[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games where you play as a complete asshole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 8976-2-1453716959.jpg (103 KB, 714x802) Image search: [Google]
8976-2-1453716959.jpg
103 KB, 714x802
Games where you play as a complete asshole?
>>
>>331184665
>Games where you play as a complete asshole?

Rockstar games.
>>
File: donte.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
donte.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
Thank god it won't get a sequel.
>>
File: Kinect_CTA_Page.jpg (6 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
Kinect_CTA_Page.jpg
6 KB, 300x250
>>
>Kratos
>asshole

I don't think you understand Kratos, anon.
>>
File: lsllll.png (91 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
lsllll.png
91 KB, 600x450
The whole LSL series.
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1191x670
>>
>>331184665
In Deponia you're both an asshole and retard
>>331184868
In modern age he's one, in his age he's a savage hero
>>
>>331184665
Dark souls, the chosen undead is a douche
>>
>>331184868
Nah he's a total dickhead
>>
>>331184665
kirby
>>
>>331184863
Underrated
>>
>>331184863
lol
>>
File: alexmercer.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
alexmercer.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>
>>331187054
He was better than Heller though.
>>
>>331184868

in first game, his action were KINDA justified, if you won'd mind him being a prick before, but after that he went straight to assholery
>>
>>331186940
>>331185894
He was justified with his rage at the end of 1, but after that when he started slaughtering other gods and shit thats when he became an asshole

They did bring it upon themselves though, they knew the kind of destruction he could bring and what did they do? Kicked him in the teeth at the door and pissed on his sandals
>>
>>331187054
Mercer was fine until character assassination.
>>
>>331184863
How do I upvote this?
>>
>>331184868
>on a vengeance quest against the person he sold his soul to
>after being forced to become a God, becomes a complete asshole because it comes with the job
>betrayed
>starts murdering everyone
>destroys damn near the entire world because he hates his dad.

You could be right. I may have missed something amidst the ruins of Earth and the Greek Pantheon.
>>
>>331184665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSX7DlDLBg
Fuck ancient times.
>>
>>331184665
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOHmga0UGw
>>
Honestly God of Was should have ended with Kratos hurling himself into the ocean.

He worked as basically a slave for the Gods for 10 years under the promise of being forgiven for his sins and released from the nightmares that plagued him.

The bit where he is formally forgiven but it changes nothing is a very good ending for his character arc IMO, killing himself is the only thing he could do to escape the guilt.

But I'm guessing that it wasn't a message they wanted for thier game.
>>
>>331186889
fuckin really
everything is trying to kill him like everything and everyone. if your not going around breaking covenants he's pretty much not an asshole.

>>331187054
fuck that game was amazing, it was badass how much the abilities changed the gameplay, and how the infection spread. the map was fucking awesome. the challenges were cool.

the sequel was such a let down in comparison it's like they just wanted the franchise to die and for no one to ever play or talk about it again
>>
>>331187307
You missed a few important details
>on a vengeance quest against the person he sold his soul to
He was given a quest, by the gods, that if he were to kill Ares who was stirring shit up for no reason he'd be rid of his memories and sins against his family.

What do they do right after he finishes the quest? The one where he died impaled to a god damned wall and was brought back from Hades for them mind you?

>TELL HIM THEY FUCKING LIED ABOUT RIDDING HIM OF THE SINS HE DID
>Force him to become a fucking God and tell him that he's going to have to just DEAL WITH IT

>after being forced to become a God, becomes a complete asshole because it comes with the job

>He fucking hates his life and can't even kill himself now because the gods will just go LOL DONT THINK SO PAL
So what happens next
>Becomes TOO good at his new job, made the last guy seem like a chump
and because the tried and true way MUST be the right way they do what?
>betrayed

AND EVEN THEN THEY COULDNT KILL HIM RIGHT BECAUSE ONE OF THE TITANS HAD A RAGING WET VAGINA FOR HIS FEELINGS and power AND BROUGHT HIM BACK TO LIFE AFTER BEING STABBED BY THE VERY SWORD MEANT TO KEEP SHIT COMPLETELY DEAD

So now he's been fucked over twice, and so he doesn't get fucked a third time? Join up with the enemies of the enemy, because that's a great fucking idea.

And so he helps the only other things aside from himself that could take down battle-ready gods

Who then proceed to FUCK HIM OVER

Kratos has been fucked in every way but the right way
So?
>starts murdering everyone
>destroys damn near the entire world because he hates his dad and everyone else in it

All he wanted was his family and they said NEENER NEENER TOO BAD

They had it coming.

THATS NOT EVEN INCLUDING THE SHIT THAT HAPPENED IN THE PSP GAMES EITHER
>>
Does anyone have the mirrored boxart?
>>
>>331184868
WAAAH I was being an asshole and attacking everyone and got my shit pushed in, better cry for help from the gods like a baby when he meets someone stronger than him(despite being a spartan), oh look ares said if I serve him he'll give me tools to beat my enemies, guess I'll be his bottom bitch.

proceeds keep disobeying the person I sold my soul to, gets punished but ares tricking him into his own family (didn't even make him do it technically either), He then goes on a titanic tantrum and kills him.

Kratos is a giant manbaby and all of his troubles are self inflicted and he acts like he's the victim.
>>
Blood
Borderlands
>>
>>331187830
You missed a few things.

He was a Spartan general who sold his Soul to Aries rather than die, and he became an enforcer of Aries going around and fucking up everyone's shit because Aries told him to and kept making him more and more powerful.

Eventually he is encouraged to go into a temple of Athena and kill everyone, 2 of which turn out to be his Wife and Daughter. He wasn't forced to do this, he just blindly massacred everyone and he accidently hit people he cared about, sure they were put there by Aries, but he still killed countless other women and children in the same rampage and simply looking at who he was swinging at would have prevented it.

He swears revenge on Aries and becomes an errand boy for the other Gods, working under the promise of forgiveness and freedom from his nightmares. Eventually they give one final task: to kill the God of War since he's a dick.

Kratos complies, since he gets revenge and Athena promises divine forgiveness, he doesn't give a shit about Athens being burned. The other gods all help him because everyone hates Aries but they've been forbidden from fighting eachother directly.

After retrieving Pandora's box he defeats Aries, and Athena reveals that while he can be formally forgiven and not officially known as a child killing asshole, the gods do not have the power to stop his guilt ridden visions.

Depressed he kills himself, but is saved and made into the new God of War, which he doesn't really want to be. Athena makes him a God, but presumably Zeus did not consent.

Later he is an asshole God and hated because he favours the army of Sparta over everyone else when he's not meant to play favourites. But even this is just an excuse for Zeus to kill him, since the actual reason is paranoia about the cycle of Son usurping father recurring. Then Kratos allies with the Titans and aims to kill Zeus.

His anger against certain people may be justified, but Kratos was always an irredeemable asshole.
>>
Mad Max
>>
Marche
>>
What was that one shooter-rpg I think it was bioware and/or obsidian and you could be a real bastard if you chose to
>>
>>331189192
Alpha Protocol.
>>
>>331185678
>thinks big boss is an asshole

If it's not b8
You're an idiot
>>
File: Talesoftheabyss_us.jpg (31 KB, 250x357) Image search: [Google]
Talesoftheabyss_us.jpg
31 KB, 250x357
>>331184665
>>
File: file.png (302 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
file.png
302 KB, 640x400
>>331184665
>>
YE YE (YE)

>>331184868
Nigga, the man condemned the world to destruction just because of a petty vengeance.
He's a complete asshole in my book.
>>
>>331187054
I miss this game, I wish there would be a Prototype 3
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.