[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: cube-world2.png (314 KB, 600x329) Image search: [Google]
cube-world2.png
314 KB, 600x329
what happened?
>>
Nothing.

That's the problem.
>>
>>331154797
too good for this world
>>
>>331154797
>I bought this $20 piece of shit
>>
>>331154797
Wollay came back in December with some updates.

Will he release them? Doubt it, but he is still working on the piece of shit.
>>
>>331154797
People found out about the game, pushed the guy to hurry up and release it.

He released it, it was not ready.

Stopped sales of the game after people complained it was not ready, continued to develop in private.

It will be released when it's ready.
>>
I actually bought it and don't feel ripped off.

It's fine
>>
>>331154797
it's apparently not dead, the guy has been working on it for the past couple of years in secret.

will it ever see the light of day? god only knows.
>>
>>331154797
>guy's making his dream game in his free time
>blogs about it
>people see blog
>I WANNA PLAY THAT
>guy says game isn't ready and is only barely functional
>I WANNA PLAY THAT ANYWAY
>No, really it's barely functional you'll get bored immediately. I'm not developing this full time
>FUCK YOU LET ME PLAY SO YOU CAN BE THE NEXT MINECRAFT
>Fine dang
>WHY IS THERE NOTHING TO DO, WHY AREN'T YOU UPDATING CONSTANTLY
>I told you son

Wollay's never promised a finished product, and he didn't even want to sell the thing. If he didn't give in to screaming kids it probably still wouldn't be for sale.
>>
>>331156026
I feel like someone should screen cap this for future Cube World threads. I'm too lazy.

I see at least two a week.
>>
>>331156231
two a week? really?

i figured that whatever community/fanbase this game had would be long dead by now
>>
>>331154797
The developers existed.
>>
>scam world
>>
>>331155716

I'd rather he take his time and deliver than see Minecraft 2.0 be released
>>
>>331156969
agreed

it would be nice if he kept everyone in the loop though
>>
Nothing. It's a guy's life project you retards begged for him to release.
He won't ever be done until he croaks.
>>
What was the appeal anyway?
>>
>>331157269
>life project
>video game
That is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>331157374
Nothing wrong with that.
Without that sort of dedication, we wouldn't have Dorf Fort.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (204 KB, 901x498) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
204 KB, 901x498
>>331156026
>Wollay's never promised a finished product
He did.
>he didn't even want to sell the thing
He chose to sell it.
>>
>>331157374
So, what's yours, fatass?
>>
>>331157374
It's pathetic to take up a skill to do something you enjoy?
>>
>>331157550
I don't think you comprehend what was said.
>>
Wollay couldn't code his way out of a wet paper bag.
>>
>>331157374
>life project
>novel
>play
>symphony
>painting
>encyclopedia
>research
>literally fucking anything you can sink infinite amounts of time into

Gee boss...
>>
>>331157550
You missed the point of his post
>>
>>331157550
strange he didn't mention dark souls
>>
>>331154797
The game that was supposed to fuck notch and his shitty adventure update. It would have shown how to do real combat, leveling, and quests. Instead it released too early and never got updated.
>>
>>331157710
I did.
>>331157873
I didn't.

Whether or not he "wanted" to sell it is irrelevant.
The choice to sell it rests with him, not the people who asked him to do so. He is not a victim of his customers. He's a developer who bit off more than he could chew and chose to disappear instead of saying so.
>>
>>331158386
>and chose to disappear

The fact that you think this and choose to say it shows you don't understand that literally nothing has changed about his development plan
>>
>>331158543
>We're planning to release updates regularly.
I understand.
>>
>>331158309
It's a good thing, then, that what few mechanics were completed on its public release still managed to demonstrate a sub-minecraft level of game design. Combat in particular, it was worse than Minecraft. That's a fucking achievement.
If it ever does get made, it's going to suck and anyone with a few braincells rubbing together should be able to figure that out from the alpha.
>>
>>331158543
Look at his history on twitter before he disappeared and look after. Yeah, he bolted because he didn't need to work on it anymore. He and his wife already made enough from the game to take care of them for a little while, not to mention the amount of coverage they received from Streamers and other such people for the little while after it came out.

They don't need to bother with the game anymore, and these "updates" he does every 6-10 months are literally nothing.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.