[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salt & Sanctuary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: saltlogo.gif (3 MB, 1000x512) Image search: [Google]
saltlogo.gif
3 MB, 1000x512
Why is no one on /v/ talking about this?

How is it? Is it worth 18 europoints?

I kind of want to get it, but at the same time, Dark Souls 3 is coming out in a few weeks...
>>
I bought it and played for like 20 minutes before getting bored. It's okay.
>>
>>331198201
looks like a castlevania clone that is being advertised to the souls fanbase.
>>
>>331198201
it's shit
>>
No one is talking about it because its not on pc yet

But yes its very good. There's a pretty deep levelling up system with a Castlevania souls type exploration and combat and some pretty cool equipment. Theres no online co op, but there is local co op. You can simulate online co op by using "share play" with a friend though, which is awesome
>>
>>331198201
It's good enough Filler until Dark 3 but I wouldn't drop that amount of money on an Indie game.
>>
>>331198201
I liked it but it is a bit overpriced. It is basically a dark souls clone except 2D, it's pretty well done. There are a couple parts of the game that I think didn't live up to their full potential, the leveling system works in a cool way but all the perks only up your stats and allow you to use certain weapons. There are no perks that give you special or passive abilities.
There are 2 kinds of currencies but the gold seems almost completely useless unless you use guns or bows, and even then I hardly found any merchants in the game to actually use the gold. I didn't find my first merchant stone until the second to last area in the game.
The covenant system seemed very unnecessary in a single player game, the differences between the covenants seemed very minimal.
NPCs sucked, there was no real quest lines
It's pretty disappointing that it has no online pvp or co op, except with some apparent weird work around.
>>
>>331198201
Ikr senpai

I thought /v/ was about video games
>>
I've been playing this since Tuesday

>Play for a few hours a day
>Made it through Red Cages after several tries against Tree of Man
>My friend has already beaten it, started a new character, and caught up to me in the time it took me to beat the boss

Either way, I'm having fun. The world map is stupid huge, I came to find out.
>>
File: SHILL ALERT.jpg (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
SHILL ALERT.jpg
54 KB, 300x300
>>
>>331199517
>I didn't find my first merchant stone until the second to last area in the game

I'll never understand how some people can play games without ever exploring as much as possible before moving on.
>>
I want to like it, but is no one going to talk about how shitty it looks?

Not the gameplay, but the fucking characters and animations look like a newgrounds flash video made by a 15 year old. Seriously it looks so fucking trash, it might be fun but the presentation is really putting me off.
>>
A friend bought it so I have a free copy because of PS4 sharing. Haven't tried yet because I'm playing XCOM 2, but I'll probably give it a shot this weekend.
>>
>>331199969

How many hours is the game?
>>
>>331198484
It should have been $10, I know a lot of effort was put into the art and mechanics but it's just too shallow to be worth $18. Great game though, especially since it was made by two people.
>>
>>331200096
>stop talking about video games on /v/ - video games.
>>
>>331200795
Not sure, and since I'm at work, I can't check.

I know one of the reasons it's taken me long was because I was using daggers exclusively up until the Wyrm. Which was a mistake, since daggers are stupid limited, have to advantages over swords, and there was a distinct lack of them and light armor available up to that point.

So I kinda gimped myself for a while before I went back, made a sword and leveled up a bit more and kicked the thing's ass.
>>
>>331200795
Not that anon, did a greatsword build and clocked 21h for my first playtrough
>>
Can you make a ninja-stealth build?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.