[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Legend of Zelda ®: Skyward Sword™ HD--Only for NX ®
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: memegame.png (760 KB, 505x715) Image search: [Google]
memegame.png
760 KB, 505x715
What features should it have?
>Full 4k so no jaggies
>Support for traditional buttony controller as well as Wii Remote
>Shortened tears of light collection
>Quest items only ever put up a dialog box once
>Shortened Tadtone quest
>>
>>331232374
>What features should it have?
Not exist.
>>
>>331232783
nice meme
>>
A sky with actual islands with stuff, not a tavern and then nothing.
>>
It should support challenge, and exploration, and quality content.
>>
File: 1384370558464.png (72 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
1384370558464.png
72 KB, 353x439
>more remasters
>>
>>331233141
implying ninty would give up on several added million dollars
>>
>>331233141
this
>>
File: Linkusingafairy.jpg (222 KB, 748x543) Image search: [Google]
Linkusingafairy.jpg
222 KB, 748x543
>>331232374
>More diverse optional content to the sky -section.
>Add the ability to play with a pro controller or gamepad and balance the game around that. Old wiimote controls still supported but choosing to use them would revert back to the old balance.
>Hero mode available from the start.
>Selecting Hero mode would make Fi stop giving you any hints at all.
>Faster pace for the tutorial
>More side content
>>
>consoles
>full 4k

ha...pffffhahahahahahaha
>>
>>331233314

nice MEMEME
>>
>>331232374
>>Support for traditional buttony controller as well as Wii Remote
great way to fuck it up entirely right there
>>
>>331235516
>by making it more accessible
>>
Coop multiplayer up to 4 players to complete unique dungeons
>>
>>331236070
>pressing a button and holding a stick is more accessible than swinging a wiimote
>>
>>331236070
Except the game forces you to cut things in certain directions. You can't mimic that with a controller retard. It isn't Twilight Princess controls.
>>
No waggle is all I ask for.
>>
>>331232374
honestly, nice mockup cover.
>>
>More doge memes
>>
Voice acting
>>
This isn't actually a thing is it? can't tell with Nintendo and besides why would you want this? The overworld is just a flashy level select menu, the models are ugly, everything about Fi and the first ever angry man, and the most simple gameplay in any entry thanks to the Wiimote.

If they had to repackage again, make it a hero of time collection which takes OoT3D and MM3D, gives it new textures and a new realistic lighting engine for both complete with redone score. 3DS users would be pissed but they would still buy it, no one wants SS however.
>>
>>331238030
>another OoT remake
nice try nignog
>>
>>331238394
>implying it won't STILL be remade long after we're both dead and robot servants are a thing in every home

Stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>331232374
>>331233464
>taking out the best part of SS
The combat was great if you weren't casual.
>>
>>331240795
You've got it wrong, the combat was bad because it was casual. It was the most casual system in any LoZ and made combat a paint by numbers at best, pointless at worst. It was so easy even you could do it.
>>
>>331233464
all this and turn the song of the hero thing into a side quest

make the demise battle come right after ghirahim with no break

get rid of the sky gaps to go to the provinces along with the bird statues being warp points - instead make it so you can see the land underneath and directly drop to those locations. i think that would make people like the sky a lot more.

also increase the bird speed and get rid of dousing
>>
>>331240952
Okay now is the for you to explain why you don't think SS was the best 3D Zelda combat.
>>
>>331241205
SS's "combat" doesn't even feel like combat, there's no sense of adrenaline to it whatsoever. It feels like a game of Simon Says.
>>
File: HEY.jpg (20 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
HEY.jpg
20 KB, 576x416
>>331232374
>Support for traditional buttony controller as well as Wii Remote

You guys are aware that Skyward Sword was BUILT around 1:1 Sword fighting right?

The enemies, bosses and puzzles rely on precision sword strikes and rusing, like tricking Ghirahim's hand in one direction and then slashing the opposite way

They are never remaking the game unless NX has Wiimote-Nunchuck

Stop being dillusional
>>
>>331233141
B-b-b-but if it worked for Square enix, why wouldn't it w-work for n-nintendo?
>>
>>331241205
What do you mean I did just explain it. The system was dumbed down completely to accommodate the Wiimote and made attacking into a more physical QTE system. It takes no skill it only takes adjustment to the Wiimote which will take no time at all then you can just walk through Hero mode no trouble which is why I think some people like it, it's easy so it makes the player feel accomplished.
>>
>>331241529
>implying they couldn't just make Ghirahim be a dumdum for a second at which you press B to attack
QTE is the future of gaymen nintenyearold
>>
>>331241810
it's a meme at this point anyway
>>
>>331232374
Don't even bother, there's been enough remakes lately, we don't need more remakes of bad games. Spend that money on making better games.
>>
>>331241205
Skyward Sword combat is terrible and anyone who defends it just does so because "I get to pretend I'm Link!"
>>
>>331241472
>muh feelings
>simon says
Great post. I should make an SS bingo card.

>>331241580
>The system was dumbed down completely
How do you even post something this fucked up? How is it dumbed down? Explaining that doesn't mean just keep repeating yourself.

What do you mean no skill? What's the "skill" in any 3D zelda combat?

If anything SS has more interesting combat because of how you can take enemies down in more ways than the typical 3D Zelda game.
>>
>>331245028
>my position is that no other position is worth talking about and anyone that brings it up should be ignored
Then why are you posting? For the circle jerk?
>>
>>331245202
At least you could get damaged in any other LoZ occasionally, it's very hard to get any damage in SS because the new system won't allow it. It's all too easy.
>>
>>331240795
No it wasn't. The idiotic telegraphing and directional blocking by the enemies was so stupid it would be comical if it wasn't so tedious and unsatisfying.
>>
>>331232374
>Shortened tears of light collection
Why would you cut down the best parts of the game? This isn't Twilight Princess.
>>
>>331245560
Yeah but can you swing your sword with a horizontal slash? Notice that I am holding my weapons to block any other attack.
>>
>>331232954

A shitty game with the WORST dungeons, bosses and over world in the entire series isn't a meme
>>
>>331245617
>if it wasn't so tedious
Found the John. You realize you the player had control over how 'tedious' the combat is, right? You sound like Egoraptor complaining about OoT's "waiting."

>>331245560
How do I even respond to that? All I can say is you can get hurt in SS too. That's no argument, you're just repeating 'ss is bad' over and over with no real point to what you're saying.
>>
>>331247262
>You realize you the player had control over how 'tedious' the combat is, right?
Wrong, a lot of enemies require directional swings which are a neat gimmick for about 5 minutes before becoming obnoxious. The combat is tedious because most enemies rely on this gimmick in one way or another making every fight identical.

>Egoraptor
I don't know what you're talking about because I don't follow e-celeb bullshit but OOT is one of my favorite games.
>>
>>331245847
>Yeah but can you swing your sword with a horizontal slash?

In TP you can and is required to defeat some enemies.
>>
>>331248004
>Wrong
Well right here you fucked up. Nothing you say after this shows how I'm wrong. The enemies that need directional swings are the ones I was even talking about specifically. If you waited around for the game to present an opening for you to swing, you fucked up. Even ignoring the obvious "just use an item" technique that every Zelda game has, those little bokoblins with the swords can be forced into defending a certain side. The game teaches you this with the first Ghirahim fight. Nearly every enemy beyond keese in the game have another, faster way to kill them, that's not exactly SS exclusive either. That's just 3D zelda man. If you fucked up that badly at playing SS it's your own fault.

>muh e-celeb bullshit
Yeah okay, just pretend you never saw any of the awesome series or like it's so criminal to watch any video that has to do with video games.

If you love OoT then you should know how much waiting there can be, IF the player doesn't use all the tools and techniques at their disposal. How you played SS is like playing OoT without using deku nuts. You can do it, but it makes any complaints you have about waiting for openings null and void.
>>
>>331247262
>You realize you the player had control over how 'tedious' the combat is, right?
Fucking explain
>>
File: Stopped-reading-there.jpg (14 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
Stopped-reading-there.jpg
14 KB, 250x272
>>331232374
>4k
>>
>>331249116
Nothing you said makes the game less tedious. I never said anything about waiting for openings. I said many enemy use the same gimmick and it is boring.

And I have never seen the series you are talking about I don't even know what it is called because I'm older than 20.
>>
>>331249139
First Ghirahim fight teaches you about making an enemy defend one way while you attack another. You can do this to the little bokoblins with swords.

You can shield bash the hermit crab things instead of making them hit a wall. If you don't have the sacred shield to protect you from the electricity yet, you can switch back to your wooden one.

You can just shoot skyward strike stabs at beamos eyes.

Normally you have to slash shield moblins' shield to pieces and then attack it, or just wait for an opening when they have iron shields. Well you can actually run up the shield and flip over them, giving you free shots at their back.

Remember the third Imprisoned fight? It shows you how you should have been fighting it the entire time. Pro tip: attacking the toes is for suckers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihu49RS3zFo

If you only ever do what it's obvious the game wants you to do in combat, you'll find it all very tedious.
>>
>>331246819
>WORST dungeons
We're not talking about Wind Waker.
>>
>>331249489
>implying I'm not older than 20
You can get off your high horse about your age anon, not every that disagrees with you is a kid. You seem to go straight for that card often.

The directional slashes and waiting for the opening are the same thing. You control where those enemies guard. If you think it's tedious just to have enemies with that period, then I think you missed the point of SS in general.

If it isn't waiting or the directional strikes then what do you find so tedious?
>>
>>331250189

Fucking hell nigger at least Wind Waker had redeemable qualities unlike Skyward Shit. The only decent thing in the game was the combat.
>>
>>331250418
Wind waker had the worst overworld and forgettable dungeons and combat.
Only good thing in that game was ganondorf
>>
>>331246819
You perfectly described Majora's Mask
>>
File: I Came Here To Laugh At You.png (119 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
I Came Here To Laugh At You.png
119 KB, 547x609
>>331246819
>WORST dungeons
>ancient cistern, sandship, skykeep
>not top tier dungeons
so you haven't played it I see
>>
>>331254702

I tried to finish it twice. I turned the game off once I saw the boss on the Ship dungeon, it was fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>331246819

Overworld, fair enough. Bosses, it's got a few decent ones like Ghirahim and Koloktos but eh. Dungeons? Nah, SS made it a point to hybridize dungeon design and overworld design in favor of the former, so the game feels like one massive dungeon, AND like half of the actual dungeons are actually very good. SS has problems but holy fuck, dungeon design is anything but one of them.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.