[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion on the Killzone franchise? I love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: killzone11.jpg (70 KB, 605x286) Image search: [Google]
killzone11.jpg
70 KB, 605x286
What's /v/'s opinion on the Killzone franchise? I love this series, but I feel like it's never talked about on here.

Was Shadowfall any good?
>>
I liked the original three. Shadowfall was alright, it just didn't feel the same.
>>
>>331243650
I really liked the games, though I never beat Liberation.
2 a best
Haven't played shadowfall either, so I couldn't tell ya.
>>
I liked 1 and 2 but 3 was pretty bad. That being said I've never felt very strongly about the series at all. It could have done something really interesting with it's setting but it just lamed it out and made it feel generic despite interesting looking designs.
It didn't help that it's shooting mechanics have always been par for the course of a standard FPS.
>>
>>331243650
It has but not a lot. Discussion seems to be driven on the Helghast vs ISA and how Rico is the worst character of the series.

I enjoyed it and Mercenary was a blast once I got into a flow of shooting on the Vita.
>>
I stopped caring when I came to the crushing realization that I spent 60 American dollars on the disappointing Killzone 3. The second was better in so many ways, in my opinion. From the single player, which wasn't dogshit and had some cool boss fights, to the multiplayer which stood out amongst the crowd of generic Call of Duty clones. I felt the updates to 2, and 3 as a whole, pandered to a group of people who had no interest in the longevity of Killzone; the kind of people who buy games purely off hype and excessive marketing. I guess Sony is to blame for that, but the online suffered as a result. It died off quick as a shell of its former, unrecognized glory.

imo
>>
>>331244240
You didn't care for 3? I don't know, I really enjoyed it. Killzone is one of those games where the aesthetics are so charming to me, that generic-ish gameplay doesn't bother me. Plus, Malcom McDowell as Chairman Stahl was fucking fantastic.
>>
>>331244621
3 mechanically felt like the worst in the gameplay department. I have to have SOME kind of fun in the gameplay to be able to play it, and 3 felt even worse than 2 did, everything was so sluggish and the console aiming was absolutely atrocious.
>>
>>331244848
Maybe it's nostalgia goggles. I got the game for my 18th birthday a little over 5 years ago, and had a blast. I'll have to give it another go soon.
>>
>>331243650

2 & 3 were fantastic and some of the better FPS games of last gen.
>>
I think I played the second one and I really enjoyed it.
I don't have any consoles though so I haven't played any of the others. I'd like to because the aesthetic is great and it looks like fun.
I always thought it had good attention to detail, like when you killed a guy his shit would fall and clatter on the ground, and then his body would thump down
>>
Shadow fall is a surprisingly good single player shooter, like nothing really special but when compared to cod/battlefield it's a breath of fresh air
>>
>>331245347
Yes, godly art direction, animations, sound design and all that shit.
>>
Based intro coming through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGy6SEEXcJA
>>
Brian Cox as Scholar Visari was 10/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hudc7npDjdA
>>
I've loved every game except for 3, and I think the only reason I disliked it is because it felt like an intentional 'apology' to everyone who criticized 2's aesthetic and feel, both of which I loved. 3 felt like a betrayal of what I loved about Killzone. But Mercenary set them back on the right path.

Personally, I loved Shadowfall, though it feels like an outlier to the rest of the series.
>>
KILLZONE 1 SUCKED BEFORE
SO WHAT MADE YOU THINK WE WANTED MORE?
>>
>>331243650
I managed to play the entire trilogy plus Shadowfall. It's unbelievably okay. 2 had the best setting and atmosphere, but the series as a whole never tried to stand outside of the crowd. Wave after wave of generic brown and bloom shooting people with the occasional vehicle or robot. The series had an interesting lore with some futurepunk nazi-esque people, but otherwise nothing was interesting about the series outside of 1's squad of uniquely equipped characters and 2's sluggish movement. It's like the series never tried to take risks and just went with the most straightforward, basic storylines and streamlined gameplay as much as possible as the series went on, slowly falling into obscurity amongst other generic shooters. Killzone was promised to be a Halo killer, and I think that's the only reason why it has the small cult following that it has - out of some vain hope that a Killzone 4/5 comes out that puts the original Halo trilogy to shame.
>>
>>331243650
I will never not be pissed that you couldnt play as the helghast. They were better in every way.
>>
File: Helghast.jpg (617 KB, 2355x2773) Image search: [Google]
Helghast.jpg
617 KB, 2355x2773
>>331249334

Agreed, Helghast are one of the best armies in vidya
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.