[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox Zero Invincibility Mode, what are your thoughts? Vo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: sfz.jpg (374 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sfz.jpg
374 KB, 1280x720
Star Fox Zero Invincibility Mode, what are your thoughts?
Vote here: http://strawpoll.me/7113727

I personally like challenging games so this mode isn't relevant for me but I don't see the problem with including one as long as it doesn't effect the game overall. Some people are simply not familiar with video games, yet might like to play it for the story and presentation, which is fair. And besides, it may give these people an opportunity to improve their skills (depending on how the game handles feedback of failure) without getting frustrated and giving up early on.
>>
It's going to be shit, who cares
>>
>>331201919
It doesn't matter wheter the game fails or not, the topic is about easy modes in games.
>>
>>331202247
It's not easy mode, it's not playing the game mode.
If you're too shit to play video games, especially fucking star fox 64 (hd) then just watch a movie.
>>
>>331202434
Yeah, but why do you care about people playing easy baby mode? From what we've seen so far, this "Invincible Ship" doesn't seem to compromise gameplay for different difficulties. If it did, then it would be a totally different story.
>>
I'll just ignore it like I ignored Super Kong
or I would if I was actually going to play it
>>
I'm not going to use it, so how does it affect me?
No food analogies.
>>
>>331201816
>Not wanting to play invincibility mode after beating the game with all routes complete four times in a row so you can just cruise through Venom exploring stuff and shooting pigs
>>
I'm guessing "invincibility mode" is something beieng blown way out of proportion by /v/, like they always do with anything Nintendo does.
>>
File: image.png (251 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
251 KB, 500x375
Invincible baby mode is literally for little kids or people who plain suck at video games.

Why are people complaining about a mode nobody is forcing them to use?

If you don't like cake, just don't eat it. But why complain if others want a slice?

Can someone explain to me the other side of the argument I'm not grasping?
>>
>>331203475
I'm sure someone will complain that they could have used the five minutes it took them to implement it to instead make an expert mode with totally different enemy placement and new attacks for all the bosses.
>>
>>331203782
But making invincible mode is as easy as just changing the damage values to 0, it wouldn't take much effort at all.
>>
>>331203890
That's why I said five minutes. I'm including the time it took that programmer to get back to his desk after the meeting.
>>
>>331201816
Really? We're really going this far in pandering to the masses? Jesus, if you're going to give a game an "Invincibility Mode", at least Jew people out of like $5 for it. This is one if the idiotic things game devs are doing these days. They charge people over and over for every little morsel of additional content, and then give us stupid shit like an "Invincibility Mode" for free. Instead of making the people who actually like video games pay for the whole experience, how about they just charge for the casual-enabling shit like this?
>>
>>331201816
The only way I can see this being a bad this is if after you fail a mission X times a message pops up saying
"would you like us to activate god mode?"
as long as that is not an option I'm 100% fine with it.

actually I welcome it. If any of you have very young siblings who are interested in playing games with you but dont quite have the motor skills to keep up, this is a welcome introduction
>>
>>331203475
It means we're not the target audience. Us, the people that have shelled out the money time and time again FOR the experience of the game, and now they're pandering to people like my brother who are shit at games and only care about the story. Like I said, they should be charging the fucking imbeciles that are shit at the games for garbage like this.
>>
>>331204280
>2 minute adjustment
>charge 5 bucks

If they did that, you shitlords would be crying Jew, corrupt, or just plain fuck Nintendo.

You guys are so jaded by this /v/ mentality, and never pleased by anything and overreact at small shit.

It's funny, the video game board is probably the board that enjoys games the least.
>>
>>331203890
Wouldnt it be easier to set the players health to infinite/high number/restore/ than to change each damage value to 0?
>>
>>331204014
Changing enemy placements and boss attacks would take a hell of a lot than 5 minutes though
>>
>>331204028
>Really? We're really going this far in pandering to the masses?

.) Bigger playerbase and better reception
.) Higher profit (higher probability for a sequel or contuniation of the franchise)

>They charge people over and over for every little morsel of additional content, and then give us stupid shit like an "Invincibility Mode" for free.

Something that takes maybe 1 or 2 days to program.

>Instead of making the people who actually like video games pay for the whole experience, how about they just charge for the casual-enabling shit like this?

The fact they actually put something like that baby mode into the game might hint that the game offers plenty of challenge even on Normal Mode?
>>
>>331201816

I don't care. It sounds like that white raccoon suit in Mario.
>>
File: 1454879258389.png (651 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454879258389.png
651 KB, 1280x720
>>331201816
I wouldn't even mind it being a cheat code or having a "super easy mode" where enemies barely attack you, but having a win button built into the game really rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>331204608
Which I think was a pretty clever idea. Whenever I saw that shit pop out when I start the level it encouraged me to get better at the game. And it also gives less experienced casual gamers a chance to complete the course . Everyone's happy.
>>
>optional mode for cucks
Who cares?
>>
>>331204231
Or the siblings can just git gud, like we all did.
>>
Why do you have to keep making threads about a feature that has existed since NSMB?

Christ I hate you console warriors.
>>
>>331204280
Nigger, Dong Returns and Dong Freeze are two of the hardest Nintendo games I've played recently and also some of the best. Does the addition of Super Mode make them any less legitimate?
>>
I don't like it.
I'm not going to shit talk someone for using it.
But I think it's really stupid.
I thought the white Tanooki leaf was retarded as hell and I think this is too.
But I won't let it stop me from playing it.
>>
>>331205034
>But I think it's really stupid
I seriously don't understand why people are whining if it's optional.

Just don't be a faggot and don't use it, problem solved, just like Mellow mode and Gold Tanooki.
>>
>>331203782
>>331204280
There is a glass cannon mode where you do more damage and take more damage. I don't see why we can't have both modes.
>>
>>331205153
Because /v/ hates choice.
>>
>>331204517
No, I just wouldn't fucking buy Invincibility Mode since I don't want to be God. Then again, I don't really like rail-shooting gameplay, so I'm probably not going to play SFZ to begin with, but regardless, this is a development I do not like seeing. It could lead to them , in the future, just saying "fuck balance, we can always just give them an invincibility mode if it's too hard".
>>
>>331205131
>I seriously don't understand why people are whining
He wasn't whining, he was calling it stupid. He wasn't pining for it to be removed, he was pointing out that it's a ridiculous feature.
Fuck you.
>>
>>331205131
I'm not whining, I'm answering the OP.
Whining would be
>BABBY MODE CANCER KILLING VIDYA GOD DAMN KIDS CANT GIT GUD
>>
>>331204607
>The fact they actually put something like that baby mode into the game might hint that the game offers plenty of challenge even on Normal Mode?
Sure, that's definitely possible, but God damnit, why? Since video games are hip, people who are shit are GOING to play regardless, so if they want to stay shit but still get the story, I can practically guarantee you they'll pay the extra $5 to be invincible just so they can play the game.
>>
>>331205451
>GOD DAMN KIDS CANT GIT GUD
Well, they can't. Or rather, they're literally unwilling to play a game for more than a few minutes if they fail at it.
>>
>>331201816
>Some people are simply not familiar with video games, yet might like to play it for the story and presentation, which is fair
No it isn't. It's a fucking video GAME.

>And besides, it may give these people an opportunity to improve their skills (depending on how the game handles feedback of failure) without getting frustrated and giving up early on
Pussy enabler.
>>
>>331205545
Yeah, I agree, it could encourage devs and pubs to churn out shitty P2W DLC.

I'd love to see Nintendo/Platinum include subtle hints of mockery in that mode, like giving you a penalty for your score or Fox's team mates mocking you.
>>
>>331204867

I feel you. Depending on how its handled, the invincibility mode only being offered after dying at the same level 5 times or something. I'd take that as an insult 2bh.
>>
>>331206221
Oh trust me, I really took it as an insult, giving me even more motivation to get good.
>>
>>331206221
If only DMC4 had handled it better... Did that ever get fixed in SE?
>>
File: bayo.jpg (107 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bayo.jpg
107 KB, 1920x1080
>>331201816
Didn't Bayonetta have a difficulty that basically played the game for you? Didn't detract from the game one bit. I'd rather have seperate drinking fountains for casuals than allow them to drag the core gameplay down.
>>
>>331205969
>No it isn't. It's a fucking video GAME.
So what?

>Pussy enabler.
Whoa, triggered I guess...?
>>
>>331201816
This doesn't affect how I will play the game in any way (I don't plan on playing it) but I still don't like it because
>enabling casuals
git gud or git out
>>
>>331201816
>74% I'm fine with it

And they said neo/v/ wasn't real.
>>
>>331207069
>so what?
Learn to play the game.

>>331207069
Whoa, triggered I guess...?
Do you even know what you're saying or did you just want to reply?
>>
>>331206895
Casuals aren't going to play Bayonetta to begin with. And Easy Automatic really fucks with you.
>>
>>331206221

You forgot to take your trip off
>>
>>331207069
>So what?
So people who just want to enjoy the story and "cinematic experience" can fuck off or practice.
>>
I didn't have a problem with invincibility suits in Super Mario or Donkey Kong, but this seems retarded. The point of games like Star Fox is the challenge, which is completely lost when you cant lose...
>>
>>331205969
So what if it is a video game? What's wrong with having the choice to play a game like you want to? After all, it doesn't hurt you. Plus, I have never heard of a Starfox movie or book so the video game is the only way to experience the series.
>>
>>331201816
It's no different than the casual mode in Yoshi's Wooly World, who the fuck cares.
>>
>>331203475
>Food analogy

Ever considered killing yourself?
>>
>>331207762
>So what if it is a video game? What's wrong with having the choice to play a game like you want to?
You don't really want to "play" it. You just want to experience it.

>I have never heard of a Starfox movie or book so the video game is the only way to experience the series
So learn to play the game, casual.
>>
>>331201816
why not just watch a walk through on youtube?
>>
File: 1451416782874.jpg (232 KB, 1026x1803) Image search: [Google]
1451416782874.jpg
232 KB, 1026x1803
>>331207762
>playing Starfox for the story and characters

Furry detected.
>>
>>331208851
Sam's my fav.
>>
DONT FUCKING USE IT

JEsus christ. The last 20 Star Fox Zero threads ive seen have been specifically about this retarded option. Its just some shitty OPTIONAL MODE. Dont fucking use it. Nobody here will ever use it.

Why is every thread about this stupid shit?
>>
>>331201816
I actually really like the way some older games used to end the game early or have a different route depending on difficulty.
It gives people an incentive to go to that next difficulty and get better.
>>
>>331201816
It's optional, so I don't care.
If you hate it, ignore it. It's not hard.
People that say the game has been build out around the easy mode are frankly stupid. It's like saying all games with a easy difficulty setting are built around it. Plain stupid.
>>
>>331203475
>non-subway food analogy
Can't take that seriously, tbqfh fampai.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.