario showing up like he did in SM64DS but Daisy's problem is that she got relegated to spin off after her only contribution to mainline was being the damsel instead of prach once. I dont think Nintendo considers her usable for mainline games at all. Rosalina's another story because everyone knows fucking Mario galaxy.

Waluigi meanwhile was solely created for spinoff purposes, not to mention his proportions just do not work in your general mainline type of game, they have to shrink Peach and Rosalina down just to make them playable. Even playable Luigi in SMG is actually shorter than NPC Luigi.
>>
>>331284667
Isn't he in Mario Maker?
>>
>>331285292
not him but that really, really doesn't count.
>>
Daisy could appear in mainline Mario games if Nintendo EAD ever acknowledged the existence of Sarasaland and the Super Mario Land characters.

Unfortunately that's unlikely as they disregard almost everything not created by them.
>>
>>331285507
Well EAD do make Mario Kart, but they really don't use her outside of that I believe.
>>
>>331279074
This might be slightly off-topic but I just hate the general oversimplification the Mario games have regarding the worldbuilding and characters nowadays. All the unique friendly critters except for Yoshi keep being replaced by Toads and the fact that someone at Ninty keeps pushing Rosalina in our face suggests that at some point after the Galaxy games, someone at the office or Miyamoto decided that Mario games aren't allowed to have anymore new and/or original characters.
>>
File: Nabbit.jpg (25 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
Nabbit.jpg
25 KB, 575x575
>>331285807
>someone at the office or Miyamoto decided that Mario games aren't allowed to have anymore new and/or original characters.

Nabbit is a new character.
>>
File: 468px-Bowserjr_MP9.png (190 KB, 468x480) Image search: [Google]
468px-Bowserjr_MP9.png
190 KB, 468x480
>>331285925
>implying
Doesn't that mask look familiar?
>>
>>331285925
The general rule now is characters can be made, but only if the main dev teams created them.
>>
>>331286067
Ignoring the fact that he probably isn't BJ, just what is his relation to him? Don't tell me Nintendo just randomly decided to give two characters the same highly identifying piece of clothing for zero reason
>>
>>331286459

I still wanna know who the little mexican was from super mario sunshine
>>
>>331286459
They're part of an secret club called the 'vandals', who're a bunch of kids who take an oath to be troublemakers so people won't treat them like helpless kids. The mask they wear represents the intimidation and respect each member wants.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 960x720
>>331282626
Wait a minute, are you telling me that Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix isn't canon?
>>
>>331286590
He's shadow mario in the Gamecube golf.
>>
File: OoTRunningMan.png (71 KB, 173x568) Image search: [Google]
OoTRunningMan.png
71 KB, 173x568
>>331286590
he's the running man
>>
>>331286882
That game had awesome music remixes. They should make a sequel.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.