[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, I've recently become very interested in LoZ: Wind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: wp-1-1920x1080.jpg (350 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wp-1-1920x1080.jpg
350 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /v/,
I've recently become very interested in LoZ: Wind Waker. I have it on emulator but it lags during combat and cutscenes. Should I buy the HD remake for WiiU? If so what are the perks?
Also, Wind Waker thread.
>>
>>331235524
bump
>>
>>331235524
its HD
>>
>>331235524
also dolphin crashes during cutscenes. its pretty fucking aggravating
>>
>>331235524
The HD version has some notable improvements in gameplay for some sacrifice in the art style
>Optional Swift sail is much faster and changes the wind based on your direction
>Grapple Hook is much smoother to use
>Dedicated button for the Windwaker; the boat gets dedicated buttons for grapple hook and cannon
>Cruising without the sail is much quicker
>More camera controls and gyro aiming for first person mode
>song animations only play once per booting up the game
>Triforce fetch quest only has three charts to find and the others chart locations now hold the actual Triforce piece

The only bad gameplay change I can think of is the unwieldy tweaks to changing the wind's direction, but once you get the swift sail it's mostly irrelevant.
>>
>>331235524
just overclock your cpu mi familia, check out throttlestop.
Have completely shit i5, and at 22-23 MHz, game runs at a pretty smooth 22-26 FPS
>>
>>331236434
One ore improvement I forgot is the game's Hero mode (which removes heart drops and doubles enemy damage) is available from the start and can be turned on and off anytime you load your save file.
>>
>>331236434
>>331236718
do you think purchasing it outright would be a good idea?
>>
>>331235524
I think it's a decent improvement over the original. The only thing that really bugs me is the removal of the tingle tuner. I played with that all the time with my brother, and I was pissed that they replaced it with some shitty miiverse thing.
I'd say it's worth a buy, though.
>>
>>331237027
The only reason I'm asking is because I've recently just listened/watched to people play loz and wind waker hd came up. It's the first time I've actually been interested in a game in a long time.
>>
Im playing wind waker hd right now and its very fun and works very well. I recommend it.
>>
>>331235524
Wind Waker HD is ass with a WiiU Pro just so you know.

Some people actually think moving while aiming is a good addition. It isn't.

There is also no on TV minimap.
>>
Yes buy it , I played it with low expectations but it blew me away.
Right now I'm with twilight princess HD and I don't feel that "urge". Maybe because I got spoiled by the swift sail. But whatever buy the wind waker HD.
>>
>>331236835
Go for it. HD is the definitive version and since you haven't really played much of the original, the extra bloom and various other art changes might not bother you as much as a diehard GCN version fan.
>>
>>331235880
>also dolphin crashes during cutscenes.
no it doesn't.
>>
I played through WW on dolphin just fine with a card half as good as a 750 ti.

Maybe your pc just sucks?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.