[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planning on playing this for the first time this weekend. Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: DeusExCover.png (623 KB, 600x745) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623 KB, 600x745
Planning on playing this for the first time this weekend. Should I go through it vanilla or with one of the overhaul mods?
>>
>>331264457
of course vanilla. this game is a classic not because some 16yo amateur enthusiast made shiny shaders for it, but because of original game appeal.

You should always go vanilla in old classics.
>>
Vanilla. The first mission is mediocre but it gets better after that.
>>
>>331264457
play through it on Vanilla and stay away from the shitty and buggy revision mod on steam. also make sure you don't waste your points in stupid shit like swimming.
>>
At least get the New Vision Mod.
>>
>>331264457
Vanilla, lapps.
>>
File: Skills.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Skills.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
Heheheh
>>
>>331265373
I don't get this meme, the first mission is one of the best. It's so open-ended and super comfy
>>
paly it once with the original graphics

then change ur playstyle when u apply new vision mod for replay
>>
Stick with it past Liberty Island, game gets a lot better after it, although it's basically a crash course in many of the game's mechanics, such as hacking, exploration, and interacting with characters.
If you set Pistols as Untrained, they'll be defaulted to Trained, so you can get some points early on. If you plan on stealth, take the crossbow.
>>
>>331265682
The first mission can scare away people who are new to the game and don't know what they are getting into.
>>
play it with this http://www.moddb.com/mods/biomod

it's just little sensible tweaks, no garbage
>>
>>331265682
I guess it's about story. First mission is about agent arresting some hobo, later missions are about fighting huge organizations through reconciling yakuzas. Different level of coolness.

Also, gameplay gets way more awesome with power upgrades.
>>
>>331265682
Compared to rest of the game it's very linear. It's not a bad level, just serves as a good start mission.
>>
the new texture thing didnt really make it that much better

plenty of characters still use their old textures so you just get new textures mixed with the old ones which looks retarded

i dont get why they would release it in that condition, i think its better to just play vanilla
>>
there are mods that aren't the shitty meme mod on steam btw guys
>>
>>331264457
use kentie dx10 launcher stuff

aside from that, don't mod anything
>>
>>331265895
I don't know. When I first played it, it wasn't the level that threw me off but the mechanics. Mostly the fact that tranq darts aen't like tranq shots in MGS; they always alert enemies.

The level itself was cool, an masterpiece of classic, open-ended level design as it used to be.

>>331266058
Sure, but you don't really go into any (stealth, maybe) game expecting an involved, epic story from the first mission. Besides, infiltrating Liberty Island and the building is a pretty hype premise on its own, I feel, especially for a first level.

>>331266648
I thought the later game was much more linear than the beginning half of it including Liberty Island. I think they were on a tight budget.
I mean the only map that is close to LI in scale is Vandenberg maybe. But even then I don't think it was designed as well as LI. Maybe I'm just not remembering well enough though, the late game blends together a bit for me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.