[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which cinematic third-person shooter starring a wise-cracking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: fewc.png (801 KB, 688x561) Image search: [Google]
fewc.png
801 KB, 688x561
Which cinematic third-person shooter starring a wise-cracking middle-aged dude with brown hair do you think will be better?
>>
Quantum break seems more interesting

Plus it's getting a PC release so of course /v/ will prefer it on that basis alone
>>
Thought I was reading a VICE headline at first.
>>
Quantum Break, because Remedy so it will likely have amuch more interesting character and some cool gameplay with the time shit.
>>
Quantum because it's remedy.
>>
>>331134025
Quantum Break will have better writing.
>>
Uncharted 4. Quantum Break will hopefully be good, but I'm skeptical that the gameplay will be decent. Naughty Dog are the kings of this and Uncharted is a fantastic series, it's a no brainer.
>>
>>331134025
Uncharted 4, without a doubt.
>>
Quantum Break. Uncharted is barely a game, just a set of cutscenes with tiny bits of gameplay.
>>
File: TIMEVISION.jpg (479 KB, 3508x2480) Image search: [Google]
TIMEVISION.jpg
479 KB, 3508x2480
>>
>>331139886
Quantum Break will literally have so much footage they'll have to stream it because it won't fit on the disc.
>>
quantam break easily. more interesting concept, gameplay looks way better and graphics will obviously be better since its a pc release.
>>
File: naughty dog btfo.jpg (32 KB, 672x378) Image search: [Google]
naughty dog btfo.jpg
32 KB, 672x378
>>331134025
Quantum Break thisi s not even debateable.

Naughty Dog is unironically one of the worst devs in the industry, Remedy shits all over them.
>>
File: 1445450874666.gif (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1445450874666.gif
1 MB, 256x192
>>331139886
>Uncharted is barely a game, just a set of cutscenes with tiny bits of gameplay.

This is honestly the worst meme of them all on this board.
The entire point of the series is to make parts that would otherwise be cutscenes playable and also letting characters play their dialogue during gameplay. This is something anyone that actually played the series would know, meaning you haven't.

For example all cutscenes in Uncharted 2 clock in at 1h28m. That's nothing compared to most games today.
>>
>>331141329
>people like this keep posting uncharted 3 screens and using that game as an example
>these very same people most likely praise amy hennig as well when she's the reason uncharted 3 was a mess
>>
>>331134025
Uncharted will undeniably have better gameplay since the QB guys have pretty poor track record in regards to that.

Story might however be better in QB.
>>
File: 1429367818204.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429367818204.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>331134025
Uncharted has been mediocre and mechanically flaccid since its inception, and it killed cinematic platforming.

At its worst, Quantum Break'll be ambitious but flawed and at the bare minimum we might at least get some cool time fuckery gameplay and dank CIA memes out of it.
>>
Uncharted.

Everything about the world in Quantum that I've seen seems to be in a city setting, really boring and linear
>>
>>331135117
Ha. I clicked this thread to post this, or something along these lines.
Well done Anon.
Sage
>>
>>331134961
Yeah but the system requirements are ridiculous, also Windows 10 and "Windows App Store".

Aside from that, I think Uncharted 4 will be more pleasant to play.
>>
>>331143802
>uncharted fans calling anything boring and linear
>>
File: MaxPayne.jpg (175 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
MaxPayne.jpg
175 KB, 1280x960
>>331142552
>Remedy
>Poor track record for gameplay
>>
Quantum Break looks like it will have a decently enjoyable story. There's an "evil dude" with the same powers as you, and you play as him for some part(s) and he's the fucking CIA. Also, the jokes seem to be just stupid enough to enjoy.
>>
>>331145108
You're looking at a game from 15 years ago that is now severely dated instead of their latest games, Alan Wake, American Nightmare and iOS games.
I bet you think the entire team stayed intact as well.

Max Payne 3 was amazing gameplay wise, but these guys did not make that game.
>>
>>331139886
> Uncharted is barely a game, just a set of cutscenes with tiny bits of gameplay.

It's fascinating really, people who have obviously never played the games or even watched a significant amount of gameplay have deluded themselves into thinking that Uncharted is a completly different genre than it actually is.

They arnt Telltale style "interactive movies", the overwhelming majority of time spend in an Uncharted game is third person shooting, light Platforming and puzzels and set-peice moments which are a mix of Shooting and Platforming but with more excitment going on, such as the enviroment moving/breaking or other extraneous hazards.

It's fine to not like the games, hate them if you must. But I don't get why people outright lie about them. The "QTE fest" is completly false, Uncharted 1 had a couple QTEs 4 at the most, and apart from one section in 2 that was only kind of a QTE (prompts were standard melee combat buttons but slightly different context) that's all there's is.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.