[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE, GAMES SHOULD FEATURE RACISM AS A MAJOR ELEMENT! How?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
>DUDE, GAMES SHOULD FEATURE RACISM AS A MAJOR ELEMENT!

How? How the fuck would you do that? Would you make racism a gameplay mechanic? Please explain.

Either the devs wear kid gloves and create clownish racism or they beat you over the head and write some of the worst grandstanding "racism is wrong, guys!" nonsense that sounds like something a hack comedian would say to get applause
>>
>"Games should have characters say NIGGER!"
>Why?
>"..."
>>
If niggers were eliminated from this planet the world would be a much better place.
>>
File: Carlton C. Carlton.png (613 KB, 1004x634) Image search: [Google]
Carlton C. Carlton.png
613 KB, 1004x634
>>
Morrowind did this and it was actually good.
>>
>>331185239
Anon, do you understand the difference between a game theme and a gameplay mechanic?
>>
>>331187463
If you can't make racial themes into gameplay, it shouldn't be in games, period.
>>
File: 1453929352357.png (59 KB, 192x182) Image search: [Google]
1453929352357.png
59 KB, 192x182
>"The only difference between Fitzroy and Comstock is how you spell the name."
>Bioshock Infinite accidentally condones the brutal oppression of minorities and the poor because if you let them take an inch, they'll rape, pillage, and plunder everything and burn your utopia to the ground
>>
>>331187441
I liked how they were so bigotted they even hated you if you were a Dunmer. I know it is partly due to engine limitations but you even receive a lower racial bonus than other races.
And heavens forbid you're Kajhit or Argonian, most outright refused talking to you unless you had a good reputation/charima.
>>
>>331185239
This thread again, please stop
>>
>>331187618
>If you can't make racial themes into gameplay, it shouldn't be in games, period.

I see.....so what you're saying is white should get a 25% damage boost against minorities!
While minorities get the lying and thief in the skill tree for free!

Great idea anon!
>>
Racism wasn't a major aspect of infinite, so please go back to /pol/
>>
This isn't Reddit. Reposts don't get you more upboats here, OP.
>>
>>331185239
>All those choices you can make that do next to nothing
One of the biggest disappointments that still sticks out to me
>>
>>331186107
Because that's how black people would have been treated back when infinite was set. If you avoid try to be politically correct by avoiding the word nigger, you can't portray the racism that was suffered by blacks in the 1920s realistically. Avoiding the word makes their oppression look less serious than it actually was.
>>
>>331187850

Thats why I feel the elder scrolls got worse once they switched to voice acting. Voice acting is not conducive to a good RPG. It limits player choice.
>>
>>331188246
The problem is, even when you let all the bad guys say it, people will complain that you promote it by saying it at all. Despite blacks calling each other exactly the same all the time it seems as the same people mentioned before thinking that only "priviledged hetero white males" can be racist and oppressing.
>>
>>331188246
>People saying nigger is worth killing people over

Bioshock Infinite would still be stupid even if they did say nigger.
>>
>>331188284
This. Most of the time VA only breaks immersion.
>>
>>331185239
Why were the Irish teaming up with niggers?
Back then sure Irish people were frowned upon but they had far more priveleges than blacks. They were actually hired as clerks, factory workers, road builders and fucking policemen. When they left their island to get jobs they actually got jobs.
>>
>>331186107
That's not what people want, tho. People want sjw games but don't want to escape the safe zone. That means no real racists, no rape, no real sexism.
>>
>>331185239
>Would you make racism a gameplay mechanic?
actually a cool thing in an rpg that allows you to choose your character race, making the choice more important instead of just cosmetic or something insignificant that can be bypassed through minmaxing, powerleveling or just straight up ignored
>>
>>331185239
>Ken Levine thinks that a choice that means nothing means more than choices that actually change the game

is Ken Levine the biggest hack of our generation?
>>
File: 1429440107569.jpg (34 KB, 420x720) Image search: [Google]
1429440107569.jpg
34 KB, 420x720
>>331187618
>"Hey guys, this game has racism as a gameplay mechanic! Aren't they idiots?
>"Dude, that's not a gameplay mechanic"
>"Duh, if they can't make it into a gameplay mechanic, why even bother?"

I love it when you guys just counter your own words to keep the discussion going.
>>
It be game of the year if the ball was actually thrown
>>
I don't know about racism as an element of gameplay, but Far Cry 4 added this in the plot, and surprise, SJW jumped on it. You can never win with these people.
>>
Racism is a failed scientific theory from the Eighteenth century, just like Physiognomics and Phrenology.
>>
Why is Bioshook Infinite a bad game without using buzzwords? In terms of gameplay its pretty much like 1,2.
I agree it was a bad game but what exactly made it trash? And yes I've watched "wait a minute that card".
>>
>>331188284
Maybe. The issue imo is that it's too expensive to voice everything, especially when you for example have to adjust or alter them due to age ratings or retards screaming that any discussion on sensitive topics has to be exactly how their point of view is.
>>
>there will never be a game, where you stomp the ruskies and execute jews

Is there anyway to go back in time? I want to change history.
>>
>>331188568

And they are pretty expensive

Thanks console gamer i guess
>>
>>331185239
You can play as nigger with all the things being a nigger entails.
>>
>>331185239
>DUDE, I SHOULD POST THIS EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Kill yourself. You take time out of your day, every day, to make this stupid and unoriginal thread on 4chan. Your life has sank to that point and it is time to either stop posting or stop breathing.
>>
File: 1404114617347.jpg (880 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1404114617347.jpg
880 KB, 2560x1440
I bought this game on sale entirely with money I got from selling all my TF2 and CSGO shit.
I still felt ripped off.

Top-tier girl, though.
>>
>>331198082
>no watermark

you got that from /bsg/ didnt you?
>>
File: 1401400346258.gif (3 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1401400346258.gif
3 MB, 500x280
>>331198740
I probably saved it from /v/. If I'm actively seeking Elizabeth pictures, I'll just find some SFM.
>>
File: 1415564618633.jpg (486 KB, 1002x991) Image search: [Google]
1415564618633.jpg
486 KB, 1002x991
>>331198830
ah, my mistake
>>
>>331187720
>that line

Truly the Citizen Kane of video games!
>>
>>331192798

I can see the argument for silent protags, but complex, comprehensively voiced dialogue options would be far more engaging for me personally.

I honestly expect voice in games now.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.