[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every morning I check Steam if Final Fantasy 9 is out yet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Beatrix2.jpg (138 KB, 420x336) Image search: [Google]
Beatrix2.jpg
138 KB, 420x336
Every morning I check Steam if Final Fantasy 9 is out yet.

And it never is....fuck
>>
>>331230962
Every day you could just play the original....
>>
Pray they do something unique with the steam release.

>inb4 dlc costumes.
>>
>>331231110

i dont care about extras, just give me what fucking android phones got before pc's did.
>>
>>331230962
Every morning I start playing Final Fantasy 9 in the hopes of it being good.

And it never is...fuck
>>
>>331230962
You could just emulate
>>
>>331231269

Combat is way too fucking slow, trance sucks, and Vivi is literally the only character I liked. I tried really hard to like it, but I couldn't. I didn't even finish.
>>
>>331231526
>Combat is too slow
Not Casting soulblade+ Summon on huge enemies.
>>
>>331230962
the longer you wait, the worse the letdown will be when you eventually realize that's it's still the same mediocre game
>>
>>331231809
played the android port, and it's actually touched up. The only problem is that fast mode is stupid. It's too fast. Like you can't even move correctly with that speed.

The cool thing though is if they give it hd textures for the PC port.
>>
I replay it every few years and the antiquated stuff stick out more and more each time. I can't wait to be able to speed up combat to grind AP and then turn encounters off to get to point B.
>>
>>331232236
>speed up combat to grind AP
why not just use cheats instead of wasting your time?
>>
>>331232334

I've only played on PS1, 2 and Vita I've never used emulators.
>>
>>331232334
>cheating the grind.
I'm only concerned about getting Gems for the Boost ability.
>>
>>331231526
Not only that. There is also this artificial difficulty bullcrap where most bosses do some shit to reduce you to 1 HP or kill you instantly, leveling and gear are pointless.

I've never had any trouble with FF9, never died except for once on my first playthrough when I fought that retarded book in that castle. It did say that it seems like a "Really strong enemy" but I didn't expect the devs to put a high level optional boss on a shelf in the beginning. I thought it might be a nice challenging real boss.

Then there is that constant "Hurr, party splitting up" shit going on. I just want to have my main party, I don't want to play as whoever the fuck and miss out on XP for the 3 other party members that are currently jerking each other off on the other side of the world.

Then there is stealing. Mostly pointless on normal enemies but I've always struggled to keep a boss alive just to steal everything he has. Struggled because it became boring just healing and stealing all the time. My autism prevented me to kill a boss before a message said "Nothing to steal" instead of "Couldn't steal anything". Especially if it was a weapon.

Also, WHY THE FUCK CAN SCAN MISS. Fuck you FF9. There is absolutely no reason for people to say that it's the best out of the classic 3D Final Fantasies.

It's only better than 8. And Garnets ass is pretty alright.

I don't hate 9 but it infuriates the fuck out of me. Especially when some 16 year old fucker tells me that 9 is the best out of all FF's.
>>
>>331231062
I want achievements so I can enjoy it in a new way. I've already played the PS1 release like 5 times.
>>
>>331233830
What do achievements add to the game?
Fucking nothing.
>>
>>331234385
they add achievements
>>
>>331231110
>DLC Costumes
you are scum.
Though If the costumes make sense, like that White Robe that Garnet actually had, or Zidane's alt costume from Dissidia, I guess it would be fine.
>>
Looks like shit. Literally only the main character models are updated. Kuja, and Summons FFS weren't even touched up
>>
>>331233696
Your autism is showing there champ
>>
>>331235541
Told ya' I had autism.
>>
>>331230962
Post more Beatrix
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.